PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Operating Days/Times

itig
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi there...it seems the more I get into DL, the more details I want to plan out ahead of time. I was wondering if there is a resource to find out which attractions are open or closed on certain days of the week or times of the year. We will be at DL Nov 13-19. I know how to find the fireworks, F!, parade schedule and such, but what about some of the other rides...i.e. the canoes, Riverboat and Columbia? Do these only operate at certain times? Are there others that are the same?

Thanks in advance!!!

maryjeane
11-09-2005, 10:23 PM
If you look at the schedule for the days you are going to be there at www.disneyland.com it will give you rides that are closed. We will be there the same days as you and the only thing due to be closed is the Mad Tea Party on Tuesday.

Anyone know why they are closing it for one day?

Darkbeer
11-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Actually, many things are not listed.

Currently, both the Canoes and the Columbia do not operate on most weekdays. The Mark Twain does operate daily.

Toontown doesn't open until 1 hour after park opening.

Tom Sawyer Island opens around the same time, and closes around 4 PM.

Innoventions also often opens late, and closes early.

Storybook Land Canal Boats closes during the parades, which can be up to 3 times daily during the holidays.

Since Fireworks will be daily, you will find the Monorail will close around 7 PM on days the park closes at 8 PM, as will many Fantasyland attractions, including Peter Pan (which might even stop allowing folks in the queue even earlier). Toowtown will close around 6 PM.

It looks like the Santa Reindeer Round Up will also close around 5 PM.

itig
11-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!

Amybirds
11-10-2005, 10:59 AM
So, if the park closes at 8pm, and fireworks will be at 7:45, most Fantasyland attractions close around 7pm? I'm using Ridemax for my trip next week and don't want to be caught by surprise.
Along these same lines, I read somewhere that Matterhorn doesn't run during fireworks. Anyone know what time they shut it down (if fireworks are at 7:45)?
Thanks!

adriennek
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
If it rains, Tom Sawyer Island may be closed depending on how much it rains and the manager on duty.

Adrienne

Darkbeer
11-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Around 7 PM. More than likely you will have to be in line by then to ride the Monorail. Unknown if they will reopen it after the fireworks, since the park will be officially closed by then.

Toontown usually closes around 2 hours prior to the Fireworks (allowing time for those in line, and to clear the area).

Most Fantasyland attractions (think Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio and Snow White, plus the Carousel and the shops in the castle) close about 45 minutes prior to the Fireworks, the attraction that close are based on wind conditions. They reopen around 10 to 15 minutes after the Fireworks, if the park has not closed.

The Monorail closes around 45 minutes prior to the fireworks, and usually stays shut down for about 20 minutes after the show until the all clear is given after a Fire Dept. Inspection.

Some of the restrooms near the hub can also close due to the fireworks, as can some pathways (usually in high winds).

The Railroad slows down, as trains have to be in certain locations (and not in some places, such as near the Big Thunder Festival Arena). But it does still run, in fact it is used as props during the show (leaving Main Street and Fantasyland) to match up with the Train Whistle in the Fireworks.

Amybirds
11-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Thank you Darkbeer~ that is what I needed to know! :)

DangerMouse
11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
in fact it is used as props during the show (leaving Main Street and Fantasyland) to match up with the Train Whistle in the Fireworks.

Well that's a fun new fact I had never heard before now! :)