PDA

View Full Version : Pyro test tonight, 10/28

AVP
10-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Disneyland is going to be testing some new pyro effects from "it's a small world" during tonight's performance of "Remember... Dreams Come True." These effects will be formally added to the show on November 4th.

AVP

RStar
10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I did hear some strange "pops". Normally I hear "booms" from my house, but I noticed something different tonight, I wonder if this is what it was?

Bruce Bergman
10-28-2005, 10:31 PM
So, did they pass the test? Someone had to be watching... And knowing this bunch, that someone had a notepad and a video camera rolling. :D

--<< Bruce >>--

SpacedOutCM
10-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I watched the fireworks from Small World tonight and there were no fireworks shot from Small World. The effects were no different.

AaronInCal
10-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I also happened to be watching Remember from the Small World area tonight and there were no fireworks launched from the Small World building. Everything was the same as it has been since they added the projections. So maybe they were cancelled..

TowerofTerror
10-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow this all sounds strange to me.

AaronInCal
11-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Looks like Disneyland just finished testing the pyro from Small World. Appeared to be they were going through the Remember show, with only the new Small World fireworks. Looks like the same type that are shot off from around the Hub during the show. So maybe the testing was just pushed back several days since last Friday.

coronado_g
11-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the heads-up!

AVP
11-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Pyro was tested last night, and will be included in the show starting tonight.

AVP

TowerofTerror
11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Wow so very awesome. I hope the test went well.

SpacedOutCM
11-04-2005, 10:18 PM
The pyro did occure at Small World this evening and it went very well. It's pretty much the same on what happens in front of the Castle/Hub. There are a few extra fireworks going off at Small World during the Tink/Walt section

Over at M.I. there are some pictures (http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28914) of what took place

annieb727
11-04-2005, 10:28 PM
they've also added effects to the riverfront area, so those watching the 9pm fantasmic get to see some of them...was pretty cool when we were there...two birds with one stone!!

AaronInCal
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
That's cool! Hopefully someone can get pics of the new effects from the Fantasmic area.

Small World area is now a very good 2nd spot to watch Remember. The added pyro really does make it seem like you are not missing as much. I liked when Tinker Bell was flying during Walt's speech, they would have bursts of pyro at certain moments. It was pretty cool!

Alex S.
11-06-2005, 08:59 AM
The new pyro was not in place on Saturday. And now we're getting conflicting reports on what the plans are for those effects. Hopefully they will be in place permanently soon, but I give up on trying to know for sure.

Also, if there were new affects at Rivers of America last night they were missed by our people who were there.

AaronInCal
11-06-2005, 02:51 PM
On another board, someone said they talked to a Tech last night after the show to see what happened to the Small World pyro. They were told that they are still working out some things. So that's a good sign. If they first had pyro there over the summer, and now this week, they are at least still working on it. There was a video crew there Friday night taping the show at Small World. They were definately Disney people. Maybe they were recording the show so they can review it and go from there. They probably just want to get it just right, by the looks of it. They don't want another chance of a fire like what happened at the Castle a few months back.