PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Holiday Happenings at DL...

annieb727
11-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone...

I've been looking through some of the threads for some of the holiday "specials" they do at DL and DCA, and I haven't been very successful for locating stuff.

From the DL website, I see that they have "it's a small world" holiday Lighting Moment, and Christmas Tree Lighting, as well as the Christmas Parade.

What else do they have special for the holidays...and are those things worth taking time to see??

Thanks!!

potzbie
11-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I am looking forward to the DICKENS CAROLLERS.
If not on the web site, the schedule you get for free at the entrance gate will surely list the hours of their performances.

I am looking foward to the "snow" which occurs at enveing, post-parade.
The map you get at the entrance gate lists the "snow" locations.

At selected locations, there will be desserts of a seasonal theme.
I can only remember seeing them at Club Buzz in Tomorrowland, but the map does mark out where the food specialties can be found.

There surely will be the opportunity to allow children to top their cookies with designs.
I remember seeing this on Main Street in front of the Firehouse.

Hmmmm . . . . What am I leaving out???

Maus
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Candy cane making at the Main Street candy store!

Here's last year's great article from LisaP...

Christmas in Disneyland (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041201lp.htm)

mariogarza
11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I am looking forward to the DICKENS CAROLLERS.
If not on the web site, the schedule you get for free at the entrance gate will surely list the hours of their performances.

I am looking foward to the "snow" which occurs at enveing, post-parade.
The map you get at the entrance gate lists the "snow" locations.

At selected locations, there will be desserts of a seasonal theme.
I can only remember seeing them at Club Buzz in Tomorrowland, but the map does mark out where the food specialties can be found.

There surely will be the opportunity to allow children to top their cookies with designs.
I remember seeing this on Main Street in front of the Firehouse.

Hmmmm . . . . What am I leaving out???

The snow will be post-fireworks....where do they sing the Dickens Carollers? sounds great.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Here's last year's great article from LisaP...

Christmas in Disneyland (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041201lp.htm)
I watched them do this last year. But how do you get one? Seems people stand there for hours to get them. Is that about right?

Niwel
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Also, don't miss the yummy candy cane fudge that they make from the "broken" pieces. You cn get it at any candy store at the resort.

And my fave... the Holiday tour. :)

annieb727
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Also, don't miss the yummy candy cane fudge that they make from the "broken" pieces. You cn get it at any candy store at the resort.

And my fave... the Holiday tour. :)

The Holiday Tour doesn't seem to be much for the price...
express boarding for HMH, small world
ornament
sweet treat
pin
hot chocolate
VIP seating for Christmas parade
for $39 (annual pass discount)

Niwel
11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
It's what you make of it... it isn't for everyone. If I go on the tour I don't need to spend time earlier in the day: getting an FP or waiting in line for HMH or IASW holiday; I can save money on dessert; and don't need to squeeze in for the parade. I've always enjoyed the spirit of the tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm) (everyone is in a very festive mood). I like hearing the stories and learning about why something was decorated a certain way. I have an AP -- at this point in the year I'm going for free anyway, so $39 isn't a big deal. :)

mi_mous
11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Is there ONLY snow after the fireworks? Or is there snow down Main Street during the parade (not bubbles, but flakes, like confetti)?
I am just wondering, cause we were watching the parade, and were over by Alice, and there was no snow, after the parade, we were walking, and I saw some people sitting on the ground around the hub, with snow all over them, and there were snow pieces on the ground.
SO, do you get snow "confetti" on Main Street, or was it a random thing that someone brought to the park and threw all over themselves? I'm asking, cause it didn't seem too isolated.

DebbieinLA
11-04-2005, 09:39 PM
When I was at DL in mid-October, we saw a sign posted in Frontierland by the Big Thunder Ranch that live reindeer would be arriving there Nov. 11.

Debbie in L.A.

Niwel
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Is there ONLY snow after the fireworks? Or is there snow down Main Street during the parade (not bubbles, but flakes, like confetti)?
The snow is only after the fireworks -- unless one of the floats has a snow-like substance. From what we can make out, the fireworks will be the "Remember Dreams Come True" followed by the song "White Christmas" and then snow -- of course who knows what transition they will use from the fireworks to the snow.

AaronInCal
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
I am just wondering, cause we were watching the parade, and were over by Alice, and there was no snow, after the parade, we were walking, and I saw some people sitting on the ground around the hub, with snow all over them, and there were snow pieces on the ground.
SO, do you get snow "confetti" on Main Street, or was it a random thing that someone brought to the park and threw all over themselves? I'm asking, cause it didn't seem too isolated.

The people you saw with snow all over them were most likely targeted from Genie in the Christmas Fantasy parade. While he zips around in his cool sleigh with Aladdin and Jasmine in back, he will throw out snow on people. Sometimes he'll get them pretty good. Otherwise, like was said, there is no other snowfall except after the fireworks.

davies901
11-05-2005, 06:38 AM
When does the snow start. My California kids have never really seen snow. Except for a skiff when we went to Houston last year for Christmas (go figure :) ) But this time they won't be freezing because Mommy didn't bring any coats!

sierranevada
11-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Here is Darkbeer's thread about the holiday happenings at DLR:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49027&highlight=disneyland+holiday

Maus
11-05-2005, 09:10 AM
I watched them do this last year. But how do you get one? Seems people stand there for hours to get them. Is that about right?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I actually don't like peppermint. But I love watching them make the stuff. I think that people (like me) are fascinated by the process and stand there watching the entire time.

charpaul
11-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Candy Canes - If my memory is right....
They make fresh candy canes at the Candy store on Main Street about midmorning on weekdays during holiday (I think it might only be three days of the week -Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and when they are finished they go on sale at the counter inside. I understand that they usually last all of 10 minutes. One batch makes about 50 canes???..... They sell out quickly to anyone who is there. That is why a crowd gathers to watch them being made AND to buy them.