PDA

View Full Version : Character Meal

Disney Daddy of 4
11-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Which is the best character meal and why? I have been to Goofy's Kitchen about 6 times, but want to know If I am missing something.

11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
For my family at this point in time, it's Storytellers. My kids are teens and appreciate the low-key character interaction, the ambience, and the outstanding breakfast.

hlbtimes2
11-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Depends on what you are looking for.

Food= Storytellers. Limited characters, buffet or menu services. Great food!

Characters= most will tell you Goofys.( Our experience wasnt not good, so I cant personally recomend it). Food was decent. Lots of kids choices, little more limited for adults.

Location= Plaza- cant beat being in the park with characters! (we had great experiences in 2001 and 2003- both food and characters were great- wish we had done it rather then Goofys this trip)

Something different= Ariels in DCA. Its a set menu rather then a buffet like the others. and is lunch and dinner rather then breakfast. Only Princesses so if you have boys they may not be to excited.

Then there is Lilo and Stitch at the Paradise Pier- havent been there, but I've heard its good. Its limited characters- but buffet or menu service, so can be more affordable if you pick menu rather then buffet. Downside? Unless you are staying at PP its not close enough to everything else.

SandraVB79
11-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Last Sunday, my mom and I had breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza Inn, and we absolutely loved it! What I didn't like was that I had to stand in line forever to get an omelett, but half an hour after I had eaten mine, there was no line anymore, so you might want to eat Mickey waffles first, and an omelett after that.

Oh yes, eating 4 Mickey waffls, followed by Space Mountain and some other rough rides was NOT a good idea :~D

tinksmommy
11-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Last Sunday, my mom and I had breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza Inn, and we absolutely loved it!

Which characters were there? We are doing the Plaza on the 14th and somewhere along the way were told that Pooh characters have been showing up there as well? Any truth to this one?

Thanks!

:confused:

AZDisneyFan
11-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I loved Ariels grotto before when it was Mickey. I am not fond of Goofy's Kitchen because it is chaotic, and the interaction with the characters is brief. I would say try any of the other ones. I want to try Storytellers on the next trip in 2 weeks.

kohl
11-06-2005, 09:10 AM
My family loves Goofy's Kitchen and Lilo and Stitch.

mickey_mania
11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
My family also really enjoyed Goofys Kitchen last time and we will be dining there on our next trip as well.

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Which characters were there? We are doing the Plaza on the 14th and somewhere along the way were told that Pooh characters have been showing up there as well? Any truth to this one?

Thanks!

:confused:

Minnie Mouse was there (obvious, who else would make Mickey-waffles??), Hook was there, and then there were Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger.
Oh, and the Cinderella-fairy was there! She was so much fun!!!!

mi_mous
11-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I didn't eat here, but when we were walking by, I saw that Tigger was at the Plaza Inn dining.. I think breakfast still.
I have done Minnies, Goofy's, and Ariels. We liked them all, but my husband didn't like Ariels because he likes buffets better. Our daughter loved Ariels, but my son was kinda stand offish.. until the princesses engaged with him, then he liked it.. he is only 4 though. So, any attention he gets he loves from the characters.

OH! Since we are talking about this, I have a story about Goofy's. When we ate there last, it seemed as though whoever was playing Goofy HATED his job for the day!!
Goofy didn't interact with anyone, didn't stop for any of the kids, and when a kid yelled out, "Hi Goofy!" He just put his hand up and walked backstage... NOT like Goofy at all. Just the posture and walking, and attitude, you could tell he wasn't having a good day, or should I say morning? But, I guess you can't be in a good mood all the time, right? I just thought it was odd to actually see it come out in a character like that. Well, more funny than odd. But, we did have a good time at Goofy's kitchen besides that fact. In fact, I don't even think we saw Goofy that day, I will have to check the pictures to make sure.. wierd!

krispin41
11-06-2005, 07:03 PM
My friends and I did Minnie's at the Plaza on 10/21 and had lots of fun. We saw Pooh, Chip and Dale, Captain Hook, one of the Fairy Godmothers and of course Minnie. LOVED the cheese blintzes and I thought their sausage was excellent.

