PDA

View Full Version : short observations on a friday 10/28 in october...

olegc
10-28-2005, 08:12 PM
decent crowd tonight - 5-630...
was there always a 50 below the angel above Angels court in NOS?....
even though they are pretty - I think holiday decorations before halloween in NOS is bad form (remember, jack did not start his christmas run until AFTER halloween had ended)...
Cafe Orleans was actual OPEN! although I heard someone complain about the limited menu (sheesh! you want every restaurant to sell the same food a la merchandising? ).
The Fantasmic Crew shirts are DINGY! Someone get them some Oxyclean!...
It's nice to see a small crowd gather for the jazz trio near angel's court..

that's all I had time for...

Monte Cristo
10-29-2005, 06:34 AM
even though they are pretty - I think holiday decorations before halloween in NOS is bad form (remember, jack did not start his christmas run until AFTER halloween had ended)...

People have complained for years that holiday stuff is going up earlier and earlier every year, but it really has gotten ridiculous. You can walk into stores in late September and see holiday aisles set up already. By the time December rolls around, you're almost Christmased out.

For DL, it's especially weird feeling seeing Christmas stuff in October. My fiancee and I went mid-month and walking into the NOS Christmas store felt wrong considering it was 90 degrees out.

AaronInCal
10-29-2005, 11:46 AM
The stores and malls do go crazy getting Christmas stuff out way early. I think CostCo is the worst right now. They usually are selling Christmas stuff in September.

In any rate, it is interesting the Disneyland is "officially" starting their Christmas festivities a week later this year, on November 11. The past several years they have been starting on the first weekend of November, which would have been next weekend. With the acception of New Orleans Square, they have not really put stuff up as early as usual because of this. Even Small World is not as far along as it would normally be. For sure next week they will be throwing stuff up like crazy. Maybe they did listen to those who did not like that they have Christmas right after Halloween.. :rolleyes: