PDA

View Full Version : GetawayToday.com Question [What hotels have you booked through them?]

MermaidHair
11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I have read about getawaytoday.com on these boards and looking at their site I have seen some pretty good deals. My question is what off-property, walking distance hotels have you booked through them and would recommend? It seems that they do not offer many of the highly recommended hotels that meet my criteria.

Thanks for your help!

annieb727
11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
i've never used them, but i noticed they do the tickets and hotel thing together, sometimes you can get a better deal doing it separately (like buying tickets from disney store or from disney online).

another great hotel/flight website is kayak.com -- they actually compare prices from many different websites...it's VERY cool.

HILNDKID
11-05-2005, 06:30 AM
we have booked three times with the, we have stayed at the Fairfield Inn, the Marriott down by the convention center (can't remeber the name) and we are going in two weeks and staying at the howard johnson. THey have been great to work through and I would highly suggest using them.

Good Luck!

Wendi
11-05-2005, 07:57 AM
I've booked with them several times and they are awesome... unfortunately I haven't booked any off-property, walking distance hotels through them. The last few have been GCH, Staybridge Suites, and Hyatt. GCH and Staybridge are both awesome hotels, Hyatt is OK (their staff is so-so but the hotel is nice). Too bad they don't book Hojo's - they're awesome too. BTW - you can change your ticket options on packages w/getaway today - you can delete tickets completely to lower your price if you don't need them, or increase/decrease the number of tickets, change adult/child quanitities, etc. In the past we've gotten rates at GCH including 5-day park hoppers and all the extra goodies that they give you and it was cheaper than just booking the room alone.

potcfan
11-05-2005, 08:08 AM
You can book HoJo's through Getaway, I'm thinking of booking through them for December 30-31 - $439 two nights including two adult tickets or $244 room only.

cwhit45
11-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I've used them 3 times, twice for the Tropicana and one for the Park Inn. Evey time they have been great and very accomidating.

scanmom
11-08-2005, 03:40 PM
and they were great!! The service from them is the best!!! We stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim hotel, about 2 blocks away.... we walked it with no problems. I think the name of this hotel has changed to The Coast... and I hear that it is changing again....to a Sheraton. I hope that is true so that I can use starpoints to stay there. The place is nice, but not too fancy. We had a room with a balcony facing the parks, so it was nice to see the lights in the parks at night. I would stay here again!

Micki0624
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I have stayed at the Castle Inn and is only one crosswalk away.

tinker3
11-09-2005, 11:01 AM
We have used getawaytoday many times and loved it. I have priced it individulally with tickets and expedia, I have priced it through AAA and through the Disney vacation packages and 95% of the time they are the cheapest, it just depends on the hotel you choose. Most are cheapest through getawaytoday, but sometimes 1 or 2 are equal or slightly high. We stayed at Homewood suites, Residence Inn (both), paradise pier, etc. It was a great deal. The package includes 2 Adult tickets and hotel. Even though some hotels are not walking distance, the Anaheim transit system is very short and easy. We only had 2 stops total (inlcuding ours) and sometimes just one. They run every 20 minutes. Good luck, planning is part of the fun!:D

MermaidHair
11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the input everybody. It is good to hear they are a reliable source.

I am still researching but I will let you know if I decide to book through them or a la carte myself and my experience. The fact that their prices are inclusive of taxes is pretty appealing...

forthekids
11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
We are going on our first trip with Getawaytoday next week, but we are staying at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park. I compared prices with AAA Travel and for a 4-night stay for our party of 6, AAA was $350 more.

jeffat2
11-10-2005, 02:47 PM
we have stayed at the hampton inn and suites through getaway,we are going again dec. 28-jan 1 (4 nights for $276.00 after taxes) ok place to stay .Clean and good cont. breakfast, just to far to walk to dl imo. I cant say enough good things about getaway today .very good people and good prices. Jeff

minniemom
11-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I use getawaytoday every time we go to DL. We have done GCH twice, the Crowne Plaza, and the Hampton. I always research for the best deal and always use them. Sorry that I don't have info on any walking distance hotels, but if you call getaway they are very knowledgeable. I was told once that they take thier agents once a year to tour the hotels. This comes in handy when trying to decide.