PDA

View Full Version : Photos and observations from the DLR on 11/4/05

Darkbeer
11-05-2005, 02:09 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/940194

The Christmas Tree is still backstage

Sunglass Icon is now open

The Monorail is back up and running

So far, New Orleans Square, Frontierland and Toontown have been decorated for Christmas

The walls for Santa's Reindeer Round Up have been moved, the Petting Zoo area has been uncovered, and it looks like they got new pavement in the area, but not decorated in any way. This might just be the path for the Festival Arena area for private events for the next few months. Also, the stagecoach in front of the area has been removed. Photos start at #121

The fence is now covering the old BBQ area, and nothing much has been done here. Should be interesting to see where Santa actually ends up...

Chicken Little and Abby Mallard are now featured guests at Toontown.

Some great shots of what is going on behind the walls at the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area...(Photos 197 thru 201)

This photo shows the installation of the fountain...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/940194/20/43087029/Large

In DCA, decorations are starting to show up on the Golden Gate Bridge, the main street on the Backlot, Flik's Fun Fair, and the San Francisco area.

Work is being performed at the entrance to Animation, which has forced Drawn to the Magic to move down the street, near the entrance to the Hyperion.

Looks like the DCA Christmas tree will not be placed in the Amphitheater, but instead at the Hub area where you can enter either Paradise Pier or the Pacific Wharf area (across from the Bathroom Row buildings).

Leap for Joy
11-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Darkbeer! Those are great shots!
I love the huge ornaments in front of ITTBAB.

Boo 2 U
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just a few things ... Darkbeer, thanks so much for sharing the photos. Sadly, my computer is on a dial up modem, so it takes soooooooo long to view just one picture. I didn't get to see many, but those that I did view were beautiful, I love Christmas and all the decorations, so I'm so excited that DL will be decorated somewhat when I arrive this week. I'm curious, what time of the day were these photos taken? It didn't look very crowded, or were the pictures decieving? Also ... what is an AP? Is Fantasmic open this week? If it's due to be crowded this week, where do you suggest we start ... we'll be ready to hit the parks by noon on Tuesday, have all Wed., Thursday and half day on Friday. And lastly, how's the weather been? Sorry for all the questions, anyone that has info, please feel free to add comments. Thanks so much! Getting sooooo excited! We're coming with a group of 20 ... should be interesting ;-)
Boo

mariogarza
11-05-2005, 08:18 PM
thanks Darkbeer!
great photos as always...

Darkbeer
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just a few things ... Darkbeer, thanks so much for sharing the photos. Sadly, my computer is on a dial up modem, so it takes soooooooo long to view just one picture. I didn't get to see many, but those that I did view were beautiful, I love Christmas and all the decorations, so I'm so excited that DL will be decorated somewhat when I arrive this week. I'm curious, what time of the day were these photos taken? It didn't look very crowded, or were the pictures decieving? Also ... what is an AP? Is Fantasmic open this week? If it's due to be crowded this week, where do you suggest we start ... we'll be ready to hit the parks by noon on Tuesday, have all Wed., Thursday and half day on Friday. And lastly, how's the weather been? Sorry for all the questions, anyone that has info, please feel free to add comments. Thanks so much! Getting sooooo excited! We're coming with a group of 20 ... should be interesting ;-)
Boo

FYI, all my photos all have a date/time stamp...

The photos were taken from about 3 to 5 PM on Friday.

It was busy, but not crowded, Friday's tend to start that way, and get busier as it gets into the evening.

An AP is an "Annual Pass"

Fantasmic! is currently offered on Friday, Saturday and Sundays. It will go to 7 days a week for the week of Thanksgiving, and the last 2 weeks of December.

Weather is nice, cool and dry.

disneyhound
11-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Great pictures as always, Thanks Darkbeer! Do you think you could get inside the tunnel of the sub ride? Don't forget to switch your flash on!

nickbrown2k2
11-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the great pics! :)

pluriefuture
11-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow, looks like they still have quite a lot of work for the Monsters, Inc area.

Great pics!

tinker3
11-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
Boo

We just got back, and started our trip last Wed. It was awesome on Wed. and Thursday, we walked on almost every ride (Wed at DL and Thur at DCA) Friday was busy, but the morning was perfect, it does just get more crowded as the day goes on. A mid week trip is great! You will need sweatshirts/Jackets at night, it's chilly! Sorry, you will miss Fantasmic & fireworks (Fri & Sat only, I think), but you will also be missing huge crowds (hopefully)!

Thanks for the pictures Darkbeer, it's so fun to see what's up and going on, right before your trip.:D