PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Soundtrack

mariogarza
11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
So how's Spaces's onboard soundtrack since they opened it???
Does it play normally or not...the Screamin' syndrome

Tinkermommy
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Rode it yesterday...in my humble opinion, sound is GREAT! (Still can't get over how fast that ride seems!)
=(:-O)

HorizonsA
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Music is awsome! I especially love the part when you go over the third lift and the music starts to get higher. Cool. From what I've heard, the music has gone off SOMEtimes, but it's not a recurring problem. And even if the music does go off, it isn't the end of the world. It happens. Don't get all bent-out-of-shape over it like some people I know...:rolleyes: Just keep riding it till you do hear music.

coronado_g
11-03-2005, 11:48 PM
I love this new soundtrack! It's makes you feel like you're witnessing something fantastic and the mysteries of the universe are being revealed right before your eyes. At least that's the way it makes me feel.

CptJackSparrow
11-04-2005, 07:35 AM
The music is awesome--we bought the 6 disc set of DL music and my kids play this one over and over while running crazy around the house.

audibleatom
11-04-2005, 01:15 PM
i think the music on a rollar coaster thing is so cool...years ago i used to listen to my walk man while on coaster rides...was it Disney that first put speakers onto the rides to play music on coasters or did somebody else do it first?

twist1980
11-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I can't wait to get back on Space Mountain! Quick question regarding the music. I bought the two disc 50th anniversary collection and it has the old Space Mt. music and "the new daytime track." Is the daytime track the music that they play on Space now? Just curious since I've been listening to those CD's non-stop!

mariogarza
11-04-2005, 02:20 PM
i think the music on a rollar coaster thing is so cool...years ago i used to listen to my walk man while on coaster rides...was it Disney that first put speakers onto the rides to play music on coasters or did somebody else do it first?

Yes, Disney was the first to do that
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first coaster with audio was DLP's Space Mountain, then DL's Space Mountain, then Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and finally, Screamin'. Anyone knows if Everest will have onboard music?

Is the daytime track the music that they play on Space now? Just curious since I've been listening to those CD's non-stop!

Yes, it is...and untill Rockit Mountain that track is played all day long at Space Mountain.

Clotho
11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
IF Rockit Mountain happens. Which I hope it does. ;)

mariogarza
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM

I hope too...but I'm almost sure it will happen, based on the sign outside of Space; if you look close enough you will read Rockit Mountain in what appears fiber optics, maybe like those they use un ToT sign...will happen unless they have a serious reason for not doing it, which I hope not

mariogarza
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM

I hope too...based on the sign outside of Space; if you look close enough you will read Rockit Mountain in what appears fiber optics, maybe like those they use un ToT sign...it will happen unless they have a serious reason for not doing it, which I hope not...

HorizonsA
11-04-2005, 05:11 PM
^I'm positive it will. If you look on the CD, the Space Mountain music is listed as "DAYtime soundtrack." Why would it say new DAYtime soundtrack and not just new soundtrack? People would start to think, "What's the nighttime soundtrack?" So I think that when Rock It Mountain opens, the Daytime soundtrack will be relevant. Right now, it's kind of confusing to people who don't know about Rock It Mountain now.

leota's necklace
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't like the new soundtrack. The old soundtrack was too perfect to mess with. The new one makes me feel like I am riding an outer-space elevator. It's just...generic and blah.

Leap for Joy
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't like the new soundtrack. The old soundtrack was too perfect to mess with. The new one makes me feel like I am riding an outer-space elevator. It's just...generic and blah.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I miss the old music!!

Opus1guy
11-05-2005, 02:56 PM

I too prefer legendary surf-rocker Dick Dale's incredible guitar riff on the old Space Mountain track, as well. I do like the new track (by "The Incredibles'" Michael Giacchino), but I just don't think it comes anywhere near the great syncing and punched-up experience of Dale's matching with the dips and turns of the Mountain. They were really perfect and added much to the attraction's fun.

It will be interesting to see how Rockit Mountain's track will play and compare. But I wouldn't be upset if they brought back Dale for the nighttime version. Not one bit.