PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland(R) Resort Appoints New Senior Vice President of Marketing

Darkbeer
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

Jim Alessandro Will Continue the Marketing Momentum of Disneyland's
18-Month-long 50th Anniversary Celebration

ANAHEIM, Calif., Nov. 3 -- Jim Alessandro has joined theDisneyland Resort as Senior Vice President, Marketing.

Alessandro comes to Southern California from Disneyland Resort Paris where he recently completed an assignment as Vice President, Global Marketing Support.

In his new role, Alessandro will lead all aspects of marketing including advertising, press and publicity, marketing strategy, special events and alliance marketing. He will be instrumental in enhancing additional initiatives to showcase Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration. The 18-month event kicked off on May 5 and is scheduled to continue through September 2006.

"I have worked closely with Jim in other assignments at Disney and have been impressed with his creativity and innovative thinking," said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort. "He will be a valuable addition to our leadership team as we continue to build on the marketing momentum created by Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration."

"It's a thrill to be in Anaheim and at Disneyland, the park that started it all in 1955," Alessandro said. "It is an exciting time for me to join the Disneyland Resort team just as the launch of the 50th anniversary is off to a great start. Our focus will be to keep that momentum alive. On a personal note, my family and I are looking forward to getting involved in the community."

Alessandro has more than 20 years of marketing and communications strategy experience. A 12-year veteran of The Walt Disney Company, he has served as Vice President, Marketing for the Disney Cruise Line and Director, Brand Management at the Walt Disney Resort. In that role, he was responsible for providing brand management support for each of the four Walt Disney World theme parks, as well as its water parks, Downtown Disney and Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Before joining The Walt Disney Company, Alessandro worked for two advertising agencies: Saatchi and Saatchi in Los Angeles and Foote Cone and Belding in Chicago. He is a native of Cleveland Heights, Ohio and a graduate of Miami University of Ohio.

Alessandro replaces Marty Muller who returns to her previous role as Senior Vice President, Global Marketing-Creative for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in Burbank.

olegc
11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
So - another person brought over from Matt's contacts at Cruise Line.. I think this is a good hire... DLR Paris has had some interesting events and in-park activities over certain periods and has had good success- particularly with halloween and the pumpkin men. Now I hope that this focus on getting folks to come to the parks there will work here. I agree that they have not necessarily pulled the numbers in with these events - BUT - the demographic here of a high number of locals I think fits nicely with that element..

I am waiting for the AP only events to come back. One thing to make all of these price increases worht the impact.