PDA

View Full Version : Cutting in line

Pages : [1] 2 3

friendlypixie
11-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I was at Disneyland yesterday and while me and my mom were going down that large "hallway" at Indiana Jones, a group of four were comming back from the ride. Well they decided they wanted to go on it again and went over the ropes right in front of us. Me and my mom were so mad I just felt like they were soo rude to do something like that. Anywaze my mom decided to tell a CM and she told him who the group was. He cronfronted them and they said they promised that they didnt cut so he let them go. I think he knew they were lying but didnt have any proof so he just them continue through the line. Well by that time I was just plain annoyed but I decided I wasnt going to let stupid teenagers ruin my trip. Well, has anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Shinku
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
The best thing to do is just let it roll off your back. Yeah, it sucks, and yeah, people are jerks, but in the long run does it really matter if you get on the ride thirty seconds or a minute later than you would have if they didn't cut?

Frequently, an individual's morals are compromised when they're part of a larger group. It happens.

LibertyCall
11-05-2005, 05:32 PM
That's why I *always* bring my crossbow when I go to Disneyland. And I never see the same people cut twice.

HydroGuy
11-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I have to admit that I did this when I was a teenager. :crying: Not all of the time, but sometimes. Mostly it was for the challenge to see if we could do it.

I feel like I should start a Line Cutters Anonymous group. "Hi, my name is HydroGuy and I am a line cutter..."

It is hard for me to get too mad at teenagers when they do this. Now if it is an adult, then that is another story.

tink360
11-05-2005, 06:39 PM
I get mad when I see people cutting in line, pushing by others who have waited. I try not to get too annoyed - thinking maybe they are just trying to catch up to a family member or friend they know is nearer the front.

Even the ones who honstly are meeting up with someone who has "saved" them a spot can be irksome though. I recall waiting in line for RocketRods, and this enormous group (looked to be over 20 people) of foreign tourists started barging in under the ropes to stand with a few people they knew further up in the line. I hate it when the line moves backwards......not to say it's wrong to catch up with your family etc - but this seemed beyond reasonable & an abuse.

sleepyjeff
11-05-2005, 09:09 PM
It may only be 30 seconds but by cutting in line you have one very small group of people taking advantage of a larger group of people who don't cut. After all, in order for cutting to be productive a significant number of people need to be following the rules.

If everyone cut then what would be the point?

So it isn't just the matter of the 30 seconds......it's the asumption on the cutters part that he/she is somehow smarter, braver, or more deserving then those who they cut in front of:(

TowerofTerror
11-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Ive line cut before. Ive even had castmembrers let me stay on rides without going through the que again. This because the castmemebers know me.

mkcbunny
11-05-2005, 09:30 PM
You know, I have never cut in front of someone intentionally, and I completely understand your frustration.

But Indy can be a bit different. Sometimes at opening in the off season, you could stand there for half a minute and no one would come by. And the jeeps are being sent off with just a couple of people in them. If you cross over then, you aren't really getting in anyone's way. I'm not saying people should feel free to do it regularly, and certainly not if there are people coming up the entrance, in view. But that queue is like a mile long, and if there's no one coming, does it really "cut" into anyone's time to avoid going all the way out and back? At Universal Islands of Adventure in FL, for their Dueling Dragons ride, they have a "return" corner where, if there's no one waiting in line at that point, you can u-turn back into the queue. Like Indy's, that line is a complete labyrinth, and they know people like to do it more than once. And of course, if the line extends beyond that point, then folks have to go all the way out and back. If they could staff it with a CM, I think this wouldn't be the worst idea on Indy during slow times.

mkcbunny
11-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I've even had castmembers let me stay on rides without going through the que again.
Ditto, and not because they know me. When it's really slow on certain rides, like Grizzly, where they can load into any number of "vehicles" at once, if there's no one waiting and you are very polite, they will sometimes let you go again. And I think on Grizzly, they are more apt to because you're already soaking wet and sitting there.

