PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest time to stay at Grand Californian?

lilypad
11-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know what time of the year is the least expensive to stay at the grand californian? I know it's during the off season, but I was looking at the Disney hotel webpage and the price is frozen at $320 all year long. Or is $320 the lowest price the grand californian offered for 2 adults?

potcfan
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
The cheapest rates that I have been quoted for the first week in January are: AP rate of $179 or military rate of $270.

11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Last October, expedia.com had a 4-nights-for-the-price-of-3 deal at the GCH. I believe they had the same deal going this October, also.

friendlypixie
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I just tried to book a room for two adults a couple weeks ago. We only wanted to stay one night and the price came out to $425, thats just for a room nothing extra. That was too much so maybe we willl go next year instead. I think they rose the prices because its the 50th.

DangerMouse
11-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I managed to get a $169 rate through Expedia in June. It was one of their last-minute deals. Of course, the true price was close to $200 after resort fees and tax.

DISNEYLAND GUY
11-06-2005, 08:43 PM
If you go to http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/rates/listing?name=GrandCalifornianRatesListingPage
and scroll down, you can see the Value Season, Regular Season, and Holiday Season rates are for what Disney sets them at. If you scroll down, it will tell you when the seasons dates are, and from there you can find when the cheapest time to stay would be. I would imagine at this time it would also be cheapest when booked at an online travel service (ie: Expedia, Orbitz, etc.), but I am not sure and do not know that from experience.

Hope that helps!