PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Have you read the new plot for Pirates of the Caribbean? Heresy.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fjhuerta
11-08-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al110805a.htm

So, here I am, thinking "Good things have to change in order to stay fresh" and thinking about maybe giving this film a break... when...

But as the boats pass by the Jail Scene, Jack Sparrow appears a third and final time on the opposite side of the flume. Here he'll be seen escaping with a bag of treasure as he hums the "Yo Ho" theme song and laughs at his hapless fellow pirates stuck in the jail across the waterway.

WHAT THE F...er... sorry... but... what are these "#$"%& thinking? Wasn't the whole "Pirates" thing accepted in Disneyland because good always triumphs, and the bad guys end up locked??? Do we now have to accept that... wel,, if you read the spoiler.. do we have to accept that kind of thing?

Why don't we turn the Castle into a brothel, while we are at it?

jrad32
11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Isn't Jack the good guy though?

fjhuerta
11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
He's the "good" guy, but he's still a pirate.

And he gets the loot at the end. What kind of lesson is that for all kids?

EchoThree76
11-08-2005, 03:05 PM
One thing you have to remember is that..ITS A MOVIE...ITS FICTION!! If kids are having problems telling the difference between a pirate movie and real life they have many more problems.

fjhuerta
11-08-2005, 03:16 PM
One thing you have to remember is that..ITS A MOVIE...ITS FICTION!! If kids are having problems telling the difference between a pirate movie and real life they have many more problems.
True, but I would never expect Disney would glorify a ->Pirate<- or bad guy in an attraction.

I know the real world is. I don't want Disneyland to be it.

scaeagles
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Isn't the whole Pirates of the Caribbean ride a glorification of pirates? And thievery? And violence? And slavery? And sexism?

So you're upset that Jack will be laughing at the pirates in jail and getting away with the loot?

fjhuerta
11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Isn't the whole Pirates of the Caribbean ride a glorification of pirates? And thievery? And violence? And slavery? And sexism?

Don't get so PC. At the end of the ride the pirates are locked up. Nice ending. If it was up to me, I'd let them chase the girls and drink all they want... as long as they end up being locked up.

Mickey
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Well it's good to do some refurbishments here and then, but what im reading here is that most of the ride will be looking for "Jack " .
Im not very convinced with that... first of all Im not a fan of Mr. Johnny Depp and what I see he will be the first to be happy about the "update" the ride will have.

I vote for pirates to stay as it is. If not then why not update Matterhorn,Snow White, Big Thunder Mountain, and all those rides that only in our imagination we have made those changes , not for real, I think we all love the rides as they are, that's why we became fans didin't we?

Well I don't know, it will be kind of wierd going on the ride and looking at these new characters that have no history in Disneyland at all. Probably they will get popular 50 years from then... in my time naaaaaaaa! I like the ride as it is!

mariogarza
11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I really don't believe all of this.
I'm not questioning lutz, but really I don't believe this. I think this will be a major refub, and the ride will end up with a fresh new audio system, a better control of aoll the ride and shiny and painted new props, but that's all...Think about it, and they do are very careful with rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion or IASM, since they just don't want to mess with the things we know and love, and I highly doubt they would change the plot so dramatically to an E-ticket like Pirates.

I would take all of this just as rumours, and pretty sure that when the ride opens next year, it will look new, but still the same Pirates we know.

DianeM
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Actually, at the end of the ride the last thing I remember is pirates trying to drag/push their booty up the slope at the exit.

Don't get so PC. At the end of the ride the pirates are locked up. Nice ending. If it was up to me, I'd let them chase the girls and drink all they want... as long as they end up being locked up.

prncsmsj
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I absolutely understand wanting things to stay the same, but they do have to update things, especially to keep appealing to younger people. And, can you blame Disney for wanting to capitalize on a movie that theatrically grossed more than $650 million worldwide?

EchoThree76
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
all i gotta say is..revisionist history. Why are we so worried about 'pirates' being PC. Is that the way they were? Of course not! Is the world any better now with all the PC then 30 years ago when PC wasnt heard of?

Noah
11-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I am disgusted that a historical landmark in my opinion a ride crafted and designed by Walt Disney, X Antocino and the many WED engineers and artists is going to be REVISED and changed to match a hollywood movie story line. This is disgusting. I have already had enough of all the Pixar themed rides and characters but please how dare they change a ride which is really a historical landmark as far as Dark rides and audio animatronics go. I am very depressed right now and only hope and pray that Disney does not rewrite the most famous and classic Disney attraction to tie in with some lame movie. :( This has gone too far. Disneyland is just Hollywood/money land now as far as I am concerned. The soul is departing the lamp in the apartment above main street is growing dimmer. When will this madness end, BUILD A NEW RIDE don't rewrite history by altering a landmark attraction.

Matt Hamand
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Actually, at the end of the ride the last thing I remember is pirates trying to drag/push their booty up the slope at the exit.
Yeah. In fact, aren't the only pirates that are locked up the ones trying to get the keys from the dog?

melmel
11-08-2005, 07:53 PM

They stole this from WDW.... this isn't an original Disneyland Pirate.

