PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Stayed at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn?

disneyland addict13
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
We're leaving a bit earlier than planned for our Disneyland trip next week and booked two nights at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn. We'll be staying at The Grand Californian for the remainder of our trip. Has anybody stayed at the Fairfield who could give a little summary of their experience there? Thanks so much to anyone you can help.

AngelInside
11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
We're leaving a bit earlier than planned for our Disneyland trip next week and booked two nights at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn. We'll be staying at The Grand Californian for the remainder of our trip. Has anybody stayed at the Fairfield who could give a little summary of their experience there? Thanks so much to anyone you can help.

It's close to DL, clean rooms, not much else to it though. not enough parking spaces, and you always have to go in through the front so you might have a lomg walk if you have a room on the back side. but all n all, good hotel. have a great trip!

disneyland addict13
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
It's close to DL, clean rooms, not much else to it though. not enough parking spaces, and you always have to go in through the front so you might have a lomg walk if you have a room on the back side. but all n all, good hotel. have a great trip!

Thanks! I'm not sure where our room is though...

tstan70
11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
We have stayed at the Anaheim Fairfield. It is close enough to walk and not worry about a shuttle, but little legs can get tired walking back at the end of a long day.

Marriott didn't build the hotel but changed it to a Fairfield after buying it a few years back. It is the only Fairfield in the chain that doesn't have a free breakfast. The rooms are decent size and they got all new beds a couple of years ago. (some of the older reviews are not applicable to the hotel now as they have changed a bunch) The rooms are pretty cheery and decorated with Disney prints. Since it was not originally a Marriot property, some things are lacking a bit - the pool is very small, the laundry facilities are outdoors and pretty much suck, and there is only one small little cafe on the third floor.

It really is a decent place to stay if your reason for visiting is to go to DL. IF you are looking for a resort, than wait until you get to the GCH. We stay there because it is clean, nice and I can stay for cheap on a Marriott discount and we spend most of our time across the street and not at the hotel.

disneyland addict13
11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
We have stayed at the Anaheim Fairfield. It is close enough to walk and not worry about a shuttle, but little legs can get tired walking back at the end of a long day.

Marriott didn't build the hotel but changed it to a Fairfield after buying it a few years back. It is the only Fairfield in the chain that doesn't have a free breakfast. The rooms are decent size and they got all new beds a couple of years ago. (some of the older reviews are not applicable to the hotel now as they have changed a bunch) The rooms are pretty cheery and decorated with Disney prints. Since it was not originally a Marriot property, some things are lacking a bit - the pool is very small, the laundry facilities are outdoors and pretty much suck, and there is only one small little cafe on the third floor.

It really is a decent place to stay if your reason for visiting is to go to DL. IF you are looking for a resort, than wait until you get to the GCH. We stay there because it is clean, nice and I can stay for cheap on a Marriott discount and we spend most of our time across the street and not at the hotel.

Yeah we've stayed at the GCH quite a few times and we absolutely love it! Thanks for your opinion!

hlbtimes2
11-03-2005, 06:30 PM
We stayed there in Dec. 2003. We were happy with our stay, no complaints. There is a resturant in the parking lot, with decent food. Kids ate free while we were there, dont know if that is still the case.

We would stay there again without a second thought.

HILNDKID
11-04-2005, 06:16 AM
We stayed there a couple of years ago, decent hotel, nothing fancy but all you really need if you are going to disneyland. This trip we are trying the HoJo, we are leaving in less than 2 weeks!

nightdesigns
11-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm surprised to hear that one doesn't offer breakfast. I've said at the Fairfield in carlsbad and it was by far the best free breakfast I ever had. People were cooking eggs any way you wanted, french toast, pancakes, everything made fresh.

losaitkens
11-04-2005, 09:03 AM
We have stayed there 2 or 3 times as we use all the marriott rewards points my husband racks up from work to get free nights. I like the hotel a lot- pretty friendly staff and Disney prints in all the rooms. I always request a room on the park facing side and on one of the high floors. From the top 2 or 3 floors you can get a pretty decent view of the park. The staff really works hard to honor requests, especially if you are in their rewards program. Last time we went, the girl explained to me how she had blocked off all the reward members rooms the night before to secure their preferences. I actually had to let the room she had blocked off for us go because I was alone with my two kids and needed to get into a room early so we coulp all take a nap.

The parking is tough, especially if you have a large vechile but it is managable. There is a McDonalds practially on property which is great for grab and go and the Mimi's on the other side is our favorite.

Each room also has a little fridge which is a nice convenience. The walk is tolerable but seems longer at the end of the day. Someone recently clocked mileage though and the distance to fairfield Inn is about the same distance to the main tower at the Disneyland Hotel so it really isn't as far as it seems.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip. We will be there late next week also!

Nicole

AlbertaMinnie
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
It's O.K. Our stay there was March 2004. We generally stay at the Carousel, and really missed not having the free breakfast. The cafe on the third floor was good, but you have to get their early in order to have a good selection. Our room faced out the back of the building so the only view we had was of the smog and the freeway. We found it just that much too far away from the park for my dd's (then 7 and 9). My little dd and I were approached and followed by a street person that was in the bushes behind Mimis but the manager quickly came out and assisted us. A little spooky. Other than that, nothing really bad happened there, and everyones experiences are different, but we came away feeling that we wouldn't be staying there again. My personal opinion is that staying at the Fairfield will make you really appreciate the GCH even that much more.

tstan70
11-04-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm surprised to hear that one doesn't offer breakfast. I've said at the Fairfield in carlsbad and it was by far the best free breakfast I ever had. People were cooking eggs any way you wanted, french toast, pancakes, everything made fresh.

From what I understand from an insider is that the reason for no breakfast is that the building was not built by Marriott and it wasn't set up for an area that would accomadate a free breakfast for a hotel of its size. They practically go out of there way online to advertise that "FREE BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED" with the room.

If you are interested in a free breakfast, the breakfast buffet at the Marriott Residence Inn on Clemintine is pretty good and the rooms are not that much more than at Fairfield - Although the walk is a lot longer at the Residence Inn

MyBeast
11-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Actually, Most Fairfield Inns have 100 rooms, the Anaheim Fairfield has 467, so there is no room for a breakfast and its impractical moneywise to provide it. Any other hotel with that many rooms will not offer a continental breakfast either. The cafe on the third floor is really good, has cereals and stuff for breakfast. The beds are super comfy. Request a room with a Disney View if you can, but just remember, its a request and not a guarentee, so they'll try their best to accomadate you, especially if you are nice to them.

tstan70
11-07-2005, 05:57 AM
I really enjoy staying at the Fairfield Inn, but I do not care for the 3rd floor cafe at all.

If you are looking for cereal and such for breakfast, I would suggest going to the grocery store and buying a box of cereal, some milk and some plastic bowls and spoons. Every room has a small fridge, so you could keep your milk there and save a bunch of money.

Or just go to the McDonald's in the parking lot - it is better and less expensive than the cafe