PDA

View Full Version : Has There Been A Change To Premium APs?

olddumbguy
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I thought there was an option to purchase a premium AP w/parking for $349, and/or purchase one without parking for $30-40 less. It seems that option is no longer available. Am I missing something?

I'm looking at Disney's website, http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/ticketListing?name=TicketListingPage&#apAnchor

ozbeauticn
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
You can purchase the other annual passes with or without parking, but Premium includes it no matter what.

olddumbguy
11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
That really, really sucks. Bad enough I'm paying full price for a 4 year old, she doesnt need parking, too.

mi_mous
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM
That does suck. But, hey, if she goes with someone who doesn't have an AP, she can pick up the tab for parking!! ( I would be mad if they challenge that one!)

stan4d_steph
11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
From what I recall, it's been a while since parking was separate from Premium passes. You could consider getting her a Deluxe pass, unless you'd run into too many blockout dates.

Opus1guy
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Goin' all historical here, but does anyone remember back when for a year or two you could purchase a Premium VIP Parking add-on to the Premium Annual Pass?

I'm not talking about just adding on parking. It was Premium VIP Parking that got you a spot right up by Disneyland's front gate, back when there was a parking lot out in front of Disneyland.

It was the "C" lot if I recall. The same one that Club 33 members could park in and also near where handicap parking used to be.

That was a sweet spot to park! You didn't even need a locker or a tram. You could just hop out of the park real quick by walking the few yards to your car to store or get anything to/from it. :)

Aaaaah...the good old days of the Parking Lot. :)

cstephens
11-02-2005, 02:27 PM
That really, really sucks. Bad enough I'm paying full price for a 4 year old, she doesnt need parking, too.

But for a premium AP, it's an add-on. There may be a number of other things (certain rides she's not tall enough for) included with the premium AP that she doesn't need, but you're paying for that too. Someone might live close enough to walk or bike to the resort and so also doesn't need parking, but that's part of the deal.

Heck, there are a host of rides I don't go on in both DL and DCA, so shouldn't I get to pay less than someone who *does* go on all of those? Nope - it's a package deal, whether you take advantage of all its aspects or not.