PDA

View Full Version : Wow... DLR Dead 11-7-05!

Doug
11-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I was just in DLR yesterday, I was very happy to see the lack of people there... for example, Indiana had a posted 15 minute wait time all day! HM was 5 all day! I did not notice the Splash wait, as I used a FP, Space have no more than 20 mins (that I noticed) .... amazing... GRR in DCA was a 5 minute wait, I got a FP for Screamin' but when I went back (after lunch), the darn thing broke down! Anyone know if they ever got it back up? it was simple a sensor issue on the take off (I have many pics if anyone cars to see), a manager looking guy said they would be back up in 20 mins when a guest yelled out "when will it be back up?!" .... I watched them for an hour, until it looked like they where about to finish (replacing *1* sensor), then I watched as they moved over to the one next to it! How slow can you be! I do not know if it ever opened again, as, by this time it was about 2:30pm ... and I think the park closed at 6pm.... so, anyone know?

nursemelis374
11-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, it wasn't bad last night either. Space was 25 minutes at 7:15.

Skunker
11-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Wow, I would have loved those lines about a month ago when we were there and it was incredibly busy.

momtotwins
11-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the update! I was just coming to post a question about crowd levels, and voila', you've already answered my questions.

And, excellent news! I'm going to be there next week, and I was hoping the crowds would drop off a bit from October levels.

Uncle Remus
11-08-2005, 11:55 AM
who murdered Disneyland?

maryjeane
11-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Thank you so much for letting us know this. We will be there all next week with our 5 kids - so good to know it's quieted down a bit!! I was getting worried after the October crowds.

Mac_gurl
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
We just got back, and was there November 1 - 4. The crowds were very low. We went every morning first thing, and the two of us were able to walk on to EVERY ride. We got our own Splash boat, and pirates boat. Very nice for a change!!!

Doug
11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Bummer about Pirates, I asked for the front and they said "nope!" I asked why not, they said because the boat has to be ballanced.... no one could sit in the very front or very back because they hardly had any one in the park!

maryjeane
11-08-2005, 02:18 PM
This is sounding better all the time. Since we're a family of 7 our own Pirates boat, Splash boat and even IASW boat sounds wonderful!! I've had these visions of us having to split up or wait or be crammed so I'm very happy to read this!!

MermaidHair
11-08-2005, 03:10 PM
We got our own Splash boat, and pirates boat. Very nice for a change!!!

Reminds me of a story my sis told me. She went on Pirates last January by herself (she and her DH were doing parent switch). She had a boat to herself AND there was no one in the boat in front of her OR behind her. She said it was definitely a bit spooky!

HorizonsA
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I hope it's like this on Wednesday the 9th.

Wesley815
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
...then I watched as they moved over to the one next to it! How slow can you be!Well since you are a tech. expert on the issue and seem to know for a fact they were moving too slow, and that repair should have been done much faster... please explain how (in great detail) they could do it quicker?

I can't believe you'd have such an attitude like that! Do you care about safety at all? And do you *really* know the exact problem? You must. :rolleyes:

disneyhound
11-09-2005, 04:47 AM
who murdered Disneyland?

Mr White, in the Library, with the lead pipe...;)

Doug
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, I am a tech guy ;) ... but watching them, they where really going at a slow pace, talking, etc .... looks like all they where out to do was change the two sensors ... oh well...

Well since you are a tech. expert on the issue and seem to know for a fact they were moving too slow, and that repair should have been done much faster... please explain how (in great detail) they could do it quicker?

I can't believe you'd have such an attitude like that! Do you care about safety at all? And do you *really* know the exact problem? You must. :rolleyes:

MsYumiBr
11-10-2005, 11:16 AM
They forecast a little rain and *boom* the park empties. I can even get reservations this weekend. Yay!

hippiemama
11-10-2005, 04:12 PM
we were there friday the 4th and saturday the 5th and the mornings were lovely and really not crowded at all. Evenings got a bit crowded for us, but we're not nighttime in the park people anyway with little ones

:)

MsYumiBr
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
I retract my last post about having reservations. I called back after discussing it with my husband, and they were booked. I talked with someone else just now and they have been booked for weeks. It's a different story each time I call. So, please disregard being able to get reservations for this weekend. The moral of this lesson, book first, ask later. lol.

DISNEYfied
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I went on Space twice because the wait said 45 mins at 7 but it was really more of a 10-15 min wait. I loved that I could take nice pictures of the castle without the million heads walking by. :~D