PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Dreams [music] [merged]

Surfingstitch
11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Anyone know if the music for this parade if availible for sale?

mariogarza
11-06-2005, 12:28 AM
as far as I know it isn't, and haven't heard anything about a release...maybe later

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately, it isn't... :(

The fireworks-music is on the 6th CD of the special Disneyland-CD set, and on the 50th aniversary doubleCD...

geoffa
11-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone know if the music for this parade if availible for sale?

The nearest you'll get is the "Welcome" track from the Brother Bear album or
buy the Dvd from Window to the Magic. It features video of the parade and the music. S

http://www.windowtothemagic.com/WttM_DVD_Hub.html

:)

stan4d_steph
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
As stated in previous threads, there are no plans to release the parade music.

Surfingstitch
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all of the info.

I missed the other thread with the parade of dreams.

Thanks again for the link.

SandraVB79
11-10-2005, 12:00 AM
As stated in previous threads, there are no plans to release the parade music.

Imagine it would become a hit-seller, and Disney would make some money out of it...

Sometimes I really wonder what genies they hired in their merchandise-department....

stan4d_steph
11-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Imagine it would become a hit-seller, and Disney would make some money out of it...

Sometimes I really wonder what genies they hired in their merchandise-department....Why? Parade music is mostly repetitive and the Parade of Dreams music is mainly culled from the different movies that the floats are modeled on. I could see them putting the original music portion on a resort compilation CD, since that would be a lot shorter.

SandraVB79
11-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Many Parades have had their music on CDs.

I have at home:
- Fantillusion
- That "all around the world" parade
- 25th anniversary of WDW parade
- Spectromagic
- 3pm parade of DLP
- etc etc etc

Yes, many of them is bits and pieces of different Disney-songs, but mixed well-together. I really like it, and many other people too, otherwise, those single-CDs with Parade-music wouldn't sell so well at DLP.

It's like Fantasmic!. That is also a copy-and-paste example of Disney-songs, but they sell it on CD.

AVP
11-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Many Parades have had their music on CDs....
I really like it, and many other people too, otherwise, those single-CDs with Parade-music wouldn't sell so well at DLP. I agree with you. Park music CDs are such an obvious opportunity that I can't understand why Disneyland, and to a lesser degree Walt Disney World, hasn't exploited the heck out of the concept. I'm frequently in the 20th Century Music Shop at Disneyland, and they get a ton of requests for a CD of the just parade music, or just the fireworks music, or the Main Street Music loop.

Disneyland Paris offers a good selection of park music, and I joke that Tokyo Disneyland would offer a CD of someone sneezing if they could get a microphone there in time. The big difference seems to be that the Paris and Tokyo parks offer shorter CDs or CD singles of just one parade or show, where Disneyland and WDW seem to want to hold everything up for one big release.

They also have really poor timing when it comes to releasing CDs - the Haunted Mansion Holiday CD was delayed a year? (or was it 2?) The "Wishes" CD from WDW came out months after the show opened, Cinderellabration was released a little faster, but I have to wonder if that wasn't because the show itself came from Tokyo and there had already been a CD released there.

It seems that they should be able to get the CDs onto shelves faster, EVEN IF it's only through the CD on Demand system. I understand that they may still tweak music until just before the show is presented, but the beauty of the CD on Demand system is that they can upload the music and have it available for sale within minutes.

But all parks have their merchandising blind spots - let me know when Disneyland Paris starts selling Attraction Posters and Park Maps, ok? :p

AVP

SandraVB79
11-10-2005, 07:29 AM
But all parks have their merchandising blind spots - let me know when Disneyland Paris starts selling Attraction Posters and Park Maps, ok? :p

AVP

Next time I'll go, I'll bring some of the free maps, and sell them to you! ;)

Didn't Disney used to have that machine, where you could select your songs, and have the CD made-to-order? In case they still have it, I must have missed it bad time!
I now bought the 6 CD-set of Disneyland-music, and I just love it. Listening to it, while reading one of my Disneyland-books, or watching pictures of 1 of my Disney-land visits is almost as good as being there myself! Now if only I could buy a Dole-whip at the supermarket...

The same with Fantasmic, if I start listening to that, I can see Mickey dance! Some imagination, uh!

Sometimes I just don't understand Disney, they try eah and every way to get the money out of your pockets and into theirs, and then they somehow have those gaps...
While I was at 20th century music (or however it is called), at least 6 other people came in to ask for the parade-music. Unbelievable...
And yes, I could listen to my Brother Bear-CD, but then I don't hear Julie Andrews, nor walt. I like those parts most!!!

