PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Breakfast?

Pages : [1] 2

Alice Fan
11-10-2005, 02:34 PM
What is your favorite place to have breakfast in or around Disneyland? We're staying at HoJo's, want to eat either close to that, in DTD or inside DL...

janell
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Storyteller at Grand Cal. Hotel is my favorite.

With in DL, River Belle Terrace in Frontierland is good and Carnation Cafe on Main Street is good too.

Have fun on your trip.

rentayenta
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Whitewater Snacks inside the GCH makes really good breakfast burritos.

Mimi's has awesome marmalade and cream cheese stuffed french toast and its right next to the HoJo.

annieb727
11-10-2005, 02:46 PM
i really enjoyed Goofy's Kitchen buffet -- lots of variet and lots of fun characters!! (it is a bit spendy though)

i've hear a lot of good things about Mimi's Cafe, though I've never been (near DL)

LLevy
11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
With in DL, River Belle Terrace in Frontierland is good and Carnation Cafe on Main Street is good too.

Have fun on your trip.

Have to agree here. one of the special things to do at Disneyland is actually eat breakfast in the park. you can catch a couple of rides (if the park opens early enough), and then grab a nice sit-down meal. Carnation cafe has good food, and you are right on main street to watch the people and any entertainment that might happen by. We also always try to get out to river belle terrace and sit and watch the ducks and boats around tom saywers island- but watch out for the sparrows!

L

DianeM
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Honestly... a big bowl of Raisin Bran in my hotel room. I bring the bowl, and the cereal, and buy a quart of milk at a mini-mart on the first day. Then I spend the $15-20 I would have spent on breakfast on some cool souvenirs. :-)

What is your favorite place to have breakfast in or around Disneyland? We're staying at HoJo's, want to eat either close to that, in DTD or inside DL...

LLevy
11-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Honestly... a big bowl of Raisin Bran in my hotel room. I bring the bowl, and the cereal, and buy a quart of milk at a mini-mart on the first day. Then I spend the $15-20 I would have spent on breakfast on some cool souvenirs. :-)

well- yes- I may grab a basic breakfast in the room while waiting for everyone else in the party to get up and going, then we can hit some rides- then do a full sit down meal.. best of all worlds

L

DianeM
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
If you want a sit down breakfast, you have to go to the River Belle Terrace and have Mickey Mouse Pancakes. You'll have to wait in line a bit, but it's worth it. Don't bother with Denny's - they're not any cheaper than the places in the park (even the McDonald's near the park jacks up it's prices) - and they don't have Mickey Mouse Pancakes. :-)

well- yes- I may grab a basic breakfast in the room while waiting for everyone else in the party to get up and going, then we can hit some rides- then do a full sit down meal.. best of all worlds

L

Micki0624
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Be sure to get the Mickey Mouse Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Most of the character breakfasts have that.

Donald Duck Fan68
11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
...you have to go to the River Belle Terrace and have Mickey Mouse Pancakes. You'll have to wait in line a bit, but it's worth it...

One of my fondest memories as a kid was going to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast on our first day in Disneyland and eating Mickey Mouse Pancakes. I think I'll take my kids there on our first day. Thanks for sparking the memory! :D

MsYumiBr
11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Mickey Mouse pancakes at River Belle used to be our favorite too. But now, the novelty has worn off and my kids' favorite is now any buffet with a large variety, or the concierge lounge at DLH. Go figure.

Alice Fan
11-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! Those Mickey waffles with strawberries and whipped cream sound VERY tempting! We may try that!

Shelli

Oooh, 14 days...I can hardly stand it!!! :0)

MrsG
11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Riverbelle Terrace - a classic. Can't go wrong eating Mickey pancakes while watching the Mark Twain go by.

Hubby likes the character breakfast at Paradise Pier hotel. Low key and decent food, but not cheap.

For a fast food breakfast, yet really pretty good, I like the croissant breakfast at Club Buzz. Lots of scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese on a croissant, potatoes and a couple of strawberries (at least in the summer) along with a drink for about 6 bucks. But I don't think this is open year-round.

Opus1guy
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Riverbelle Terrace - a classic. Can't go wrong eating Mickey pancakes while watching the Mark Twain go by.

Agree. That's likely why it was Walt's favorite place for breakfast.

