PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Seatin' - Top Row?

mkcbunny
11-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Helleaugh,

Can anyone tell me:
On Soarin' over California, which row[s] should we try to get into if we want to sit at the top once the ride gets going? My friend hates seeing dangling feet on the ride. :)

Thanks

DangerMouse
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Front row, center is THEE best. You want to be in row 1. You can request to be in the front when they are placing you in the rows before they let you in. You may have to wait an extra flight, but it's worth it.

SeattleRedBear
11-07-2005, 06:58 PM
I agree. After several rides, we finally got row one and it does improve the experience not to have people feet and legs dangling above you.

mkcbunny
11-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. "Row 1." Couldn't be any easier to remember than that!

ETA: I love this place. Post a question and get an answer in 10 minutes! :)

MammaSilva
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
If you ask especially nicely and don't mind waiting you can ask for B flight row 1 and that is the center 'flight' and the most awesome of all the seating...

Disneymomma
11-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Good to know!!
So the front row...
When you get there, is there 3 rows to pick from?
And you want the front one?
So they lift up, and the front one goes to the top, the middle one to the midde, and the back row to the bottom?
Thanks!

Pirate Princess
11-07-2005, 10:52 PM
It's funny because the first time I rode Soarin' (in May) I got the best seat and, since I wasn't really paying attention, I didn't realize where the rows and rows of people went since I couldn't see them below me (also due to the realism I was afraid to hang my head too far out!) The next time I rode it I could see people's feet dangling and it ruined a bit of the experience. I would totally recommend that if you haven't been on the ride do it right the first time!!!
Just to let you know how realistic the ride is, when we first started going a random girl (12?) seated next to me instinctively grabbed my hand and I gripped hers. We both laughed.

minniemom
11-08-2005, 06:38 AM
I always ask to be in row 1, section b. Sometimes we wait for the next "flight" but I think it is worth it!

nvmom
11-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Or you could be a total chicken like me the first time my dd and I went on Soarin' and be the only people to ask for the bottom row so that you can see dangling feet!! The nice people in line ahead of us actually suggested that, since they could see we were obviously nervous. :)

nvmom

Tinkermommy
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
When we ask on Soarin', we always phrase it like this: "Is it okay if we wait for Row One?" They seem to appreciate the fact that we're willing to wait for it, and usually send us straight to the next available Row One while they fill Rows two and three.

On Indiana Jones, on the other hand, I always say, "Is it okay if we wait for the driver's seat?" (I'm always with my little girl, who loves to hang on to the steering wheel.) For some reason, this seems to annoy the CMs. They usually send us to a waiting area, where we stay -- even while they board other parties of two in Row One. I can live with that, but almost every time, they then position us in line so that the party who will share Row One with us will have the driver's seat, and I have to ask the people if they'd mind if my daughter "drives."

I've never been able to figure out why this is such a problem for the CMs. I don't mind the wait at all, but I do feel like they're "punishing" us for making the request, and I hate having to ask other riders if they'd mind switching with us. IJ is her favorite ride, so we go on it at least once every visit. I'd estimate this happens on 90 percent of our visits. I swear -- we ask nicely, and we never complain. Go figure...

TowerofTerror
11-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Get Bravo Rowe one and and sit in seat 4 and 5 and you will be in the dead center of the screen

Pat-n-Eil
11-09-2005, 07:20 AM
If you ask especially nicely and don't mind waiting you can ask for B flight row 1 and that is the center 'flight' and the most awesome of all the seating...

I second this.. we've asked for B1 several times.. and we're glad to wait another go 'round for it.

mkcbunny
11-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Thank you all so much. We leave Friday!!! Yippee!!