PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Saturday, Nov.5th, 2005

Vlyger
11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Saturday, November 5th.

First visit to the park in two years. Looked great for the 50th anniversary.

Arrived at Disneyland Park around 9 AM and left 15 minutes after midnight. Surprised it wasn't as crowded as I had expected for a Saturday.

Didn't have to stand in line to buy tickets because I purchased them through that Blizzcon offer last month. Tickets worked very well.

Went on the following attractions:
-Haunted Mansion Holiday (5 times)
-Indiana Jones Adventure (3 times)
-Star Tours (3 times)
-Buzz Lightyear (twice)
-Mr. Toad (twice)
-Alice In Wonderland
-Snow White
-Pinocchio
-King Arthur Carrousel
-Casey Jr. Circus Train
-Roger Rabbit
-Winnie The Pooh
-Autopia
-Matterhorn
-Jungle Cruise
-Pirates Of Caribbean
-Disneyland Railroad (from Tomorrowland to Toontown)
-and that 3-D film starring Rick Moranis and Eric Idle

Forgot to watch the short film about the history of Disneyland hosted by Steve Martin. Major bummer.

Haunted Mansion Holiday, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Star Tours are my favorites. Even though Star Tours may be totally (like totally) outdated, I never get bored of it. I love the '80s....3-D.

Noticed there were many (and I mean many) older women wearing purple clothing and red hats during the daytime at the park. They seemed to disappear at dusk. Sat next to a couple of them on the Jungle Cruise.

Speaking of the Jungle Cruise, I enjoyed the "jumping school of fish" near the end of the ride. Is that a recent addition? I don't remember ever seeing them before. Nice effect.

The Buzz Lightyear ride wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. I enjoyed it enough that I had to ride it again. The first time though I was unaware that the vehicles could spin. The second time I was spinning like crazy, especially though the tunnel with the soaring stars.

I understand WDW offers a fastpass option for their Peter Pan ride. I wish Disneyland would do the same for this Peter Pan.

Speaking of which, I wanted to go on Peter Pan, but that line is always crowded. So, I went on Mr. Toad a second time to check out the Dragon at the very end of the ride. Couldn't get a decent photo though. I love dragons.

While riding Casey Jr. Circus Train around 4 PM, I saw an orange striped cat walking on the hills of Storybook Land behind what I believe was the chapel/church. It was a surreal sight, or should I say a purr-real sight. Has anyone else ever noticed cats or rodents wandering in Storybook Land?

There was a young brunette female castmember that caught my attention. She was operating the King Arthur Carrousel around 8:30 PM. She had a very high squeaky voice, and she was pretty cute too. Does anyone know who i am referring to? Miss Squeaky is what I call her..................I mean that in a good way. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Toooooooooo cute. I forgot to check out her name on her name tag because I was caught in her trance. That voice can possibly shatter glass. Is it live, or is it Memorex?

I thought the Fantasyland track of the Matterhorn was supposed to be less rougher than the Tomorrowland track. I rode the Fantasyland track and it was pretty rough. I was sliding all over the place. Feeling pretty sore, but it was all good.

One bad point, though. I was riding Autopia and I must have been driving a defective car. I put the pedal to the "metal" and the car was driving slowly. I was holding up traffic. The castmember standing on the island during the middle of the ride told me to step all the way down on the pedal. It was all the way down!!!!! My foot was beginning to hurt and I felt as if I was being harassed. At the end of the ride I swore i would never, ever, ride the Autopia again. Not a fan of the current Autopia sponsored by Chevron anyway. Loved the old Fantasyland Autopia (pre-2000). By the way, I use Union 76 gasoline, not Chevron. So hooty-hoo-hoo, you fooo!

All in all (besides Autopia) a great day. Hoping to return next year after Halloween. Thanks!

hotshot
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the report... but I have just one question-
No Space Mountain????:eek:

hippiemama
11-07-2005, 06:39 PM
lol. we don't do space mountain either. sounds like a great day :)
Maybe you saw us? I was the mom wearing minnie mouse ears with a boy and girl wearing mickey mouse ears in the huge jeep stroller smiling BIG

we took the folks advice here and got in line for peter pan first thing after riding dumbo twice - got in and out fairly quickly and even got to meet peter at the end

and yes, we noticed the pirannas on the jungle cruise ride too - we've not been in 9 years tho so alot was new to us

:)

Vlyger
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the report... but I have just one question-
No Space Mountain????:eek:

In all the times I have been to Disneyland (over 20), I have never been on Space Mountain. I'm not afraid to admit it, but I'm a coward :fez:. That's why I don't go on the Tomorrowland track on the Matterhorn. I'd get bumped up even more.

Vlyger
11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
lol. we don't do space mountain either. sounds like a great day :)
Maybe you saw us? I was the mom wearing minnie mouse ears with a boy and girl wearing mickey mouse ears in the huge jeep stroller smiling BIG

we took the folks advice here and got in line for peter pan first thing after riding dumbo twice - got in and out fairly quickly and even got to meet peter at the end

and yes, we noticed the pirannas on the jungle cruise ride too - we've not been in 9 years tho so alot was new to us

:)

Ahhhhh, I get it now. Those were pirannas trying to "attack" to boat. Thanks! I got splashed a little during that segment.

9 years. A lot has changed. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

SarahShep
11-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Noticed there were many (and I mean many) older women wearing purple clothing and red hats during the daytime at the park. They seemed to disappear at dusk. Sat next to a couple of them on the Jungle Cruise.

That's the Red Hat Society. You can read more about them, how to become a member and what they do at the link below. There are lots of groups in most cities. One of the groups in my city comes shopping at my store in the morning sometimes.

http://www.redhatsociety.com

Vlyger
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I forgot to mention the Fireworks. I enjoyed watching the video being projected off the front of It's A Small World. The video showcasing attractions old and new.

Crazy4DL
11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I enjoyed your report Vlyger :D Thanks for taking the time to write it. Glad you had a good time.

Vlyger
11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I was kind of disappointed in the miniature Abominable Snowman in the popcorn machine next to the Matterhorn. I wanted to see the little guy hard at work, but I guess he was broken. Just a sad sight seeing him in there motionless :crying: .

Oh, well. At least I was fortunate to see the mini Rocketeer working in a machine in Tomorrowland :) .