PDA

View Full Version : Zorro Stunt Spectacular!

disneyhead
03-13-2002, 11:37 AM
I think a quick and easy way to increase the family friendly offerings at DCA would be to add an amphitheater that houses a Zorro stunt show. It could be similar to Indy at MGM but the Zorro tie-in would have a movie making and California theme. Also it wouldn't have those pesky licensing agreements with Lucas.

Uncle Dick
03-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by disneyhead
I think a quick and easy way to increase the family friendly offerings at DCA would be to add an amphitheater that houses a Zorro stunt show. It could be similar to Indy at MGM but the Zorro tie-in would have a movie making and California theme. Also it wouldn't have those pesky licensing agreements with Lucas.
While I, personally, would enjoy a Zorro show, I'm not sure if the kids of today would be able to connect with a character whose heyday ended several decades ago. I'm also not too sure where in the park it would fit (other than just building another "set" in the HPB). If there were room in Disneyland, such a show could work great near the Rancho del Zocalo.

disneyhead
03-13-2002, 12:10 PM
JeffG informed me over at LP.com that the rights to Zorro are most likely tied up in the Sony/Amblin sequal to the recent movie. So as I said there, "In my best Rosanne Rosannadanna voice, "Nevermind".

downingfamily1
03-13-2002, 03:41 PM
If they could get the rights a Zorro show would be great. My 6 and 3 year old boys both absolutely love the old Zorro tv show. In the summer when they can stay up later we watch it whenever we can. They could do a great show and also hype the Disney channel at the same time by airing Zorro at a family friendly hour for a while. It would be great for cross promoting the park and the tv channel.

ricksfca
03-13-2002, 03:50 PM
This would work perfectly at DCA! It could be by the Mission Tortilla "attraction". I'm sure it would get a LOT more people into the exhibit. I'm sure if Disney wanted it enough, they could fix the licensing problems. Also, the fact that the show would be Zorro, they wouldn't have to build a lot of expensive pieces like at the Indy Show in FL. It would be more like the Wild West Stunt Show at Universal. I would like to see fires and buildings collapsing but who knows with budgets.

HTHBellcaptain
03-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I love the old Zorro T.V. show. I wish Disney would release all three seasons on DVD (In black and white, of course. I hate the colorization version).

As far as a Zorro Stunt Show, I would love it. I know the chance of it happening is nil, but I would love it.

coronamouseman
03-14-2002, 12:00 AM
If it's such a great idea and Disney could swing the licensing, build the theatre out in back of Thunder Mt. at the old Hunchback show area ...........

Plenty of space, is back where they could stable horses or other animals if needed and is in a good spot to handle large numbers of people with pathways from both Frontierland and Fantasyland....

I like the idea of a hanging coaster which threads it way through an early California village better though - lots of near misses of buildings and special effects such as explosions, gunshots, falling rocks and chasing soldiers as the coaster speeds through the narrow streets ..........

malin
03-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Its funny you mention a Zorro stunt spectacular as I have heard only recently that Disneyland Paris Resort in France were rumoured to be getting a similar attraction for is Disney Village to replace Buffalo Bills.Which is a dinner show by the way.I don't see a problem with Disney bringing a Zorro dinner show to Down Town Disney do you.I don't think Downtown Disney have a dinner show do there.Perhaps this is an idea for phase 2 of Downtown Disney.

coronamouseman
03-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Yeah - phase II of DTD where California Adventure becomes part of the boardwalk for DTD with no admission and all rides being on a pay-as-you-go basis or an add-on to the standard Disneyland ticket ...........

disneyhead
03-14-2002, 11:25 PM
No one caught my mistake. The "Nevermind" quote was Gilda's Emily Latella, not Rosanna Rosannadanna. Anywho, on with the ideas.
I got one... nope, it was just gas.

AliKzam
03-15-2002, 05:57 PM
I would just like to point out that I suggested this exact idea a few years ago, and I believe once, recently on one of these threads. I also suggested a few other things, such as an adventure ride incorporating all of the weather disasters that California has (earthquakes, floods, etc.).
Kevin Yee once said on one of these posts that Disney doesn't like to use ideas outside the company for this very reason. So turkies such as myself don't come screaming across saying "That's my idea! I thought of it first!" The added bonus with a big corporation is the turkey might actually try to sue.
But seriously, I thought of it first. :)

coronamouseman
03-18-2002, 05:07 PM
That makes perfect sense given the paranoia in the movie industry (of which Disney is a member) about originality of an idea ......

On a dare from my son, I sent a script for an Indiana Jones movie to Stephen Spielberg at Universal Studios last year and much to my surprise, I actually received a response from the studio .......
To my real surprise, it was an explicit statement from the studio saying at least 3 times how the script was never read and how no copy of the document was made etc., etc., etc. .............

coronamouseman
03-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah - I forgot to include that the script itself was returned in the original envelope ...............