PDA

View Full Version : February Roll Call

GeminiAngel
11-04-2005, 06:12 AM
February? Anyone? I will be there Feb 15th & 16th with my family.

We arrive on the 14th. Should I make dinner res. somewhere? Being Valentine's day, i'm worried about not being able to eat somewhere decent for dinner like storytellers or rainforest.

tstan70
11-04-2005, 06:25 AM
We are considering the week after Presidents Day weekend (Feb 20-25). I have never been during that time of the year. How will the crowds be on the Tues-Fri after President's day?

Gr8Scott
11-04-2005, 07:35 AM
In my experience the crowds have been very light the week after President's Week. I think our longest wait for a ride was 30 minutes but we practically walked on most attractions. We have gone that week in 2003 and 2004 and had a great time! In 2004 we had some major rain (every day for a week) which is something you may want to consider.

tlovesdis
11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
I'll be there from Feb 23-26 and I can't wait!

I would make a ressie for V-Day just to be safe!

disneycanuk
11-04-2005, 09:29 AM
trip planning for feb 3-13 can't wait our little guy is excited (and me) to do the vmk quests for his guy. How are the crowds at that time is it busy, noticed the haunted mansion is gonna be closed :crying:

DianeM
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
We're planning a trip for Feb 26-28. We want to get there before Pirates closes for refurb. A trip to DL never feels quite complete without a ride on Pirates. Haven't decided where we are staying, or anything, but we have a date. :-)

DianeM
11-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Someone from Washington state wrote that their kids get the entire week of presiden'ts day off, and a lot of people go to DL. We're planning on going the sunday after president's day, so we can avoid the crowds, but still see the fireworks or fantasm.

We are considering the week after Presidents Day weekend (Feb 20-25). I have never been during that time of the year. How will the crowds be on the Tues-Fri after President's day?

tstan70
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I think we will probably go the week of President's day but go to DL on Tues-Friday so we can be there for my son's 3rd Birthday. Hopefully it won't be too crowded as we have been spoiled the last few years in that we have been able to go several times in the off season. We are also trying to get there before the POTC rehab as my son loves the attraction.

tstan70
11-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I wonder how much a school holiday in Washington State would really effect the crowds at Disneyland. I know that Arizona, Utah and Nevada school holidays can make the crowds larger, but many families from those three states drive to Anaheim due to their proximity, whereas families in Washington and Oregon probably would need to fly to Anaheim thus keeping their numbers smaller.

hmm. Just a thought.

I did look up the school calendar for the Salt Lake City School District (where I live) and we have Monday and Tuesday off around President's day.

I think I will still plan for the week after President's day.

DangerMouse
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Planning Feb. 27-March 1 as our last trip to use our AP's before the expire. Gotta secure a good rate at the HoJo and we'll be all set.

jasonpbyu
11-04-2005, 09:52 PM
trip planning for feb 3-13 can't wait our little guy is excited (and me) to do the vmk quests for his guy. How are the crowds at that time is it busy, noticed the haunted mansion is gonna be closed :crying:

where do you see that haunted mansion is going to be closed during this time? it better not be, it was closed in January this year when the family was there. I dont see it listed on disneyland.com or on the park updates, please tell me you misread! We are going to be there Feb 6 - 11

aussiedisneyfan83
11-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Yep! I'll be there!!!!!!, we are counting down the seconds!

Feb 8th to Feb 22nd.
15 days/14 nights in Disneyland!

keschy
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
We will be there but not sure which dates. Probably sometime in the first 2 weeks of February. Are there any school vacations around that time?

richas
11-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I just signed in on the December Roll call and need to sign in here, too! I am planniing a surprise trip for dd's 15th bday 25-26 -- just Mom and daughter! Ssshhh!

mickey_mania
11-06-2005, 08:28 AM
We are in Washington and have had President's Week off in the past - this year we are off Feb 17-20. We are taking a trip to Disneyland from February 2-February 9 - a little nervous about the weather as we usually go in the early fall!

Debbi Mommy to
Austin, Madison and Tyler

kohl
11-06-2005, 09:03 AM
We usually go the last week in February. Hoping that we make our annual trip!:D

tstan70
11-07-2005, 06:26 AM
where do you see that haunted mansion is going to be closed during this time? it better not be, it was closed in January this year when the family was there. I dont see it listed on disneyland.com or on the park updates, please tell me you misread! We are going to be there Feb 6 - 11

Currently the Disneyland Calendar is down but I remember seeing it last week and The Haunted Mansion was scheduled to be down all of February. I checked out RideRefurbs.com and they show that the Haunted Mansion will be closed from January 18-March 5. http://www.riderefurbs.com/

The downside to going in the off season is that one or more of the major attractions could be down for refurb.

I am thinking of moving my trip back to the first week in March so we can go on POTC before it closes on March 6 and go on Haunted Mansion when it re-opens.

Leash81
11-07-2005, 12:33 PM
My fiance and I will be there the 11th and 12. Our first trip to DL together was for Valentines Day so we always go on the weekend closest to it.

DianeM
11-07-2005, 02:03 PM
I think my husband and i may do the same thing. We were planning on going the last week in february so we could ride POTC, but with this information we may push it one week back and go on March 5-7. The last time we missed HM because it was closed for the holiday refurb. We don't want to miss it again.

I am thinking of moving my trip back to the first week in March so we can go on POTC before it closes on March 6 and go on Haunted Mansion when it re-opens.