PDA

View Full Version : Sunset

maryjeane
10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
What time is it getting dark at Disneyland right now? We're in Seattle and it's dark by 5. The parade is at 6:00 when we are there (Nov. 14-19). Do they really do it in the dark? I thought they did it more at dusk. I know it will get darker a little later further south, but don't think it's that much later than here.

Any of you Southern CA want to answer this?

hlbtimes2
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
According to weather.com their sunset is only about 5-7 minutes behind us right now (I'm in Seattle too). The parade would be fine in the dark, the floats all have lights.

disneyhound
10-31-2005, 05:07 PM
beyond any light on the floats, the parade route has many light sources in various colors, full on Disney effects!

Darkbeer
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Certain areas of the Parade Route are better lit than others, if you want good lighting, anywhere on Main Street or near it's a small world are your best choices.

DaddyB
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
As someone else said, the floats have their own lighting, some of it is quite wonderful. There wouldn't be any problem with the parade going at 9pm (other than the lack of fireworks at that time!)

It's only the second night after the time change, so it's kinda' early to tell. It's getting dusky right around 5, but not really 'dark' til 6-ish. It's 6:26pm right now as I write this, and it's full on dark outside.

It'll keep getting darker earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was full-on dark by 6pm by mid November.

maryjeane
10-31-2005, 07:51 PM
It'll keep getting darker earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was full-on dark by 6pm by mid November.That's what I figured since we're just about dark by 5 - completely dark by 5:30 and we're still 2 weeks away.

Thanks everyone!

AngelInside
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes, they still have the parades in the dark. We were there for the 7pm parade about 2 weeks ago and yes it was dark already by 6pm. The pictures don't turn out so great, so if you want to take pictures I would suggest going to the 3:15 parade. But they only have those on the weekends.
I live in Southern California and it gets dark here around 530.
OH! you might want to check also, the calender on the Disneyland website, Cause I think with the Holiday festivities. The "Dreams Come True" Parade is at 11am, and then there's a special Christmas parade that shows 2 times. I'm not sure when they start, I'm thinking the weekend before thanksgiving holiday, but I could be wrong. Hope this info helps.

annieb727
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
actually, we went to a day time parade and a night-time one...the night-time was actually a lot better in my opinion...the floats were lit up and it was really cool.

hefferdude
11-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Disneyland takes on a special quality at night, specially right after a brief sprinkle to wet things down. Pure lighttime magic.:cool: