PDA

View Full Version : Parking at DLR

HydroGuy
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I haven't had to park at DLR since DCA grabbed the parking lot. We are going on a day trip Thanksgiving week and DL will open at 8AM. We will be staying the night before at a good neighbor, but can't leave our car there past 3PM. We plan to be at the DL gate at 7:30AM.

1. What time do the parking lots open?

2. Is there any reason to choose Timon over Mickey & Friends or vice versa? The hotel will be closer to Timon.

3. My family can hold our place in line at the gate, so I just need to park and be back to the gate by 8AM. Is it faster to take a tram or just walk from the parking lots?

4. If the park is open until midnight, I assume the parking lots will be open until after midnight. Right?

Darkbeer
11-02-2005, 11:32 AM
1. Usually one hour prior to park opening, so 7 AM, but earlier if there is Early Entry that day (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday).

2. I would pick Timon, it is closer, and less walk to the nearest tram stop. But Timon is not always open, sometimes they will collwct your money at the Harbor Blvd entrance, and then send you behind DCA to the Parking Structure. Occasionally, they will send you to the parking lot behind the PPH, the worst thing there is the fact there is NO tram service.

3. I presume the guests around you won't mind one extra person joining the group, so you could leave the family at the Main Entry Plaza (there is a passenger dropoff on Harbor, just south of the Pedistrian entrance.) and then park. As for walking versus the tram, they are really about the same, unless the trams are backed up, then walking is faster.

4. There is no "closing" time on the parking lots, the exit is always open, no worries.

mi_mous
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I got there one day, I think it was a Sunday, and Disneyland was supposed to open at 8am. They didn't open up Mickey and friends till about 7:30 am, and Timon and Puumba was closed as well.
Don't know if they got a late start to the day, but there was a line of cars waiting to get in... they weren't happy either.

potzbie
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I got there one day, I think it was a Sunday, and Disneyland was supposed to open at 8am. They didn't open up Mickey and friends till about 7:30 am, and Timon and Puumba was closed as well.

That matches my experience.
For an 8:00 a.m. opening, MICKEY AND FRIENDS opens at 7:30 a.m.

FatAl
11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
You can always check in early at your "good neighbor hotel". In most cases, it will let you park for free on the day that you plan to stay.

HydroGuy
11-02-2005, 05:04 PM
You can always check in early at your "good neighbor hotel". In most cases, it will let you park for free on the day that you plan to stay.We are checking out the day we go to DLR. We need to clear out by 3PM.

MrsG
11-02-2005, 05:55 PM
They don't let cars into the Timon lot until 9:30 or 10:00 normally.

HydroGuy
11-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.