mi_mous
11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I had this happen to me at Peter Pan!! That was the most annoying! I mean, it seemed like there were 2 people in front of us, and then there were 5!!! I know that doesn't compare to the 20 or so previously mentioned. But, it was at the end of the day, it was late, and I just wanted to do it and go onto the next thing. (I was showing my friend around for her 1st time to the park, and wanted to get as much as we could in!)
Anyways, here comes person 5, and I made it known that I was not happy. The lady who was the one inviting her into the group just snapped at me, "She was in the bathroom!!" I told her I didn't care.. left it at that, it's not worth it to cause a scene to me, as long as she knew I wasn't happy... and there better not be MORE people coming!
I mean, really, is it soooo hard to wait till your entire group is together and then join the line?? It bugs me when all these people are trying to get to their group, and making people move out of their way. (I know, you must be thinking that I am some Nazi woman, but I really am not.) I as well have been guilty of that a few times, but it seems to be happening more and more lately, to the point where it does make the line step backwards. I know I shouldn't let 30 seconds bug me, but it's the principle, and taking advantage of a larger group of people, not the fact that you have to wait 30 more seconds, as sleepyjeff put it.
Yes, when I was a teenager, I cut occasionally, but those days are over. I am sure I am not the only parent whose kids have been waiting forever to get on Peter Pan, and 30 seconds to a minute DOES make a difference, at least to an impatient child.
I don't let it ruin my trip, as I completely forget about it when I see my childs face light up, but again, it's the principle of the matter that makes it wrong.
I also agree that they should have a CM there in that long stretch to avoid things like that happening.

HorizonsA
11-06-2005, 01:22 AM
I just don't like punk teenagers period, who think they're "all that" and think it's cool to do stupid things. Like the orginal poster said, they tend to ruin attraction and Disney experiences. I was on Small World in July and these, teenage girls sat behind us. Being that they were girls, I didn't think they'd be obnoxious, they were obviously "valley girls"; I was just afraid they might've talked through the whole ride. But no, they decided to sing along. They sang the tune, bu they sang Feliz Navidad (hope I spelled that right) in the small world tune. Obviously, these girls don't know what Feliz Navidad means.

Or I was on Tower of Terror sitting in the back next to three teenagers who kept talking like they owned the place, like they weren't afraid of anything. When the elevator dropped, the kid sitting next to me, who was the one that talked the most, jumped and grabbed my leg (me missed the little handle bar in the seats), then his handle bar, as if holding for dear life and never once let go. His eyes were even shut in the picture! Thesekids may talk all tough, but they're nothing more than a bunch of chickens.

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 02:17 AM
I admit, I did line cutting in the Indy-ride last week. It was 11.50 pm, there was about no one anymore, and I was too tired (and my feet hurted too much) to go all the wait out, and come back all the way in (which must be about 2.5 miles or so...)

So, at some point, I just got over the fence-thing between entrance and exit, and went on again.

I'm sorry I am the worst person in universe...

Vegitabeta
11-06-2005, 02:51 AM
...to go all the wait out, and come back all the way in (which must be about 2.5 miles or so...)

So, at some point, I just got over the fence-thing between entrance and exit, and went on again.

I'm sorry I am the worst person in universe...

I agree! That line is like a trek!

mousemama
11-06-2005, 04:08 AM
I have made kids who were cutting go back to the end of the line. Mean, I know, but obviously their parents haven't taught them any manners. They shouldn't grow up thinking the world will kiss their ***.

disneyhound
11-06-2005, 05:45 AM
It's Time We Ban All Teenagers for DL! Whose With Me?

Leap for Joy
11-06-2005, 06:38 AM
We have a friend who intentionally pretends to be meeting a group further up in the line, and he's so friendly as he makes his way up the queue saying, 'sorry, excuse me, sorry, gotta catch up with my family" and to the front of the line he goes. He spies a likely looking candidate, stops next to them and begins a conversation. After a day or two he and his new friends are doing this on every ride. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I wait in line and tell him I'll meet up with him later.