Although I don't know how this helps/hruts the argument.

etixnostalgia
11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Seven hits of L
and nobody could tell
So I spent every dime
just to get to Anaheim

I was in the Magic Kingdom
Now I'm in the Caribbean
You get something really wicked
when you spend an E-ticket

High adventure on the sea,
but it's not the life for me
Now those hairy tatooed pirates are all chasing after me
I was threatened with a knife by a pirate playing fife
Now I'm sailing for my life thanks to LSD 25

Where can I hide?
I don't want to buy a bride
I'm alone as I float
Hey, there were others in my boat

Up ahead, one of the men
he said he would be my friend
He'd guide me to the hole
If I deeded him my soul

To the hole I didn't make it
That doesn't mean he didn't take it
He laughed at my plight
He said you'll be one of us tonight

High adventure on the sea,
but it's not the life for me
Now those hairy tatooed pirates are all chasing after me
I was threatened with a knife by a pirate playing fife
Now I'm sailing for my life thanks to LSD 25

He was right, I'm still here
as I have been, for over a year
With my last bit of hope,
a tin can and rope
I just want to break free

But I can't get away
No I can't get away
cause that damn dog's got the key
No one listens as I tell
of my ordeal in this cell

They stand right by
but they don't fell
Is this for real?
Is this for real!

DianeM
11-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Most of the pirates in POTC seem to be having a pretty good time, carousing and such. So what? They're pirates. Kids love playing pirate, and cops and robbers (and you can bet they enjoy being the robbers as much as the cops), and imitating other nepharious characters. This isn't real life. We all know that in the real world, pirates hurt a lot of people. But in fantasy world, they were just fun-loving scalliwags. DL is fantasy. If we're going to start being critical, then we should really talk about how Alice imbibes mysterious substances to make her change size, and perhaps ask some serious questions about "pixie dust" that can make you fly. While we're at it... doesn't the haunted mansion sort of celebrate the occult, and, well, Belle falling in love with a "Beast" realy sends the wrong message about human/animal relations.

LOL. When you go to DL you have to forget the rules of adulthood and think like a child. Innocent, trusting, even a bit naive. It's nice not being a cynical adult for a while. Let's just let pirates be fun-loving scalliwags. We'll be back in the real world, with real pirates, soon enough.

They stole this from WDW.... this isn't an original Disneyland Pirate.

Although I don't know how this helps/hruts the argument.

TowerofTerror
11-08-2005, 09:31 PM
wow sound very exciting i liked that article alot they had on Miceage

SandraVB79
11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Aren't you excited they are changing something in Disneyland, so that one of the next times you go, you see something else??? I have read the article on Miceage, and it seems to me, they are not completely changing the ride into a movie-ride, they are updating the audio-system, with some new dialog, and they add some props that remind the movie, and they add 3 Jack Sparrows. Oh, and they add extra Pixie Dust, because apparantly, you will not only hear the canonballs, and see them "fall" into the water, you'll feel them flying around your ears! (I hope it's better than the spears at the Indy-ride, lol!)

Yes, it's a classic ride at DL, but aren't Haunted Mansion and IASM classic rides too? And so many people like the holiday layovers!
I personally think it's a sad story they change the classic Hounted Mansion ride into a long commercial for TNBC-merchandise, but many of you like it, no?

Don't worry too much, it won't be so bad!!!!

Oh, and another example where Disney is telling some "weird" stories: Snow White, as a virgin, living with 7 single (short) men? Without "chaperone"?? ;)

geoffa
11-09-2005, 01:43 AM
True, but I would never expect Disney would glorify a ->Pirate<- or bad guy in an attraction.

I know the real world is. I don't want Disneyland to be it.

I don't think anything is being glorified. That's what pirates do (or at least they did before the PC brigade kicked in). There was a time when some folk objected to the auction scene and were demanding it be removed. I just love how people try to re-write history and the past.
Jack Sparrow is a wag and one of the best characters to come from Disney in a long time - although his creation owes more to Johnny Depp than Disney in essence. Disneyland is escapism - so it's not real as such. Accept it for what it is and go with the flow - surely parents can explain that Jack is being "naughty" and haven't we seen this acted out in a million films and on TV? If a child doesn't know the difference between right and wrong (and sadly there are many who don't) then maybe we should all escape into a dreamland!:) :)

Another Dimension
11-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Seven hits of L
and nobody could tell
So I spent every dime
just to get to Anaheim....

YAARRR! to you, ye scurvy Vandal! :D :D

KJSJpipe
11-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Funny I read the same/similar rumor on the WDW forum last year. Just got back a week ago, and rode the PoC probably at least 5 times...still no changes.

Pat-n-Eil
11-09-2005, 07:18 AM
What about those pirates on the left, dragging their bag of booty with them up the stairs after the gunfight scene? Aren't those guys getting away with some treasure?

I don't see the new improvements as anything but an update to keep up with a popular movie based on the attraction.

GrumpyUTboi
11-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Wow, some angry customers here.

Disney Village
11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
If they add a Keira Knightley's animatronic to the auction, then I'm fine with any changes. (forget the Redhead...we want Keira!, we want Keira!)