PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Buffet?

Ms.Pecks
10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Talked with vacation planning yesterday about our Dec.18th-27th trip to DL and he mentioned that there might be a Christmas buffet in the Grand Ballroom.Has anyone else heard this rumor? Then again, he might be new to V.P. and be talking off the top of his head.We've done the Mothers Day buffet two years in a row and have thoroughly enjoyed it so I hope he is right!

10-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Where is the Grand Ballroom?

Aussie MouseFan
10-29-2005, 04:30 AM
I think it is in the Disneyland Hotel

tod
10-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Where is the Grand Ballroom?

Disneyland Hotel, far west end, between the Lobby and Goofy's Kitchen.

--t

10-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Disneyland Hotel, far west end, between the Lobby and Goofy's Kitchen.

Gotcha! Thanks, tod.

Has anyone done the Christmas Buffet at the DLH?

gothemi
10-29-2005, 12:10 PM
What is vacation planning's number? Can they also set up dinner reservations for you in the parks? I would like to get some info. on this X-mas buffet as well. I think they have a Thanksgiving buffet eash year too?

twist1980
10-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I would like some info about the Christmas buffet also, if anyone gets it. I'll be going around the same time for my Mommy's 50th! I want to do as many fun extra things as possible!

BTW, 3894, I just love your avatar! I love Beagles and the pups are the cutest!!! :)

10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
BTW, 3894, I just love your avatar! I love Beagles and the pups are the cutest!!! :)

Awwww, thanks!

So I'm thinking Goofy's does something wonderful for Christmas, too?

mi_mous
10-29-2005, 09:51 PM
I would like some info about the Christmas buffet also, if anyone gets it. I'll be going around the same time for my Mommy's 50th! I want to do as many fun extra things as possible!

I know this is totally off subject, but how do you get an avatar?? I have tried, and it won't unlock, or something, perhaps I am doing something wrong?? I would love to have one though.

cstephens
10-31-2005, 01:50 AM
I was under the impression that the Grand Ballroom buffets were done every year for Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

10-31-2005, 02:00 AM
I was under the impression that the Grand Ballroom buffets were done every year for Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Me, too. I know people have raved about the Thanksgiving, Easter, and Mother's Day spreads. Can't recall having seen a thing about Christmas, though!

cstephens
10-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Me, too. I know people have raved about the Thanksgiving, Easter, and Mother's Day spreads. Can't recall having seen a thing about Christmas, though!

I don't know anyone who's gone lately, but I do know someone who's gone to the Christmas buffet, though it was years ago. Maybe they discontinued it? I've considered going for Easter, but since we go for Mother's Day every year, twice in a period of two months seems excessive and redundant.

stan4d_steph
10-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Goofy's Kitchen is having a Christmas Eve buffet (Goofy’s Christmas Feast) from 3:00pm - 9:00pm. Adults $28.99 / Kids $11.99

Storytellers Cafe has a dinner buffet available from 3:00pm – 9:00pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Adults $26.99 / Kids $11.99

Napa Rose has "Christmas in the Wine Country," a 4 Course prix-fixe, for $75.00 from 5:30pm – 10pm on Christmas Day.

AngelInside
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
If anyone has info on the Thanksgiving buffet they have I'd appreciate it. Location/Price/Date?? thanks

disneyjunkie
11-01-2005, 03:57 PM
We went for the christmas buffett gosh about 8 years ago and we did the Easter one 2 years ago. Both were fantastic , and both are only held on the holiday , no week long buffets lol. The food is plentiful, the ballroom is decorated for the holiday , there are character meet and greet areas as well as stages set up in various locations with music or character scenes. The center area had wonderul seafood and salads and breads, cheeses ect.. Carving stations all around with various meats. The dessert area is to die for: A chocolate fountain with all kinds of goodies and fruits to dip, pies , cakes, tortes , puddings and cherrie jublie flambe......Pricey but well worth it.

AngelInside
11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
We went for the christmas buffett gosh about 8 years ago and we did the Easter one 2 years ago. Both were fantastic , and both are only held on the holiday , no week long buffets lol. The food is plentiful, the ballroom is decorated for the holiday , there are character meet and greet areas as well as stages set up in various locations with music or character scenes. The center area had wonderul seafood and salads and breads, cheeses ect.. Carving stations all around with various meats. The dessert area is to die for: A chocolate fountain with all kinds of goodies and fruits to dip, pies , cakes, tortes , puddings and cherrie jublie flambe......Pricey but well worth it.

do they seat you with your party only are you set up with other guests at a big table??

cstephens
11-01-2005, 04:27 PM
do they seat you with your party only are you set up with other guests at a big table??

They seat your party at your own table. They have different size tables, which can also be put together for larger parties.

Here's a picture from the Mother's Day brunch in 2003 (http://colddeadfish.net/images/mothersday03/md03-11.jpg) that might help you imagine how the tables are set up.

AngelInside
11-01-2005, 04:28 PM
They seat your party at your own table. They have different size tables, which can also be put together for larger parties.

Here's a picture from the Mother's Day brunch in 2003 (http://colddeadfish.net/images/mothersday03/md03-11.jpg) that might help you imagine how the tables are set up.

wow, nice, thank you for that, it really does help to see it. Thanks again

Ms.Pecks
11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
We've done Mothers Day brunch the last 2 years and it is truly a feast to behold!We have reservations this Christmas at Storytellers Xmas eve and Goofy's Xmas day but would change either one if they decide to have a buffet in the grand ballroom.Last years Xmas eve at Storeytellers was simply awsome!We sat by the fireplace and had a wonderful experience,not to mention a great meal!But if they bring back the buffet ,I'll have to change our reservations!

gothemi
11-03-2005, 09:32 AM
I called Vacation Planning Services this week and they did not have any information on the buffet as of yet, but they are expecting some info. later this month. Doesn't help much, but at least somebody has already posted some info.