JeffG
11-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I suspect that a lot of the issue is the need to pay royalties to the composers as well as various performers. Assuming that the orchestral portions of various show soundtracks are recorded by L.A. area session musicians (probably the case), they would also likely be subject to reuse fees included in the union contracts. All of this can make a CD release a fairly expensive prospect, which means that they need to be pretty sure that the sales will justify the production cost.

I suspect the Parade of Dreams music is likely particularly expensive, since it includes excerpts from quite a few songs as well as some participants that likely would have pretty high royalty payments (Phil Collins, Julie Andrews, etc.) I'm guessing it was probably recorded too late to make it onto any of the "official album" releases and a stand-alone release would cost more than the likely sales would justify.

-Jeff

BWthespian
12-30-2005, 04:22 PM
i really like the the music from this, does it have a cd?

canfan
12-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I think the song you are looking for is called "Welcome", and can be found on the Disney Mania 2 cd. It is the first song on the cd. I hope this is helpful. The cd may be found at any music outlet or even Walmart.

stan4d_steph
01-01-2006, 08:22 AM
i really like the the music from this, does it have a cd?

Mod. Note: threads merged. See above for answers.

Disneyland_042006
01-02-2006, 06:49 PM
The Fireworks Soundtrack is available onthe 2 disc CD set called Happiest Homecoming on Earth: The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort. The parade is not on it. That really suprises me because I have a CD from Disney World (purchased November 2004) with the Fireworks and PArade Soundtracks on it. Below is the complete track List of the 2 CD set.
New! Released in April 2005.

Track List

1. Disc 1: Walt Disney's Dedication of Disneyland - July 17, 1955 0:42
2. All Abord - Main Street Station 0:30
3. Meet Me Down on Main Street (The Mellomen) 1:45
4. Alexander's Ragtime Band (Rod Miller) - Coke Corner 2:37
5. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room - The Enchanted Tiki Room 3:28
6. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye 3:27
7. Swisskapolka - Swiss Family Treehouse 1:54
8. Tarzan Medley - Tarzan's Treehouse 2:40
9. Swanee River - New Orleans Square 1:25
10. Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me) - The Pirates of the Caribbean 5:45
11. Grim, Grinning Ghosts - The Haunted Mansion 5:33
12. Bear Band Serenade - Country Bear Jamboree 1:45
13. Splash Mountain Medley 8:07
14. The Great Outdoors - Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2:10
15. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh 4:56
16. All Aboard the Mine Train - Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland 1:46
17. Rainbow Caverns - - Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland 2:36
18. Once Upon a Dream - King Arthur's Carousel 2:19
19. Fantasyland Darkride Suite - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice in Wonderland 17:55
20. It's a Small World 5:05
21. Disc 2: Steamboat Willie - Downtown Toontown 2:09
22. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin 2:27
23. 20,000 Leages Under the Sea Medley 2:24
24. The Monorail Song 1:44
25. Miracles From Molecules - Adventure Thru Inner Space 1:37
26. Star Tours 4:07
27. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - Carousel of Progress 7:02
28. Space Mountain 2:44
29. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters 6:05
30. Space Mountain (Daytime Track) 1:28
31. Remember When (LeAnn Rimes) - Disneyland 50th Anniversary Theme Song 3:36
32. Soarin' - Soarin' Over California 4:43
33. It's Tough To Be a Bug 0:48
34. Seasons of the Vine (Medley) 4:32
35. The Bakery Theme - The Boudin Bakery 3:28
36. California Screamin' 2:35
37. Playhouse Disney 0:41
38. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Theme 1:43
39. Remember Dreams Come True - Disneyland 50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular 17:15

Mickeymac
01-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I know it doesn't help much, but if you want a quick fix, try subsonicradio.com. They have the soundtrack of the parade (live edition) available for listening. Try here: http://www.subsonicradio.com/station/playlist.php?count=25&search=parade+of+dreams+disneyland&count=25

SandraVB79
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
The 6 CD-set also has the fireworks music, but it does't have the Remember When song by Leann Rimes. I guess that's the ultimate action of Dsney to make sure you have to buy both, 6 CD set + double CD! Ok, by then, I'll have the it's a small world song about 9 times on a CD. That's almost as bad as being trapped in the ride during an hour or two! ;)

cstephens
01-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I think the song you are looking for is called "Welcome", and can be found on the Disney Mania 2 cd. It is the first song on the cd. I hope this is helpful. The cd may be found at any music outlet or even Walmart.

Actually, the ORIGINAL version of the song can be found on the soundtrack for "Brother Bear".

ktrm
02-10-2006, 06:42 AM
The Parade of Dreams theme song which I believe is titled "Welcome to our Family" is not on the The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort. Does anyone know which album, if any, its on?

SandraVB79
02-10-2006, 07:01 AM
It isn't on any album

stan4d_steph
02-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Mod. Note: threads merged. See above for previous responses.