Some of our younger readers might not even know that the River Belle Terrace was for most of it's life, the Pancake house of Disneyland from 1955 until not too many years ago. Pancakes used to be served there for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It's only fairly recently in Disneyland's life, that pancakes and other breakfast items are only sold there during breakfast hours now. God, I used to love having pancakes, eggs and bacon at River Belle at like 11pm! :)

From 1955 until I think 1971, it's name was the Aunt Jemima Pancake House Restaurant. Then it was briefly renamed "Magnolia Tree Terrace" for only about a year, and then it changed to the current "River Belle Terrace."

But even to this day, you'll still hear many old timer Guests, Cast Members and Disney Legands refer to it simply such as: "Let's eat at the Pancake House." :)

Anyway...there's a lot of breakfast history going all the way back to 1955 at the River Belle Terrace.

Anyone here old enough to remember the Pancake Races down Main Street? Man, you wouldn't have wanted to eat any of those flapjacks after you saw where most of them "visited" for a few seconds on the way down the street! ;)

TikiTiki
11-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Really, really good food here for breakfast. The setting is simply lovely and starts out the day perfectly.

Depending on how many days we are at the DLR, we try to do this once if not twice.

( ...... however, eating fresh, yummy pancakes in my GC room, in big fluffiy robes while listening to GRR start up and splash about... is a tough act to follow ) ;)

tink360
11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Agree. God, I used to love having pancakes, eggs and bacon at River Belle at like 11pm! :)

I didn't know they had breakfast 'round the clock! Too bad this changed - I'd love to have breakfast for dinner. Breakfast food just seems too heavy for eating first thing in the morning - go figure!

I love Peter Pan
11-16-2005, 08:47 AM
I absolutely LOVE Goofy's Kitchen! The way they come up to your table while you're eating is very convenient! Also the Plaza Inn had a very good princess breakfast. The crapes were the absolute best!

Wendi
11-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Absolute best breakfast??? Storyteller's Cafe... hands down! Don't miss the French Toast!!! You can order off the menu or get the buffet - I vote for the buffet because your drinks are included too, plus you can still get anything from the menu even if it's not offered on the buffet line (ie: they will offer to bring you Mickey Waffles - they make each order fresh, they don't sit on the buffet... same for special order eggs/omelets)

I also like White Water Snacks for a quick and cheap breakfast (I always get the breakfast burrito) I love that you ALWAYS get strawberries there too!

potzbie
11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
If you wish to eat BEFORE the gates open (as I would, since I don't want to waste the precious first 60 minutes LETTING THE QUEUES GROW LONGER with each passing minute!), then I have eaten at Granville's, in the Disneyland Hotel, and I was satisfied with the service and food.
Certainly, the crowd was low. -- I was one of maybe three parties eating breakfast at that hour.

Actually, I've eaten more often at the McDonalds across the street (Harbor Bl.) since they open well before the DL gates open.
But the IHOP is likewise situated, but I have not eaten there.

Physically, McDonalds and IHOP is closer to the Main Gate than anything except Story Tellers Cafe, if my judge of distances is accurate.
So, if walking (close proximity) is paramount, then McDonalds or IHOP is cheaper than White Water, cheaper than Story Teller's, and as close as is reasonable.

TimBuk2
11-16-2005, 08:20 PM
River Belle in New Orleans Square for sure. Probably the best value inside the park for breakfast.

SandraVB79
11-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Mickey Pancakes at River Belle Terrace. If you come in the park at opening, and you take the train to NOS, you don't have to stand in line for it!

I know why that was Walt's breakfast/ brunch place, the view is wonderful! And the pancakes were good!!!!!!

Vegitabeta
11-17-2005, 03:27 AM
Can't remember the name of it, but one breakfast in particular at the Rainforest Café, it's a loada fruit and some oatmeal...it's yummy!:)

SeansMom
11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
River Belle Terrace 'cause you can sit on the terrace outside and watch the people, characters, and the boats go by. It's relaxing and entertaining!

olddumbguy
11-17-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm a big fan of IHOP. I've never eaten at River Belle, sounds like fun, but I would hate to have to wait in a line first thing into the park. I want to jump on as many rides as possible before standing in any line.

IHOP... yummy. My all time fav is chocolate chocolate chip pancakes buried in whip cream... With iced-tea and suger to get my energy up.

jazzysmom
11-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Storytellers at The Grand Californian. OMG, the french toast...it is carmel or something. I HATE french toast, and I could eat this by the bucket full!!