PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Joggers?

HiHoSilver
11-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Weird question ... sorry. While on vacation at Disneyland, does anybody ever get up early & go for a jog? Any ideas where someone could take in a nice scenic run (Disney-style), just after sunrise? We're going in 2 weeks!!

h_lehmann
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Disneyland resort doesn't have the amount of land that, say, Disneyworld does, so a morning run of more than a couple of miles might need some creativity. There aren't any real jogging trails in the area that I know of. I suppose you could just go around the outside perimeter of the resort, maybe with a pass through Downtown Disney, but you'll still be dealing with traffic lights & crosswalks

11-06-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm coming up blank with a search on this, although I know those threads are out there ...

For the runners: what's the best early a.m. route around the resort?

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 03:58 AM
You mean that after all the long hours and the numerous miles you WALK at Disney, you still want to RUN?????
My feet could hardly get me back to the hotel in the evening, lol!

stan4d_steph
11-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Lani wrote an article on exercising while on vacation. Here's a link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp020424.htm). There's a suggested route toward the end of the article. :)

disneyland addict13
11-06-2005, 06:50 AM
When we were there in July every morning at about 7 AM we saw a man running through Downtown Disney. He would go down one side and then loop back around the other side...

evrythngwmn
11-06-2005, 09:14 AM
When we were there in July every morning at about 7 AM we saw a man running through Downtown Disney. He would go down one side and then loop back around the other side...

Yes, that's the only place I've ever seen early morning joggers.

11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Lani wrote an article on exercising while on vacation.

Thanks, Steph!

HiHoSilver
11-06-2005, 12:41 PM
You guys are great ... thanks for the good info. I especially like the "perimeter" idea in that article above. SandraV, it is all mental with me. I'll definitely be tired, but an early morning run is almost exhilarating to me when I have some good scenery. Otherwise, I'm toast.

TowerofTerror
11-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Its good that people jog its extremely healthy so let them keep on jogging.

HiHoSilver
11-06-2005, 12:53 PM
In addition to the good scenery, it also helps to have some good music playing in your ears. I'm thinking of playing "Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate's Life For Me" on a constant loop for these runs :D . I'm really excited about this trip ... thanks again for the help!

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Try the music fromnit's a small world... you'll try to run away from it!
Serious now: I think the Indy-theme might also be good to run on, no?

Btw, I went golfing today. before I was at the 5th hole, I couldn't almost walk anymore, my feet still hurt from 4 Disney-days! lol (and maybe also because I was wearing new golf shoes....)