PDA

View Full Version : Do the holiday decorations stay up after Christmas?

CariBelle
11-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I've ever been to DL during the holidays and I really want to make it this year, just in case this turns out to be the last year for HHM, but my time is really sparse right now and a trip after Christmas would be much easier, but do the decoration remain in place after the holiday?

mi_mous
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, they are up after Christmas. I belive they come down the first week in January sometime.. the 6th this year? I am not sure, but if you go after Christmas, and before the new year, you will get the decorations!!
You will love it too!!

JookyG
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
That's also the BUSIEST week at Disneyland. Thank goodness for FastPass, eh?

disneyhound
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
HM and IASW holiday overlays are scheduled to be removed starting January 9th, from what I have been able to determine, that is when most Holiday stuff will be removed...

Darkbeer
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
The Disney Press Release says that most everything will be offered thru January 2nd...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=49026

The Christmas Parade ends the 1st.

Expect to see a lot of Decorations coming down on the 3rd, and continuing throughout the week.

HMH and iaswh are staying operational due to the expected larger than normal crowds expected in the first full week of January, since many school districts will have the week off, including LA Unified and Anaheim.

pisces
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I've ever been to DL during the holidays and I really want to make it this year, just in case this turns out to be the last year for HHM, but my time is really sparse right now and a trip after Christmas would be much easier, but do the decoration remain in place after the holiday?

This is the last year for HMH??? :confused: :(

mariogarza
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
This is the last year for HMH??? :confused: :(
So they say...just rumors...

disneyhound
11-03-2005, 05:08 AM
...HMH and iaswh are staying operational due to the expected larger than normal crowds expected in the first full week of January, since many school districts will have the week off, including LA Unified and Anaheim.

Darkbeer, stop saying that, the crowds are going to be minimal, they have to be. Yes I am in denial, we ususally have the parks all to ourselves in early January... So, if the crowds are up, I hope HMH will be worth our vacation date selection this year!

CariBelle
11-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone!

Viva La Disney
12-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Hey:D

Does anyone know how long DLR usually keeps their Christmas decor up?

charpaul
12-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Jan. 3rd. That is when it all starts to disappear.
The end ofthe holiday season this year is Jan. 2. That is when they go back to regular schedule. Not all of it be gone overnight. But it goes away quickly....

Viva La Disney
12-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Okay, thanks. They'll be up when I go :D

MtnBob
12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Does anyone happen to know how long the Christmas decorations, parades, overlays, and whatnot will last? In the past I've seen them extended well into January but so far haven't heard anything for this year.

12-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Bump!

stan4d_steph
12-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Does anyone happen to know how long the Christmas decorations, parades, overlays, and whatnot will last? In the past I've seen them extended well into January but so far haven't heard anything for this year.Threads merged. See above for the answer to your question. Most things will end and start coming down next week.