PDA

View Full Version : Where is the VIP [50th Tour] Fireworks Seating? [merged]

annieb727
11-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey everyone!

I am SO excited for my trip to DL next month! DH and I are leaving the boys (ages 1 & 3) with some friends from Church, and celebrating our five year anniversary there!

So since we can do things we wouldn't be able to do with the kiddos, I have planned some tours that we're going to attend. And this is where my question is...I know that the VIP seating for the parade is near small world YAY! But we're also doing the 50th Anniversary Tour, which will end with Fireworks, and I'm wondering exactly WHERE we'll be?

I am thrilled for the opportunity to see the fireworks near the castle (that's where it will be right?) -- as we've only seen it from near the Matterhorn and from the Fantasmic viewing area (which was fun).

Thanks!

DianeM
11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
It is my understanding that the vip fireworks seating is on the platform at the entrance of the Main Street Railroad station. It's not a perfect place to see the fireworks, but it is rated very well in the MousePlanet fireworks review.

I am thrilled for the opportunity to see the fireworks near the castle (that's where it will be right?) -- as we've only seen it from near the Matterhorn and from the Fantasmic viewing area (which was fun).

Thanks!

stan4d_steph
11-10-2005, 09:09 AM
It is my understanding that the vip fireworks seating is on the platform at the entrance of the Main Street Railroad station. It's not a perfect place to see the fireworks, but it is rated very well in the MousePlanet fireworks review.True, but I can imagine that is has been moved elsewhere now that the Christmas tree is in the way.

annieb727
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
i hope they've moved it...would be a horrible place to see it with that big tree in the way...anyone know for sure?

annieb727
11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
ok - i just called and WAITED on hold for almost FOREVER -- but found out that VIP Firework seating while the tree is up is still located at the same place on the platform by the train station -- they said it IS do-able there.

So I'm kind of bummed -- was hoping for really great seating...like in the main hub area near the castle or something :crying:

Spazz
11-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi annieb727,
Don't be bummed about the seating. My sister and I went on the same tour a few months ago and we loved sitting on the platform by the train station.
The first night we were there we staked out seats right in front of the castle. The view of the projections is better right in front of the castle, but we had to look way up to see the fireworks in the sky. The second night we took the tour and we both agreed that we enjoyed the fireworks more from the train station. You can see some of the projections and you can see Tinkerbell's flight, also. IMHO, the view is very good from the train station platform and they also provided very yummy treats to eat while we watched the show.

annieb727
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi annieb727,
Don't be bummed about the seating. My sister and I went on the same tour a few months ago and we loved sitting on the platform by the train station.
The first night we were there we staked out seats right in front of the castle. The view of the projections is better right in front of the castle, but we had to look way up to see the fireworks in the sky. The second night we took the tour and we both agreed that we enjoyed the fireworks more from the train station. You can see some of the projections and you can see Tinkerbell's flight, also. IMHO, the view is very good from the train station platform and they also provided very yummy treats to eat while we watched the show.

yes, BUT there's going to be a BIG tree right in front of us!!

sierranevada
11-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Just got back last night and took the 50th tour again on Fri 11/11 and got a pleasant surprise. Because of the Christmas tree on Main street, they moved the reserved fireworks seating to the Plaza Gardens! And boy did that come in handy - Friday was the day they closed the gates in the early afternoon!

potterphreak
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Oooooooh, ooooooh!! Where are the Plaza Gardens??!?!?!?!?! I want goooood seating too!!!!

DangerMouse
11-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Oooooooh, ooooooh!! Where are the Plaza Gardens??!?!?!?!?! I want goooood seating too!!!!

Yes! More detail please!! I would love to hear exactly where they are seating now. I was wondering if the view from the train depot is completely ruined now. I saw some pictures taken recently from the station where you could see the castle quite well if you stood to the left of the tree. I mean, obviously you won't see the projections (but the distance ruins that anyway), but I wonder if the view is completely ruined by the tree.

Anyone??

sierranevada
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM

If you are facing the castle, it is to your left. It is where they are doing the Junior Chef program if that helps.

annieb727
11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
YAY!!!!!!!

