PDA

View Full Version : Is riderefurbs fairly accurate?

jasonpbyu
11-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Just curious how reliable the guys over at www.riderefurbs.com are on their refurb schedule. they have haunted mansion being closed from mid Jan to early Mar but i dont see this on the refurb schedule on the park updates. i'm really hoping they are wrong as it was closed last January when i was there with my kids and we're returning in early february 06.

I tried emailing the address listed on the site but it came back returned to sender, however the site says it was updated as recently as last week.

disneyland.com does not have anything listed for Jan or Feb so it is too early to tell, so if anyone has some insight, it would be appreciated.

thanks!

Chris Lang
11-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Just curious how reliable the guys over at www.riderefurbs.com are on their refurb schedule. they have haunted mansion being closed from mid Jan to early Mar but i dont see this on the refurb schedule on the park updates. i'm really hoping they are wrong as it was closed last January when i was there with my kids and we're returning in early february 06.

I tried emailing the address listed on the site but it came back returned to sender, however the site says it was updated as recently as last week.

disneyland.com does not have anything listed for Jan or Feb so it is too early to tell, so if anyone has some insight, it would be appreciated.

thanks!

Haunted Mansion NEEDS to be closed during that time period to remove the holiday overlay.

jasonpbyu
11-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Haunted Mansion NEEDS to be closed during that time period to remove the holiday overlay.

for 6 to 7 weeks it NEEDS to be closed? Last year it went down the first week of January for like 3 weeks. seeing it listed for nearly 2 months and not closing until towards the end of January is not just for the holiday overlay.

Chris Lang
11-07-2005, 09:10 PM
for 6 to 7 weeks it NEEDS to be closed? Last year it went down the first week of January for like 3 weeks. seeing it listed for nearly 2 months and not closing until towards the end of January is not just for the holiday overlay.

Usually these "unofficial" schedules are correct, at least correct at the time they are posted. Things change, but until Disney officially announces some official refurb dates, you should probably plan on the Mansion being closed.

TowerofTerror
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
It`s usually very reliable the refurb schedule.

disneyhound
11-08-2005, 05:15 AM
It`s usually very reliable the refurb schedule.

Second that.

Darkbeer
11-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I just checked, and it looks like Haunted Mansion will be down until March 5th. They plan to do some refurb work, along with the removal of the overlay.

The work should be done on time, as it is scheduled to open the day that the Pirates of the Caribbean clsoing for the big make over (scheduled to reopen on June 22nd).

This also matches up with the VMK tour handouts, they switched the tour from HMH to Pirates to avoid the closures and larger crowds (plus the HM in-tour quest was based on the original version), the Pirates quest says in the find print it would be offered thru March 5th, matching up with the refurb dates.

HydroGuy
11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I just checked, and it looks like Haunted Mansion will be down until March 5th. They plan to do some refurb work, along with the removal of the overlay.

The work should be done on time, as it is scheduled to open the day that the Pirates of the Caribbean clsoing for the big make over (scheduled to reopen on June 22nd).My first read sure got my attention. I thought you meant it went down and will not be back up until March 5. What you meant, of course, was that when it goes down in Jan it will be down until March 5.

tstan70
11-09-2005, 06:40 AM

thanks!

Disneyland.com has part of the schedule up for February (includes opperating hours and refurbs, but does not show parades and entertainment)

here is the link for President's day - Feb. 20 calendar (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20060220)

The Haunted mansion is shown to still be down for refurb at that time