PDA

View Full Version : What's with "Crap Island" at DCA?

justagrrl
03-12-2002, 02:35 PM
We've noticed it for weeks now - and I was just reading in the DIG that we aren't the only ones. At least put a white "cover" on the fake island so it's not so obvious? Or get a few people out in those boats to scrub the thing down? OR - get this - Put something neato looking out there?

Of course - having a bunch of bird crap all over everything does fit the California theme somewhat. My car got bombed big time the other day - the size of the bird must have been enormous! ;)

Uncle Dick
03-12-2002, 03:17 PM
They should add a stone textured shell over the top of the platform and call it "Morro Rock".

Dreamstaker
03-12-2002, 03:59 PM
We could paint targets on it. Make the spray gun in the kids play area stronger and have kids clean it off.

lilblckrncloud
03-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
They should add a stone textured shell over the top of the platform and call it "Morro Rock".

LOLOL - That would fit very nicely with the California theme. I think we should mount a campaign to turn that spectacular idea into a reality!

Uncle Dick
03-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Looks like all the rain Sunday night washed off "the Island". Yesterday it looked like an authentic green circus tent in the middle of a large body of water instead of the "white" variety. We'll see how long it lasts. :)

mrcoffee
03-19-2002, 07:51 PM
How about this:

Transform the tent-looking-thing into something that looks like a pier.

Are you following me?

Next, you add a few animatronic sea lions.

Still with me?

Stick a Pier 39 sign on it, and you have instant attraction! And it evens fits in with DCA!

Booya!

Thomas

malin
03-20-2002, 02:05 PM
At least the birds are leaving the guest alone.

AliKzam
03-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
My car got bombed big time the other day - the size of the bird must have been enormous! ;)

The bird that did that was probably of the everyday Disneyland Resort variety. Those birds eat like royalty!
To quote "Mary Poppins": "Feed the birds...nonsense! Feed the birds, what do you get? Fat birds!"
The poor thing probably would've exploded if it's present to you wasn't so big.