I am SOOOO HAPPY about this!! I was worried when they told me it would be still at the train station!!:fez:

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
11-15-2005, 02:28 PM
sierranevada, did you enjoy the actual tour? is it worth going on the tour in order to get the vip seating for the fireworks? also what age range do think the tour would appeal too? sorry for all of the questions, i am just really nervous about camping out for so long, in order to get a good veiw of the fireworks. my family will be there dec.11-15th. thanks!

sierranevada
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
sierranevada, did you enjoy the actual tour? is it worth going on the tour in order to get the vip seating for the fireworks? also what age range do think the tour would appeal too? sorry for all of the questions, i am just really nervous about camping out for so long, in order to get a good veiw of the fireworks. my family will be there dec.11-15th. thanks!

We enjoyed the tour so much that we have done it twice - once on July 4th and once on 11/11. We have had kids from 7 - 16 yrs old. All the kids loved it. The 7 yr old was very timid and did not ride the rides - we had Buzz, BTMRR, Pirates & Splash (our guide squeezed in four rides - you are only suppose to get three). She stayed behind with the guide. The seats are awesome. We enjoyed not only the rides but the information that the guide gives you.

DISNEYLANDMOMMY
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
thanks i think we might give it a go:)

Raven
11-16-2005, 07:54 AM
What is the number to call for this tour? Thanks!

sierranevada
11-16-2005, 09:23 AM
What is the number to call for this tour? Thanks!

Call 714-781-4400 exactly one month prior to when you want to go. If you want tickets for 12/19 - call on 11/19 and start dialing a little before 8 am.

tink360
11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I got tickets for the tour, the vip seating they said is next to IASW. Not as good as in the hub in front of the castle, but hopefully good enough. I hope there is something of a view of tinkerbell! When I called, I was told we would get to walk on IASW holiday & HMH with the rest of the tour, (if there was a 3rd attraction I don't recall what it was). Also hot chocolate & cookies for the fireworks show :)

sierranevada
11-16-2005, 03:52 PM
I got tickets for the tour, the vip seating they said is next to IASW. Not as good as in the hub in front of the castle, but hopefully good enough. I hope there is something of a view of tinkerbell! When I called, I was told we would get to walk on IASW holiday & HMH with the rest of the tour, (if there was a 3rd attraction I don't recall what it was). Also hot chocolate & cookies for the fireworks show :)

What you are describing is the Holiday tour with IASWH & HMH. The reserved seating for that is across from IASW but it is for the Christmas Parade - not the fireworks. And yes, you get hot cocoa and a cookie along with a holiday pin. Hope that is the tour you wanted. We have done that one too and it is lots of fun and very festive!

tink360
11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
uhhh, no, was really hoping for decent seats for the fireworks. Rats, after hearing how difficult it is to secure a place for the fireworks without staking out someplace for hours - or trying to bulldoze my way in at the last minute (which I wouldn't do!) I thought it would be a good idea to go for the seats. My son & I aren't big parade fans, MSEP was the only exception....Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if there's any way to fix it.

sierranevada
11-16-2005, 07:26 PM
uhhh, no, was really hoping for decent seats for the fireworks. Rats, after hearing how difficult it is to secure a place for the fireworks without staking out someplace for hours - or trying to bulldoze my way in at the last minute (which I wouldn't do!) I thought it would be a good idea to go for the seats. My son & I aren't big parade fans, MSEP was the only exception....Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if there's any way to fix it.

The name of the tour that you want is "From Imagination to Celebration" - also known as the 50th tour. Hope they can change for you.

tink360
11-17-2005, 08:30 AM
The name of the tour that you want is "From Imagination to Celebration" - also known as the 50th tour. Hope they can change for you.

I got it changed! The CM on the phone was so great, she had to go to another room to find the original reservation, plus get her manager's approval to trade the tickets out. Then she even gave me the discount on my disney card that I had forgot to ask for. This was after scoring riverside seats to fantasmic, (they added 11:30 shows fri & sat after thanksgiving). What would I do without you wonderful helpful people on mouseplanet. Thanks so much!

sierranevada
11-17-2005, 09:11 AM
I got it changed!

So happy it worked out for you - the 50th tour is really great! You will go on three rides in addition to the reserved seats for the fireworks. You will also get a copy of the group picture, a replica for the old A - E ticket book, a collectible pin and a snack box with an apple, chips, cookie and water. Enjoy!