PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Child's Ticket Price Vs. Adult

Monte Cristo
11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
So we're taking my niece and nephew to DL in December. They currently 9, so I purchased children's tickets for them.

The problem is I forgot that they're turning ten in November, which means by the time we go to the park they should have the 10 and up priced tickets.

Will this cause a problem at the park? I mean..there really isn't a way to check a child's age at the gate short of demanding a birth certificate, which I know DL doesn't do.

MermaidHair
11-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh my, this is opening a can of worms! Be warned. :eek:

IMHO, you are right DL would never know but you are probably better off looking into upgrading the kids tickets to adult prices so you don't have to worry about it and the kids get the message that it is not ok to cheat the system.

I think it is awesome that you are taking your niece and nephew to DL - Have a great time!

dsnyredhead
11-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Honestly, DL isn't going to know the difference unless you or the kids announce it at the gates. It's really an issue of how much it bothers you that they are getting in at the kids rate.

Whittibo
11-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Why don't you call DL? Tell them what happened and say they will be turning 10 2 weeks before our trip (or however long) and say you ordered the tickets for their current age.

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. If you're only talking a couple weeks.. I don't think it would be a problem. But that's only MY opinion.

disneyhound
11-05-2005, 06:27 AM
You did purchase the tickets at the appropriate age rate when you bought them! You were not attempting to pull a fast one, a simple oversight! I think a phone call as previously suggested would take any additional worry out of your trip. My daughter had a growth spurt early, and many times we were challenged when buying a child's ticket to the movies! But we stood our ground, we were following the rules!