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 09:30 AM

Can we also ban parents with autograph books???? PLEASE!!!!! :~D

pluriefuture
11-06-2005, 09:47 AM
The Indiana Jones gives quite the ample opportunity to cut in line, what with the entry and exit paths running parallel and basically not patrolled by CM's. (Not that I've done this...) They should have a CM dressed up as a statue or an artifact, who stands really still until teenagers start to hop over the median divider, then reach down and tell them it's not okay, while scaring the heck out of them at the same time.

mi_mous
11-06-2005, 11:22 AM
The Indiana Jones gives quite the ample opportunity to cut in line, what with the entry and exit paths running parallel and basically not patrolled by CM's. (Not that I've done this...) They should have a CM dressed up as a statue or an artifact, who stands really still until teenagers start to hop over the median divider, then reach down and tell them it's not okay, while scaring the heck out of them at the same time.

THIS would be hilarious!!! But, if it happened often enough, wouldn't it encourage people to cut, just so they can see the CM move?? Like those people who paint themselves gold, and the look like statues, and they only move if you give them money.
Good idea though!!

geoffa
11-06-2005, 12:11 PM

Have often thought an "Adults only" day would be good.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

disneyhound
11-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Can we also ban parents with autograph books???? PLEASE!!!!! :~D
Absolutely, all teenagers, adults with autograph books, and also, the left-handed, they really bother me... ;) Whose Next?

pluriefuture
11-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Is this banning sort of like an "adult swim" idea in the pool? Over the loud speaker, someone will yell "Adult Park Time" and then all the teens will be coralled and pushed in to DCA?

disneyhound
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Is this banning sort of like an "adult swim" idea in the pool? Over the loud speaker, someone will yell "Adult Park Time" and then all the teens will be coralled and pushed in to DCA?

Yea, they will be held in the pier area and be forced to play the carnival games until their parents pick them up. Of course that could be a problem, suppose some parents decided to leave DL on a high note, and left the kids behind... ;)

tod
11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I was at Disneyland yesterday and while me and my mom were going down that large "hallway" at Indiana Jones, a group of four were comming back from the ride. Well they decided they wanted to go on it again and went over the ropes right in front of us.

I have done that. Occasionally. With nobody around. I would never do it cutting in front of somebody.

--t

wwithers
11-06-2005, 05:35 PM
I had this happen to me at Peter Pan!! That was the most annoying! I mean, it seemed like there were 2 people in front of us, and then there were 5!!! I know that doesn't compare to the 20 or so previously mentioned. But, it was at the end of the day, it was late, and I just wanted to do it and go onto the next thing. (I was showing my friend around for her 1st time to the park, and wanted to get as much as we could in!)
Anyways, here comes person 5, and I made it known that I was not happy. The lady who was the one inviting her into the group just snapped at me, "She was in the bathroom!!" I told her I didn't care.. left it at that, it's not worth it to cause a scene to me, as long as she knew I wasn't happy... and there better not be MORE people coming!
I mean, really, is it soooo hard to wait till your entire group is together and then join the line?? It bugs me when all these people are trying to get to their group, and making people move out of their way. (I know, you must be thinking that I am some Nazi woman, but I really am not.) I as well have been guilty of that a few times, but it seems to be happening more and more lately, to the point where it does make the line step backwards. I know I shouldn't let 30 seconds bug me, but it's the principle, and taking advantage of a larger group of people, not the fact that you have to wait 30 more seconds, as sleepyjeff put it.
Yes, when I was a teenager, I cut occasionally, but those days are over. I am sure I am not the only parent whose kids have been waiting forever to get on Peter Pan, and 30 seconds to a minute DOES make a difference, at least to an impatient child.
I don't let it ruin my trip, as I completely forget about it when I see my childs face light up, but again, it's the principle of the matter that makes it wrong.
I also agree that they should have a CM there in that long stretch to avoid things like that happening.

We do this frequently. And yes, it is difficult to wait in a really long line with a 5yo. One of us will get in line, the other will take DD on somehing else (or to the bathroom, or whatever) and then the one in line calls when they are near the front (or near a point where we can't easily group together again). I agree that if it is a big tour group of 20 that this shouldn't necessarily be done, but I have no problem with a family reconvening and the kids getting to have a good time.

I'm also not sure that I buy the argument that it's okay to do something like this until it annoys you personally, then it's bad. But that's just me.