PDA

View Full Version : Probably a dumb question but I'm a rookie

Boo 2 U
10-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Sorry, another question for ya ....

Can I bring food on an airplane ... like stuff in my suitcase, granola bars, etc? Also, can we bring food and drinks into the park? Also, is it shorts and t-shirt weather during the day and sweatshirts at night? It's almost time to start packing, I was just curious ... Oh, and one more -- on Darkbeers photo thing, I saw a caption that said the Millionaire sign was down, is it closed? :(
I'm so sad It's a Small world is closed while I'm there, I love that ride, bring backs memories ... wish I could see it dressed for the holidays, but I'll be leaving before the opening on Friday evening.
Thanks again!
Boo

bassett1976
10-30-2005, 04:26 PM
You should be able to bring food onto the airplane. You can bring some food into the parks, you cannot bring in a cooler so it will have to be in your backpack/bag. Right now, the day is T-shirt weather. I beleive the inland LA area is going to be in the high 80s tomorrow and Tuesday and then down to the mid 70s through Friday. Millionaire hasn't been opened in about a year or so, sorry it will not be open. If Small World is set to open on Friday, you might be able to catch a soft opening on Wednesday or Thursday if your lucky.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

GrumpyUTboi
10-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Yes you can take food on the airplane and I would suggest doing so. One thing that I learned the first time we went to DL, that is drive to DL. That way we can bring all the food that we want as well with all the bottled water we can bring. It saves a lot of money and we are able to drive a few miles away from the resort to get cheaper food. it is only a 10 hour drive for us, so it is feasible.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
We always bring food on the airplane. We will get Burger King or whatever they have in the terminal. Also, I pack stuff like granola bars from home. I always want to be prepared. Bring water! I always like to have a large bottle of water too. Have a great trip!!!

adriennek
10-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes, the Millionaire attraction/show closed quite some time ago.

Adrienne

twist1980
10-30-2005, 05:24 PM
We always bring food on the airplane. We will get Burger King or whatever they have in the terminal. Also, I pack stuff like granola bars from home. I always want to be prepared. Bring water! I always like to have a large bottle of water too. Have a great trip!!!

I've had some flight attendants say no to food like Burger King. They made me finish my Starbucks before I got on the plane last year (imagine...the nerve :D )! So I would be careful with food like that. Water bottles and snacky foods are fine. I always bring those!

Leap for Joy
10-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Just don't put soda in your checked luggage...

Susan L
10-30-2005, 06:17 PM
I always bring food on airplanes. I'm a diabetic so I have to have something with me just in case my blood sugar decides to drop to low. Same with taking food in the park.

If you are driving you don't have to bring a bunch of food with you. Just bring what you need for the trip there, then stock up when you get there.

Never drink the tap water in Anaheim - ick!

tink360
10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Those little pre-packaged tuna salad & crackers packs from bumble bee are great to take on a plane. It is somewhat crush proof (more than a wrapped sandwich anyhow) & won't make a mess, at least not until it's opened.

Mac_gurl
10-30-2005, 06:42 PM
I too, also have a suitcase full of snacks and bottled water. And even better, once all those snacks are gone, that empty suitcase will be perfect for bringing all my purchases home ;)

SuefromRI
10-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I have brought bagels or muffins from Dunkin Donuts. Also, sandwiches or salads from TGIF or from the airport kiosk and have never had a problem carrying it on out in the open. If you bring something in a carry on bag they won't even know til they see you eating it. Since they don't serve food anymore on planes, how can they complain if you bring your own?

DianeM
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
LOL. I've taken cases of wine, homemade jam, candy, fruitcake, nuts, and more in my suitcase when travelling by plane across the border to Canada. My husband and I put together gift baskets for his family at Christmas, and it generally requires an extra suitcase on the way out. Nobody ever challenged us, although we did have to pay a small customs fee for the wine. I always take a snack in my carry on, too, and nobody has ever challenged me. I suppose they might for food that wasn't packaged well or was too messy, though.

Sorry, another question for ya ....

Can I bring food on an airplane ... like stuff in my suitcase, granola bars, etc?
Boo

qwiksliver1022
10-31-2005, 01:21 AM
On one of my flights down from Chicago a woman was carrying a large pizza on board. We asked her what the occasion was and she replied with "This pizza is my favorite when i lived here! I want to take it home to my kids in time for dinner!"

The Lovely Mrs. tod
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Yes, the Millionaire attraction/show closed quite some time ago.

August 20, 2004, according to Little tod, who can tell you to the minute just how long he's been eligible to this day...

-TLMt

TowerofTerror
10-31-2005, 09:04 AM
August 20, 2004 it closed. The attraction was popular to AP`s holders and almost was always half filled with them each time the show went on. I hear they will have Something to do with the new Movie coming out inside the building doing with the movie Narnia

hlbtimes2
10-31-2005, 11:44 AM
I wouldnt try to bring produce in your suit case. I know that you arent supposed to drive in to CA with fruit.

The only time I've ever had a problem bringing food was (raw/ fresh) sweet potatoes on the flight home from Hawaii. The took them from me.