The next day we did Goofy's Kitchen. I thought the food here was a bit better but we decided we liked the convenience of being IN the park a bit more (eggs benedict! YUM!). We saw Goofy, Pluto, Cinderella and Chip and Dale. Cinderella had to take some dishes to the back but made a point to come right back to us. And we had no childeren with us. LOL.

I would definetely do either of these again, it was a nice start to the morning.

SandraVB79
11-06-2005, 11:30 PM
oh yes, chip and dale were there too!

GrumpyUTboi
11-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Where is Goofy's Kitchen? How do you get into the breakfast at the Plaza Inn? I am sure that reservations are needed, correct?

SandraVB79
11-07-2005, 06:04 AM
I wanted to have breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Sunday. We went on Saturday to City Hall, and asked them to call the Disney dinner reservation line (I NEVER understand American people on the phone...)

Somewhere on the website (www.disneyland.com) is the phone number for the dinner reservations, and I think you can make reservations up to 90 days in advance.
I think it costed +/- 22 dollars (adults) (I can look for the receipt at home, but I'm not sure I still have it... by the end of the month I'll see it on my Visa statement)
If you're a small group (2 or so), you could walk-by, but I wouldn't recommend it, and certainly not on crowded days!!!
Somewhere I read that, if you want to have breakfast there on a day that the park opens at 10, you can go in an hour earlier.

Tip: the Mickey-waffles are so good, but don't eat 4 of them!!!!!!!

Goofy's Kitchen is at the Pacific Pier (or DL hotel?) We passed it on our first day at DTD, because we had time to kill (I don't pay a full-day park hopper for just a couple of hours) and I wanted to check out the hotels (and their shops!!!!!!) It seemed very chaotic to me, and it didn't tempt me to make reservations for that one... But of course, if you go with a family with plenty of kids it should be fun, I guess...

hlbtimes2
11-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Goofys is at the Disneyland hotel.

ssturgeo
11-07-2005, 09:04 AM
In June we had a breakfast at both Goofy's and the Plaza Inn (it was still the Princesses then). We both (my 13 year old granddaughter and I) preferred the food at Goofy's Kitchen...I enjoyed talking to Cinderlla though at the Plaza!! We are returning in five days and I gave her the choice of where to book...she wanted Goofy's Kitchen again.

sajack
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
We've always done Goof's Kitchen and the Plaza. Both were great.
Where is Storytellers? I haven't done that yet.

Thanks!

EchoThree76
11-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Who makes an appearance at Lilo and Stitch?

geoffa
11-08-2005, 01:44 AM
For my family at this point in time, it's Storytellers. My kids are teens and appreciate the low-key character interaction, the ambience, and the outstanding breakfast.

Definitely Storytellers. Keeping Chip and Dale from trying to pinch your food was a real hoot!:)

hlbtimes2
11-08-2005, 07:49 AM
We've always done Goof's Kitchen and the Plaza. Both were great.
Where is Storytellers? I haven't done that yet.

Thanks!

Storyteller is at the Grand CA. You have a choice between menu service and buffet. The character interaction is more low key then it is at Goofys.

babytmakes5
11-08-2005, 10:23 AM
I haven't been to DLR in a year and half, so others may have more updated info, but in our experience, Storyteller's Breakfast with Chip and Dale was outstanding. Compared to the other character meals we did (Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Grotto), we got really personalized attention from the characters. Chip actually fed my toddler his entire breakfast! It was so cute and our whole family really felt special. Next time around we will skip Goofy's Kitchen as we thought it was way overpriced for the brief interaction you get with the characters. Plus, the food at Storyteller's was excellent. Try it, I think you will like it too....