PDA

View Full Version : Sadness! (Cancelled trip)

kimmer e7
11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
:crying:

Our trip was to begin this Thursday, Nov 10 and end around Nov.25/05 We were to be in Disneyland Nov. 14-21.

Our 2 year old son fell on the weekend and he will be in hospital in traction for the next 2-3 weeks and then will be in a full body cast for the next 6-8 weeks. By then I will be to pregnant to travel as we are expecting Early March 2006.

Thank Goodness our DS is ok, but I needed a moment of Feel sorry for myself and shake it off! Thanks for listening!!!

hlbtimes2
11-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh dang it! That is horrible. You have every right to be upset and feeling sorry for yourself right now. Not only a child in the hospital, but a canceled Disney trip- that is just the worst.

Sending get well wishes to the little one! I hope he recovers quickly.

Alice Fan
11-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh, Kimmer, how sad! Thankfully your son will be OK and they'll be other trips to DL...but I do feel bad for your postponement...best wishes and good luck to you!!!

Crazy4DL
11-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh my gosh! So sorry about your little ones fall. Glad he will be on the mend. Very sorry that to compound the upset is a postponed trip to Disneyland. :(

(((hugs)))

passthepixiedust
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Kimmer,

How terrible ! I know how excited you were too. But just think, you can save your DL money, add it to next years vacation money and stay TWO weeks ! AND you won't (as far as I know) be pregnant, so you can baby switch with hubby and ride all the big rides ! Not that that is much consolation, but I'm trying to stay positive here....

All the best to you and your family,

Tracy.

mickeynminnie
11-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery. My 2 year old had a bad fall earlier this year and was in a half body cast, so I can empathize with what you must be experiencing. :crying: The good news is that at this age, they heal much more quickly than you can imagine.

After my DS woke up after having to be put under to have the cast put on, he looked at me and said "Mama, I'm stuck", all I could say is that he was just like Pooh Bear and would have to wait to be unstuck just like Pooh did.

If he's up to it, I would suggest buying one of those large Radio Flyer wagons to take him for walks after he is comfortable in the cast. This was the only way we could take DS out when he was in his cast.

Sending lots of Mickey hugs to you and your little one in these difficult times.

JP1
11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
So Sorry...but remember, your trip is not cancelled - it's only postponed.

audibleatom
11-08-2005, 10:01 AM
So Sorry...but remember, your trip is not cancelled - it's only postponed.

by far the best way to look at it

disneyhound
11-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Glad to here your little one is going to be OK. Sorry about your trip! Did you pre-pay anything, are you able to get a refund?

TTFN92
11-08-2005, 07:54 PM
How awful :( ! I hope your DS will be o.k. That seems like an overwhelming task, but you do what you have to do. I'm sorry about your trip. Hopefully you'll get to go back soon. And remember, babies can go to Dis. I took my oldest when he was 3 months. I have friends who think this is unthinkable, but it never was a big deal to us. Quick healing vibes to your DS.

DianeM
11-08-2005, 08:53 PM
It sounds as if you have your priorities in order. I'm sorry you're going to have to miss out on this trip. Keep in mind, though, that travelling at DL with an infant is not particularly hard. We went with my brother and SIL when their 2nd son was about 5 months old. I thought it would be a challenge, but it was terrific. The younger son somehow got caught up in the disney magic, even though he didn't understand it, and the 3 yo and the rest of us all had a ball riding rides and going to shows. Grandma travelled with us and stayed with the baby and 3 yo, allowing all of the other adults to ride the "big rides". As an alternative, if you don't have a grandma who doesn't like roller coasters handy, there are various services that provide babysitting, so you and hubby can take some grown up time.

Meanwhile, hang tight and keep your positive attitude. I'm very glad your son is expected to make a full recovery :-)

:
Thank Goodness our DS is ok, but I needed a moment of Feel sorry for myself and shake it off! Thanks for listening!!!

TowerofTerror
11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Well sorry but hope your son is okay. I guess your trip can be postponed for awhile. I Hope when you go you all have a good time.

samkj
11-09-2005, 06:08 AM
((((HUGS)))) I know how it feels to make the call canceling your DL trip! We had to do the same thing 3 years ago (I was the one who needed surgery and follow up treatment, though not the kids) It took 14 months to reschedule our vacation, but when we finally went it was incredible! We did the Fantasmic ballcony and my daughter's birthday party. It was a wonderful trip made extra special because of the long wait.

I hope your son is healed soon!

kimmer e7
11-11-2005, 09:05 AM
THANK YOU all for your kind wishes!

Most everything has been cancelled without penalty, except our Passports as we bought thru CAA and they expire Jan.2006. When I have more than a few minutes to be on the computer I will see what we can do about that as CAA is being less than helpful!!!

Thanks again!

Disney Vault
11-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Hope your son is doing well. But think of it this way, now when you go on your next trip there will be more updates at the resort. The Monsters inc ride will be open. And depending how long you wait you could also see rockit mountain, the new ToT drop sequence, and the updated potc.