PDA

View Full Version : Opus Archives: 1971 Disneyland Operating Calendar

Opus1guy
11-03-2005, 02:43 PM
From the Opus Archives (meaning I was moving some dusty old boxes in the garage today and these sorta just popped out):

A couple of Disneyland Park Operating Hours Calendars from 1971.

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/dlcalendars71.jpg

Of perhaps some interest...the standard 8am to 1am Summer operating hours 7 days a week, followed by shorting hours and going back to being totally closed on Mondays and Tuesdays by mid-September (lots of people don't believe me when I tell them that Disneyland used to be closed Mondays and Tuesdays most of the year).

Also note that Private Parties were listed. It's kinda interesting that the public calendars (as these were) that were mailed and given to Guests, actually showed Private Party dates and times on them back then.

Also shown is my old 3x5 index card (probably from the late 60s) for Disneyland. Note the old-style telephone "exchange" codes of "MA" for Madison (6,2 on the dial) and "KE" for Keystone (5,3 on the dial). MA was the exchange you used to make free "local" phone calls to Disneyland from the Studio/Hollywood/Los Angeles areas. KE was the local Anaheim exchange that was used to call Disneyland locally from within some parts of Orange County.

Hmmm. Wonder if you had the proper area code, if either of these numbers would still ring through to Disneyland? ;)

MermaidHair
11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing your little bit of Disney history :)

disneyhound
11-03-2005, 03:07 PM
...Also shown is my old 3x5 index card (probably from the late 60s) for Disneyland. Note the old-style telephone "exchange" codes of "MA" for Madison (6,2 on the dial) and "KE" for Keystone (5,3 on the dial)...

I remember those exchanges from when I was a crumb-cruncher! Ours was "GL" for Gladstones!

Rhiannon8404
11-03-2005, 04:31 PM
That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that.

GeminiAngel
11-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Thank you for sharing!! those are the kind of things you put in a frame and hang on a wall.

Werner
11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks Opus1Guy -- that is so cool! Ah, those summer nights that lasted 'til 1am (with an additional hour for our shopping convenience!) Am curious what the initials refer to on the August dates? Thanks for sharing!

coronado_g
11-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Wow Opus ~ You must sure save a lot of stuff in that garage! Thanks for the peek into the DL past.

tod
11-04-2005, 05:47 AM
I remember that -- 626-8605 being the 213 area code number or Disneyland.

It still works, but it just connects to a recoding directing you to hang up and call this number if you're a Guest looking for information, and this number if you're a Cast Member trying to reach the switchboard.

Thanks for the memory jog, Opus.

--t