PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Veterans day?

BQ2
11-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Noah is off from school and we are thinking of making a speed run up to DL for the day. I realize all other kids are off school too, I realize it is the day of the tree un-veiling. I was just wondering how crowded will it be ? Given that is is a Friday?

Like any sunday?

Like any Saturday?

Thanks in advance!!

Bill & Noah

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/BQ2/space101805.jpg

Wendi
11-06-2005, 07:28 AM
I can't give you a concrete answer, but I'll be there, I'm expecting crowds... hopefully not too bad though. I'm glad we'll be there M-F so we can get everything done before Friday and can just chill with the crowds. I'm also kind of hoping that they'll do a sneak preview of the fireworks with snow on Thursday (they did it that way last year and only announced it to Disney resort hotel guests). There were no crowds for fireworks that night and it also gave us the opportunity to see them from two different places.

Darkbeer
11-06-2005, 08:09 AM
I would say BUSIER than any Saturday...

A Legal Holiday, 22,000 folks coming into town for a Cheerleader Convention, the start of the Christmas Holiday season at the DLR....

Be Prepared....

hlbtimes2
11-06-2005, 08:51 AM
(sort of a thread drift) Our friend, is taking his kids and girlfriend for a first time visit, next weekend. I'm pretty sure NONE of them have been there before, but I'm not 100% sure on the girlfriend. I feel bad for him, he should have listened to me. I tried to give him some tips as to when to go, where to stay, etc. He didnt listen to me AT ALL. Now he's going to be there on Friday and Saturday, with huge crowds and he opted for a hotel 2 miles away. Hopefully he'll still have an enjoyable first trip.

ILovePoker
11-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Expect LOW crowds. Veterans Day is one of the least busiest days of the year. Splash Mountain at maximum has a 3 minute wait. Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion Holiday are both walk ons. The Matterhorn might not even be running since their will be hardly anyone in the park, so be sure to ride it. Just take your time because hardly anyone is ever in the park on Veteran's Day, have a great trip. :D

BQ2
11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I would say BUSIER than any Saturday...

A Legal Holiday, 22,000 folks coming into town for a Cheerleader Convention, the start of the Christmas Holiday season at the DLR....

Be Prepared....

Thanks for Your input DB. I knew you would come thru for me ;)
I think we will just wait and go Wednesday the 16th as planned :D