PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Tickets

jmdisque
10-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know anything about Twilight Tickets that are available at Disney Desks either at the Convention Center or hotels around DLR? I read about them on micechat.com.

How much are they and how hard is it to get them? We were thinking of using them on the evening we arrive in LA to maybe catch some fireworks/Electrical parade since we are only getting a 2 day park hopper pass.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jacquie
DLR 12/18-12/19

DangerMouse
10-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know anything about Twilight Tickets that are available at Disney Desks either at the Convention Center or hotels around DLR? I read about them on micechat.com.

How much are they and how hard is it to get them? We were thinking of using them on the evening we arrive in LA to maybe catch some fireworks/Electrical parade since we are only getting a 2 day park hopper pass.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jacquie
DLR 12/18-12/19

From what I remember reading, they are around $28 and you can only buy them at the convention center if there is a convention going on during the time you are there.

I think it would be very close in price (maybe just 2-3 more dollars) to upgrade to a 3 day parkhopper.

going2disneyAZ
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
From what I remember reading, they are around $28 and you can only buy them at the convention center if there is a convention going on during the time you are there.

I think it would be very close in price (maybe just 2-3 more dollars) to upgrade to a 3 day parkhopper.

does anyone know if you need to get into the convention to get the twilight tix or is there a kiosk or ticket booth outside the actual convention. I will be in town on 11/16 for business and thought it would be nice to enjoy the park after work....

potterphreak
12-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Going to DL 12/15-12/17. Friend only wants to go to the park on Friday but because of talk on here about how crowded it has been, I think I am going to try and talk her into going Thursday night as well.
Questions:
The twilight ticket is a ticket for after 4:00pm, correct? Can you buy it before 4pm and then wait until 4 to use it? Do we buy it where you buy all other tickets? It's $28, correct? Thanks in advance!

potzbie
12-11-2005, 10:01 AM
I have never seen or gotten advertising from Disneyland regarding such tickets, in my few years as an Annual Passholder.

Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Moutain have had such things, if I remember.

The DLR official web site does not mention such tickets.

On the other hand, thanks to MOUSEPLANET regulars, we know that a one-hour shopping pass is available from DLR despite its secrecy from the web site and secrecy from the posted in-person ticket windows.

Where did you hear of such a ticket?

VickiC
12-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Twilight tickest are only sold through conventions.

K & S
12-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Twilight tickest are only sold through conventions.

And Ebay, I found listings selling Twilight Tickets. Another problem that adds to the nighttime crowd control nightmares.

K

pretty Omi
12-11-2005, 01:07 PM
the huge game convention that was gonna be at the convention center was the one selling the twilight tickets and i believe they were $25 a piece... i forget the name of the convention itself, but i think you already would have had to buy your tickets from them by now...

DISNEYLAND GUY
12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
the tickets are used 4 hours before the park's closing time

mraw
12-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I have never seen or gotten advertising from Disneyland regarding such tickets, in my few years as an Annual Passholder.

Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Moutain have had such things, if I remember.

The DLR official web site does not mention such tickets.

On the other hand, thanks to MOUSEPLANET regulars, we know that a one-hour shopping pass is available from DLR despite its secrecy from the web site and secrecy from the posted in-person ticket windows.

Where did you hear of such a ticket?

What's a one-hour shopping pass and how does it work?

Dexter
12-11-2005, 08:40 PM
What's a one-hour shopping pass and how does it work?

A one hour shopping pass can be purchased from Guest Services. It allows you entry into the park for 1 hour to purchase items from the shops in the park. If you return within the hour time limit you are not charged for the price of a 1 day one park ticket.

Basically you pay for a ticket, if you come back within an hour, they refund the cost of the ticket to your credit card.

Dexter
12-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I'd like to ammend my previous post, only because I see that I messed up somewhat. They don't refund the ticket to your credit card unless you paid for the ticket with your credit card. If you paid cash, they'd give you cash back.

Mark Mywords
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I have purchased twilight tickets sold from the info kiosks near the exhibit hall areas over at the convention center. When I bought mine (during our convention last year), they did not confirm that I was with either of the two conventions being held at the time. They just sold them to me, no questions asked.

mraw
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I'd like to ammend my previous post, only because I see that I messed up somewhat. They don't refund the ticket to your credit card unless you paid for the ticket with your credit card. If you paid cash, they'd give you cash back.

That seems too good to be true! Is there a certain amount of merchandise that you'll have to purchase in order to get your money back? Is it just for California residents? Thanks for all the info, Dexter.

Dexter
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
From what I've seen there's no merchandise specific limit, but the time limit is finite. If you don't make it back in an hour you are stuck with the cost of the ticket, with the crowd control issues the park has had recently, I'd be wary to shop anywhere but main street.