PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve

Disney Daddy of 4
10-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I am planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort for the 5 days surrounding new years eve. What events happen over the that weekend and how can I find out anything special that is happening for New Year's Eve?

Malcon10t
10-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I am planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort for the 5 days surrounding new years eve. What events happen over the that weekend and how can I find out anything special that is happening for New Year's Eve?
Unless it is rainy, the park will more than likely be at capacity on NYE. (We go every year, its a BLAST but crowded.) You can check out their calendar and on NYE, they generally have various bands playing in the different locations, they will pass out hats and noise makers after 9, and the park will be open til 2am. They will have amazing fireworks at midnight. It will be a blast. But be prepared for wal to wall people.

pmover11
10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
The last time my wife and I went to DL (no kids then) was to ring in the 2000 New Year. It was packed and rainy, and I distinctly remember the Main Street Cinema resembling a refugee camp with people trying to get out of the rain. It was definitely packed then, although I don't believe they ever had to resort to turning away new entries.

Conversely, on January 1, most people are very tired and if you can manage to get up, the park should be relatively empty.

tod
10-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Conversely, on January 1, most people are very tired and if you can manage to get up, the park should be relatively empty.

Not in my experience, especially this year when the Rose Bowl won't be on January 1, so all those tourists gotta go somewhere on the first....

--t

pmover11
10-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Ah, I hadn't remembered that in 2000, the Rose Bowl was actually held on January 1, so all the Rose Bowl attendees were at the game.

You should probably follow what tod says since I have not been back to DL since then.

janell
10-30-2005, 06:28 PM
DL is packed on New Years Eve during the night. You may want to make sure your in the park by 5:00, because there has been years where they have stut the gates because they could let anymore in.

On the night of New Years Eve, I would go to DCA. DCA is great at night with all the lights and they have bands playing, hats and horns, count downs, they have it all just like DL. But whats better is you can move around. In past years at DL on that night, I wasn't able to move anywhere for hours. Not all that much fun. DCA is the only way to go that night.:)

Hope you have a great holiday.