PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning and Christmas (DLR)

yellowrosedtxn
11-04-2005, 07:01 AM
I am planning on going to Disneyland for Christmas (but not for 2 years) and I was just interested in hearing from those of you that have done this.

Approximately how much does it cost to have Vacation Planning set up a Christmas tree in your room for the holidays? (I do know that it probably increases every year but approximately.)

What do you do with the tree when you are done with it? Is it alive or artificial?

When taking kids with you, if you didn't get a tree for your room, how did you explain the Santa thing or how/where were the presents? Mind you, my kids will be 11, 12 and 16 when we go to Disneyland so they will be in the "Know" of Santa but I was just wondering how you went about the whole celebration while you were there.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I have more questions, I just don't remember them right now.

DisneyMa
11-04-2005, 08:02 AM
We will be staying at the GCH from Dec. 11 thru the 16th and we are planning on having one of their personal trees in our room. I hear they sell out every year. They haven't started to sell them yet for this year, so I'm not sure what the price will be for them, however I was told they sold for $150.00 last year. But the way, the trees are not real and you do take them home with you. HTH

You could always pack your own little (fake) tree and shop at Disney for decorations and the family could trim the tree while your there. Or you could just bring some of your own decorations from home that won't brake in travel.

11-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Mind you, my kids will be 11, 12 and 16 when we go to Disneyland so they will be in the "Know" of Santa but I was just wondering how you went about the whole celebration while you were there.

I've heard the tree is very nice. If I had small children, I would absolutely get one for the room.

My daughters are 13 and 16 (so about the ages your kids will be). If we were at the resort over Christmas, I would save the approx. $150 for something else. There will be decorated trees in the hotel and the park.

I would buy a couple of really nice, small gifts at the resort - maybe watches - and a few Disney doodads. The main gift would be spending money, though. How fun to go Disney shopping at the resort!

That's just the way I'd do it. I'll love to hear other people's ideas!

11-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Click me (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31715) for a fairly recent thread about in-room Christmas trees.

yellowrosedtxn
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM
THANKS for the link. I am thinking that it might just be worth getting at least the tree (to have forever and the memories to go along with it) and I'll have to see about the stockings. I'll save up for those things (I do have a lot of time). I am so excited now and I have two years to WAIT!