PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Technology Grows Up -- Wired News, 2005-10-31

cocoabeach
10-31-2005, 09:56 AM
In case anyone is interested, MousePlanet is in the news today for Wired magazine's news.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,69297,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1

It's about the technology at Disney becoming more interactive. It mentions the Mickey tour guide toy and the hunt on Tom's Sawyer's Island for Injun Joes gold. I never even knew about the DL Buzz ride addition where online players affect the real world ride for bonus points.

Andrew
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the link!

Andrew
10-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Disney's Technology Grows Up (http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,69297,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1) -- Wired News, 2005-10-31

At the Turtle Talk With Crush exhibit at Disney's California Adventure theme park, Crush the sea turtle makes a cameo like those at the start of most Disney rides. Nothing seems out of the ordinary as the character goes though the script with a cast member, until the Finding Nemo star takes questions from the audience.

"I want to talk to this little dude in the purple shirt," Crush says, "the one up in front, on the left."

Crush is referring to a real guest in the "Human Tank." In a moment he starts answering questions from random children, doing the backstroke on command and guffawing when a girl asks him how he can hold his breath and talk underwater.

The linked article quotes MousePlanet's Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

DianeM
10-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Wow - I wish I'd known about Pal Mickey when we took my 6 yo nephew to the park a few weeks ago. He would have loved that. I may get one for myself next time we go, then give it to them afterwards. Thanks for the link.

It's about the technology at Disney becoming more interactive. It mentions the Mickey tour guide toy and the hunt on Tom's Sawyer's Island for Injun Joes gold. I never even knew about the DL Buzz ride addition where online players affect the real world ride for bonus points.

potterphreak
10-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Is a "Pal Mickey" available at Disneyland? The article says it is, but when you click on the link, it takes to the Disney World site. I would love one for the 'land, how fun!!
If it IS available, where can I purchase it? How much, does anyone know?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Donald Duck Fan68
10-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Has anyone ever seen or purchased the Pal Mickey at Anaheim? The link in the article takes you to all the info at WDW, but when I went to the DLR website and did a search, I couldn't find confirmation that it is available.

olegc
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Has anyone ever seen or purchased the Pal Mickey at Anaheim? The link in the article takes you to all the info at WDW, but when I went to the DLR website and did a search, I couldn't find confirmation that it is available.

Pal Mickey is currently NOT available in Anaheim...