PDA

View Full Version : Off Site Hotel Motel Recommendations?

ToursbabeC3po
11-02-2005, 10:43 AM
What Hotel/motels do you recommend near Disneyland? (walking distance) I have friends coming from out of state 6 people total. They do not want to stay onsite because they are on a budget but don't want to be in a dirty place ether. I live so close I have never stayed anywhere but home so I am clueless.
Also, Two of them are in a wheelchair if that makes a differance.
Thanks for your Help!
Toursbabe

hefferdude
11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Our family picks are Hojo, Candy Cane Inn ( both on Harbor ) and if we decide on a suite, the Marriott Residence Inn ( on Clementine ) Hojo and RI required the ARTS to get around. At last check the CCI still had its own shuttle. We pick one of these depending on our length and type of stay. There are a lot of other good choices but we go with one of these three for $$ vs :) .
If you live close by, take a few hours and go check around. Most hotels will let you look at a room if you ask.

BTW - HJ has some pretty good discounts for AP, AAA and the like.

hlbtimes2
11-02-2005, 11:04 AM
We stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Dec. 2003. We really liked it. I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again.

blackjackdelta
11-02-2005, 11:18 AM
We stayed at the RI on Clementine for for a week in August and it worked very well for this family of 6. You may want to look at the sticky at the top of the forum main page or www.tripadvisor.com. We loved the free shopping and the clean rooms.

Opus1guy
11-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I recommend the Sheraton Anaheim.

There have been many threads on off-property hotels. Here's just one of them for you to review if you wish:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36504

stan4d_steph
11-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Also check out the MousePlanet Review Database.

mi_mous
11-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I loved the Candy Cane Inn!! The Residence Inn is very nice as well.

potterphreak
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Definitely recommend the Desert Inn and Suites!! It's super close to the parks, walking wise, several different room types AND very affordable! The continental breakfast is a little pitiful (danishes, fruit, juice, milk, toast) and the pool is not as heated as I would have liked, but the rooms are awesome!!

Aussie MouseFan
11-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Holiday Inn Express on Katella is also a good choice

TDBearGrrl
11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
We stayed at the Raddison a couple of weeks ago and it was really nice. We payed about $75 a night.

JookyG
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I won't stay anywhere that isn't within 1/2 block of the main entrance on S. Harbor Blvd. There's several good value motels there within a 5 minute walk from the esplanade. It seems like you end up paying about $25/night more to be that close, but it beats having to wait around for the hotel shuttle. Plus, a mid-day nap is one of the best ways to make sure you have a good time during a long, busy day in the park.

Do not stay in a place that charges less than $70/night for a room within walking distance of the entrance. You get what you pay for!!! I've read a couple reviews for such rooms, and they had comments like, "if you love your family, don't stay here!" Always check TripAdvisor for lodging reviews. In fact, they have a popularity index of all the Anaheim hotels/motels.

My favorite is the Tropicana Inn & Suites. Other popular places are Candy Cane Inn and Carousel Inn--I've never stayed at these but they get good reviews.

crasher11
11-02-2005, 03:02 PM
We stayed at the Tropicana Inn when we there in June.. Oh it was nice to have a hotel so close at the end of the day.. No shuttles to wait for and we went back to relax in the early afternoon when the park got busy. It was a big plus for us. We will stay at the Tropicana Inn next time we go.

Here is a pic looking back at the hotels on S. Harbor at the cross walk from the entrance to Disneyland walkway. Tropicana inn is the third Hotel to your left , has banners hanging in the archway... Great place for us IMO

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/crasher11/harborblvdcrossing.jpg

ToursbabeC3po
11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone I am sending her the link to this thread right now! I am so excited to take them!!! I love taking people to Disney that have never been before it is an awesome experiance!
(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Toursbabe

GeminiAngel
11-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Definitely recommend the Desert Inn and Suites!! It's super close to the parks, walking wise, several different room types AND very affordable! The continental breakfast is a little pitiful (danishes, fruit, juice, milk, toast) and the pool is not as heated as I would have liked, but the rooms are awesome!!
I'll be there in Feb. we got Family B suite (its two rooms with a joining door inside) for $377 for 3 nights. so $188 for me, and $188 for my parents!! Awesome sized rooms. this will be my third stay there.

GrumpyUTboi
11-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I second the Tropicana Inn. With 4 small children it makes sense to stay there. We stayed at the Candy Cane in, but the walk was really horrible with 4 small children. We stayed there the first year we went to DL and we didn't realize that there was a Downtown District nor could we have gone to the district after visiting the parks due to the fact that Art stops a half hour after the park closes.