PDA

View Full Version : FastPass and network

Mr.Bear
11-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Last Thanksgiving I went to "the" ride and got a fast pass. Is this network thing I hear about different or new?
Please educate me.:~D

Dexter
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Last Thanksgiving I went to "the" ride and got a fast pass. Is this network thing I hear about different or new?
Please educate me.:~D

pssst. If you want us to help you, you need to provide a little more detail than you've presented us with.

stan4d_steph
11-08-2005, 11:28 AM
The network prevents you from holding multiple fastpasses. The rides are linked to one another, so you can't get a fastpass for Space Mountain and then immediately go over to get one for BTMRR. There are a few attractions that are not in the network, allowing you to hold a fastpass for that attraction and then one for another in the network.

Bolivar
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Can I ask which ones are not on the network at each park?

DangerMouse
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Can I ask which ones are not on the network at each park?

GRR at DCA
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin at DL

Those are the only two unnetworked rides currently.

Doug
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
FYI, if you get a FP at Disneyland, you can go right over to DCA and get another FP .... which I have always heard you can do, but, until yesterday, never was able to test.... verified this yesterday, got a FP for Space, walked over to DCA, got a FP for Screamin, no delay between the two.... So the two parks would appear to be seperate....

meandthree
11-08-2005, 03:39 PM
If all of the rides are networked, how can AAA give you the multiple fast pass option?

HydroGuy
11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
FYI, if you get a FP at Disneyland, you can go right over to DCA and get another FP .... which I have always heard you can do, but, until yesterday, never was able to test.... verified this yesterday, got a FP for Space, walked over to DCA, got a FP for Screamin, no delay between the two.... So the two parks would appear to be seperate....You are correct. DCA and DL FPs are independent.

Moreover, if you are with a group, once you enter DL or DCA, the entrance media are initialized for both parks. So what does this mean? It means that if the group enters DL in the morning, a runner can take the entrance media to DCA later that day and get FPs for everyone in the group, even though no one in the group has actually entered DCA. And it works the other direction as well.

HydroGuy
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
If all of the rides are networked, how can AAA give you the multiple fast pass option?There is a special feature on the ticket bar code/mag strip that the DLR FP system recognizes and allows "Enhanced FP" behavior such that all FP rides are treated as if they were not networked.

meandthree
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Wow on a busy day that would definitely be a plus

Bolivar
11-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh man. I am staying at the Disneyland Hotel December 3-7, but booked it through Disney. I am a AAA member. Is there any way to take advantage of this or am I SOL now?

Darkbeer
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh man. I am staying at the Disneyland Hotel December 3-7, but booked it through Disney. I am a AAA member. Is there any way to take advantage of this or am I SOL now?

Your SOL, unless you can get the original reservation cancelled, and a new AAA package booked.

Since the AAA packages are really just WDTC packages with a different name, I would contact an AAA travel agent and see if they can change the package. You might also find out you will pay a bit less, depending on what you booked....

Bolivar
11-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I want to do that. When I booked this, the hotel was full on December 3 so I just booked the 4th through the 7th. I paid extra for a view and requested Sierra tower above the sixth floor on the park side. They took that request but I didn't have much confidence it was taken all that seriously -- I'll just get whatever they have when I check in, the request means nothing is my assumption. I kept calling back to see if I could get a room for December 3. I finally got someone really helpful and this time it sounded like she really did something to get that request held in some way. She also got me a room for the third, it cost a fortune, but I have it. Now that room is a separate booking, so I have one booking for December 4-7 and another for December 3. So conceivably I could cancel the December 4-7 booking and rebook that, but I am afraid of losing the room. But, maybe that is tied to the December 3 booking?

I'll have to think about this.

Bolivar
11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I just checked, the Disneyland Hotel is booked all the nights of my trip, the Grand Californian all but one night, and Pardise Pier all nights. So, canceling and rebooking looks to be out. And it looks like the park will be crowded. I thought it wouldn't be on those dates. Ok I thought Sunday might be, but Monday and Tuesday? I really do need the special tickets now. It is going to bug me the whole trip. Everytime I can't get another fastpass I'll be thinking, "if only I'd booked through AAA."

going2disneyAZ
11-09-2005, 04:22 AM
I just go my AAA package in the mail, 2 nights at GCH and 2 day parkhoppers. The parkhoppers do not have anything on them that indicates AAA or Enhanced Fastpass. Does that sound right? Is it JUST the barcode that is "special"?

HydroGuy
11-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Note that some people get creative with the AAA Enhanced FP. I think you are required to stay at least two nights at a DLR hotel. So they buy like a 5 day parkhopper and stay at a DLR hotel for 2 nights, then stay somewhere else cheaper on the other nights.

IMO, if you are the type of person who gets to the park early anyways, the AAA Enhanced FP is overrated. You can get all the FastPasses you need if you get there early enough. If you are already planning to stay at a DLR hotel, by all means book through AAA and get the EFP. But if you decide to pay extra to stay at a DLR hotel just to get the EFP, I do not think it is worth it. My two cents...

Pat-n-Eil
11-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I just go my AAA package in the mail, 2 nights at GCH and 2 day parkhoppers. The parkhoppers do not have anything on them that indicates AAA or Enhanced Fastpass. Does that sound right? Is it JUST the barcode that is "special"?

No, the passports look the same, but when you get a FastPass, it will have "Exclusive AAA enhanced FastPass" or similar wording on the FastPass itself.