PDA

View Full Version : Xmas at Disneyland Yea or Nay?

Niwel
11-10-2005, 11:54 AM
My friend, her fiance, his brother and his brother's fiancee want to go to DL around X-Mas. The kicker: they can only get there between Dec. 24 and Dec. 29. I told her it probably wasn't the greatest idea as I stopped going years ago during that time. I know that week is insane, and because Xmas is a Sunday and X-mas eve is Saturday it might be even crazier.
But, those of you who have gone at that time might have some ideas. Is it worth it for them to go at all at that time? And if so, which day?

samkj
11-10-2005, 12:14 PM
If they have no other choices, then of course its worth it, IT'S DISNEYLAND! However that is traditionally one of the busiest times of year. Do they need to go on ever ride multiple times to be happy or could they be happy just taking in the atmosphere and wandering around the park?

My husband is a teacher, so we always attend at busy times of year. We plan on crowds and just make the most of it. It can be done, but ideally I would rather go at quiet times.

Amy, only 9 more days till DL vacation!!

Darkbeer
11-10-2005, 12:15 PM
How do they handle crowds? If not so well, then have them stay away.

What do they want to do, enjoy the atmosphere, or go on attractions? If they want to mainly do attractions, they better be prepared for LONG lines. Also, they should learn the details of FASTPASS, they will be able to get one every two hours, but most will run out early. So they might be able to get a maximum of three FP's, choose wisely.

Also, all the Priority Seating Restaurants will not be taking walk-ins, so they will have to plan their meals in advance.

I would look at the 26th thru the 29th.

Niwel
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys ... I think they're gonna pass. I told her to check out a Wednesday in Jan/Feb if they don't like crowds. ;)