PDA

View Full Version : driving directions question

dlandfan
11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry if this seems a little obsessive, but I have a question about driving directions. We will be arriving at John Wayne airport on the Saturday morning before Thanksgiving and driving a rental car to the Disneyland Hotel to check-in. This will be about 9:30am. I imagine that lots of other folks are arriving at the resort at that time as well. Which is the quicker route to the hotel from northbound I-5 - Exit to Katella and then over to Disneyland Dr. and up to the hotel or exit to Harbor Blvd. and take Ball Rd. over to Disneyland Dr. and down to the hotel? Thanks for your help.

Darkbeer
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
If you are coming in from John Wayne, and getting a rental car at the Airport, the best route, if you qualify, is the carpool lanes, get on 55 north and get into the carpool lane as quickly as possible, when you get to the I-5, you will take a special carpool exit that eliminates a lot of headaches, then you stay in the Carpool lane to the special Carpool Lane exit for Disney Way. Follow that to Harbor, then make a left. Go down one light to Katella, make a right. Then take the next possible right onto Disneyland Drive. Follow that to Magic Way (3 lights), make a left, then go two blocks to the Disneyland Hotel entrance.

Wendi
11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Cool, thanks for the carpool tip, Darkbeer! I have a carpool question, how many people does it take to make a carpool down there? I'll only have two people... I'm thinking SoCal still has only 2 people required for carpool, but it's been a few months since I was down there.

Darkbeer
11-02-2005, 08:28 PM
In all public carpool lanes, it is 2 persons.

On the 91 toll lanes, they have a 3 person policy, but you have to sign up for Fastrack to use the lanes.

dlandfan
11-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks Darkbeer!

myeager
11-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Sorry if this seems a little obsessive, but I have a question about driving directions. We will be arriving at John Wayne airport on the Saturday morning before Thanksgiving and driving a rental car to the Disneyland Hotel to check-in. This will be about 9:30am. I imagine that lots of other folks are arriving at the resort at that time as well. Which is the quicker route to the hotel from northbound I-5 - Exit to Katella and then over to Disneyland Dr. and up to the hotel or exit to Harbor Blvd. and take Ball Rd. over to Disneyland Dr. and down to the hotel? Thanks for your help.

We will be doing the same thing, only arriving about 1/2 hour after you. How long are you staying at the DLH?

dlandfan
11-04-2005, 08:54 AM
4 nights. We'll be spending Thanksgiving and the rest of the weekend with family in San Diego. Our last visit to Disneyland was during Halloween in 2004. This will be our first time at the DLH, first visit during the 50th anniversary and first time during the Christmas season! Can't wait!

audibleatom
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
if you haven't seen the park in the 50th anniversary mode you are going to be really impressed the park has never looked better. and with the x-mas decorations it lookes even better. enjoy!!