PDA

View Full Version : Soap Opera Bistro?

cyberRoo
03-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Has anyone eaten at DCA's Soap Opera Bistro? I don't watch any soaps, so I'm wondering if the theming/experience is worthwhile? We loved several of the restaurants at WDW - and I'd love to recapture that magic.

Also, can you call for advance reservations/priority seating? i've lost track of how that works!

Thanks!

MonorailMan
03-12-2002, 06:37 PM
I've never been there, heck I've never steped into DCA, but other people say the foold is good. :)

Uncle Dick
03-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by cyberRoo
Has anyone eaten at DCA's Soap Opera Bistro? I don't watch any soaps, so I'm wondering if the theming/experience is worthwhile? We loved several of the restaurants at WDW - and I'd love to recapture that magic.

Thanks!
They've started offering tours of the restaurant to passersby who are interested in seeing the inside without paying the price to eat there. You might try that before making any reservations. I might try the tour this weekend and report back next week....

downingfamily1
03-13-2002, 10:21 AM
We ate at there in December and had a great time. The food was good and the theming is fun. I don't watch soaps anymore, but it was still fun. While we were there they did a skit that included at least one person from every table. My 6 year old was a little confused by the people who started arguing in the restaurant, especially when he ended up being their son "Jimmy."
It was hilarious and the actors were so amazing at working people and their reactions into the skit. It was a great time and my husband and I are planning on going back in June when we make a solo trip for our anniversary.