PDA

View Full Version : DLR Backstage Pass - New AP newsletter sent out

Darkbeer
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
A new AP newletter, with a new name has been mailed, Lisa got hers today in Tustin.

Nice glossy look, with articles. (I just checked, it is not yet available at the DIsneyland.com AP section)

They mention that the large Christmas Tree on Main Street wil be "Goldenized", they will use 2,400 golden ornaments this year, and white and gold lights, and 2,700 golden bows.

Among the special offers, the return of "Bring a Friend" discount tickets.

From 11/28 thru 12/14, get $20 off a 2 day PH with your AP, (discount price $86 for adults, $66 for kids 3 thru 9). Maximum 8 tickets per day, tickets expire 12/15/05.

lisap
10-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Got ours today, too--very nice. They talked about a new 30 ft. christmas tree in DCA in the Golden State Park area (across from the Golden Dreams theatre.) They're also releasing some really cute Mickey Ears with silver snowflakes on the black ears, a red cap, and a fluffy trim around the brim area. The whole issue got me in the mood for Christmas!:)

Darkbeer
10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Interesting that the DCA tree will have a special "magical Disney moment" in regards to the lighting effects on the tree...

Also, I have to love this quote from Karen Hedges, Director of Horticulture and Resort Enhancement.

"The newest holiday tree will be decorated with a non-traditional, comptemporary color palette, reflecting the ambience and attitude of this Park"

potterphreak
10-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm not an APer yet, but will be by November 27th-this bring a friend thing sounds AMAZING as I am planning a trip with my brand new sister in law and our 2 two year olds Dec. 6-8th and this would really save her some money! How would I, a new APer, be able to get her in for this special? Would I be able to buy her tickets at the ticket windows, or through the internet, or what? Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!!!

lisap
10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
*shrug* I think anything that adds to the Christmas atmosphere in DCA will be welcome--I'm glad they are making more of an effort this year.

Darkbeer
10-29-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm not an APer yet, but will be by November 27th-this bring a friend thing sounds AMAZING as I am planning a trip with my brand new sister in law and our 2 two year olds Dec. 6-8th and this would really save her some money! How would I, a new APer, be able to get her in for this special? Would I be able to buy her tickets at the ticket windows, or through the internet, or what? Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!!!

You will have your AP by December, so you wil have two choices.

You can just go to the ticket windows on the day she comes, and buy the ticket, in fact, she can use her Credit Card (so long as you are both there).

Or if you wait until they update the DIsneyland.com site, you can order on the internet once you get your AP. (The Newsletter claims that you can order as of November 1st, but I went to the link, and the offer is not yet up online.)

Malcon10t
10-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi,

You just go to the ticket window with her and show your AP. Its pretty simple actually! We've done it numerous times. (Its not been available online in the past.)

Pirate Princess
10-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Among the special offers, the return of "Bring a Friend" discount tickets.

From 11/28 thru 12/14, get $20 off a 2 day PH with your AP, (discount price $86 for adults, $66 for kids 3 thru 9). Maximum 8 tickets per day, tickets expire 12/15/05.

OH poo! I bought a 2 liter bottle of coke for the $10.00 off (I hate Coke:mad: ) for no reason! BUT YEAH FOR $20.00 off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

disneyscott
10-30-2005, 06:43 AM
They mention that the large Christmas Tree on Main Street wil be "Goldenized", they will use 2,400 golden ornaments this year, and white and gold lights, and 2,700 golden bows.

You can see the tree as when you are on the tram in to the park, I saw it on 10-29-05 the tram guy said it was going up nov 11th?

TDBearGrrl
10-30-2005, 06:50 AM

The tree was visible from the tram yesterday. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me yesterday. :mad:

It is beautiful!!!

TDBearGrrl
10-30-2005, 06:54 AM

The tree was visible from the tram yesterday on our way into the park, but we couldn't see it on the way out. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me yesterday. :mad:

The guy on our tram said it was going up on Tuesday...

It is beautiful!!!

olegc
10-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Nice glossy look, with articles. (I just checked, it is not yet available at the DIsneyland.com AP section).

hmm - I wonder if this is ini response to the demise of The Disney Magazine as well as the push by other sites to create their own print media (LP magazine, for example).... if so - DLR may have learned from others like Microsoft that you copy what others produce and then overrun their efforts.

Of course, all this is highly speculative and very early (i have not even received mine yet).

SCUBAbe
10-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I like that dca is low key about christmas. DL bombards you with it....I like to go over to dca to egt a break fromt he in your face, over the top, commercialized hiliday that DL throws at me.

disneyhound
10-30-2005, 10:42 AM
...Also, I have to love this quote from Karen Hedges, Director of Horticulture and Resort Enhancement.

"The newest holiday tree will be decorated with a non-traditional, comptemporary color palette, reflecting the ambience and attitude of this Park"

What do You think Karens means? Is this an attempt to hide the connection of the tree to Christmas? Is this more PC for the park?

lisap
10-30-2005, 11:35 AM
What do You think Karens means? Is this an attempt to hide the connection of the tree to Christmas? Is this more PC for the park?

I don't think so, because the description right above her quote states "a new 30 ft. Christmas tree trimmed with 4,000 shimmering lights..."

And when she's talking about the Main St. tree she says "...our thoughts went to replacing the traditional Victorian ornamentation on the 60 ft. Christmas tree to golden ornaments..."

Who knows--maybe she just got tired of saying "Christmas tree" all every minute.;)

disneyhound
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think so, because the description right above her quote states "a new 30 ft. Christmas tree trimmed with 4,000 shimmering lights..."

And when she's talking about the Main St. tree she says "...our thoughts went to replacing the traditional Victorian ornamentation on the 60 ft. Christmas tree to golden ornaments..."

Who knows--maybe she just got tired of saying "Christmas tree" all every minute.;)I'm glad to hear that. This will our first trip to DL while it is still in Christmas decoration mode; really looking forward to it!

Pirate Princess
10-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Nope.. let's break it down shall we:

The newest holiday tree will be decorated with a non-traditional, comptemporary color palette, reflecting the ambience and attitude of this Park

"Non-traditional, contemporary color palette" = Not green/red, gold/silver which is considered "traditional". Contemporary means modern, which could make the tree decorations purple, neon pink etc.
This is further proven by the next part of the statement, "reflecting the ambience and attitude of this [DCA] park." Well.. the tree will match the look and style of the park. So.. what she is trying to say is that the tree will be fairly obnoxious looking (and colored with any color that is not Christmas-y)

Did I break the code???
H

potzbie
10-31-2005, 05:46 PM
I live in the San Gabriel Valley, and I got my Annual Passholder newsletter ("Backstage Pass," Holiday 2005) today.