PDA

View Full Version : Anne Geddes Store open!

Pages : [1] 2

DaddyB
10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm kinda' surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but the Anne Geddes Store opened this week (wednesday) there was an article in the Orange County paper about how Anne Geddes looked at opening a store in Paris, near the Eiffel Tower, but chose to open this store at Disneyland instead (!)...

Here's a pic:

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/1.jpg
and some more:
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/3.jpg
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/4.jpg

The only adult thing they sell is a black T-shirt with the Anne Geddes Store logo on it... it's a neat looking T-shirt. Everything else is newborn - 18months. Also selling poster prints, books and some decorative (nursery room) Anne Geddes items.

brett
(daddyb)

Mac_gurl
10-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the post with the new info. We will be there in a few days, and our friends are having their first child when we are gone, so that will be perfect!! Thanks!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh I can't wait! I love this stuff! We will be there next week.

hlbtimes2
10-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like a HUGE store, with a small amount of merchandise? I dont really understand the big seating area in the middle, almost as a focal point. I had hoped the store would be open before our trip earlier this month. But, now see that they wouldnt have really had much for us anyway.

IcDkRy16
10-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Looks like a nice store I guess. Anne Geddes' pictures always kinda creeped me out.

Rhiannon8404
10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I just can see the store lasting very long. It does look like lots of space, but little merchandise. How many posters of babies in weird costumes looking like vegetables and flowers can they expect to sell? It just doesn't seem to me that it will be profitable in the long run.

cyberRoo
10-28-2005, 02:21 PM
It just doesn't seem to me that it will be profitable in the long run.

With a flagship store, profitability isn't necessarily the top priority. Brand exposure and association is also a key element, and for Anne Geddes, association with the Disney and Disneyland brands has a great deal of value on its own, not to mention the sheer volume of people who can be associated with the brand and products.

And the margin on a big original image of a baby in a weird animal costume is enormous.

Alex S.
10-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I wonder why Icon is taking so long to open, it was originally scheduled to open before Geddes, in the summer.

Andrew
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I wonder why Icon is taking so long to open, it was originally scheduled to open before Geddes, in the summer.
Maybe they went to Target or 7-11 and realized there's no reason to pay $150 for sunglasses?

MrsG
10-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I had little to no interest in this store, (I agree, IcDkRy16. It is a bit creepy.), and now I find that it is just baby clothes, so my interest level just plumetted even farther.

Darkbeer
10-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Sunglass Icon was still behind the refurb walls this morning. I have a new album, some shots of the inside of the Anne Geddes store are at the end...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/919252

And I took Deogge's Mom in, and she called the place "creepy", and I have to agree with her.....

Disney Village
10-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Sunglass Icon was still behind the refurb walls this morning. I have a new album, some shots of the inside of the Anne Geddes store are at the end...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/919252

Ok, how does she get all of those babies to sleep in those weird outfits in pots no less! My wife and I have a hard enough time getting our little one to sleep in her crib!

DaddyB
10-28-2005, 11:32 PM
I spoke to the store manager, and he said that Anne Geddes would be coming out with a line for older children and later, teenagers. Think "Gap Kids" and "Gap".

It's simply amazing to me (and "amazing" is not a term I use lightly) that so many people are so quick to put down and ridicule this store without ever having stepped foot into it. It's not for everyone, I grant you. But I've never heard people so vehemently confess their abhorance for "Sephora", "Dept 56" or even "Club Libby Lu"... and yet the mere mention that this store has opened, and so many folks have been so quick to ridicule and mock Anne Geddes work and state the the store is a sure failure. The seating area is not that large, and my pictures only show a portion of the store because this is not a photo update and I only put up the raw untouched images to show folks it's much classier than what I thought many people assumed.

Anne Geddes isn't high on my list of stores to frequent, but I see nothing wrong with her past work, her current (classy) push to go beyond what has made her famous, and the presence of a flagship store in Downtown Disney.

Aussie MouseFan
10-29-2005, 02:38 AM
As per what has been said previously, profit would not be the most important aspect of this stores purpose, exposure and brand awareness definitely would be. Anne Geddes is HUGE in Australia & New Zealand and yet I dont see any stores down here, so by increasing peoples awareness, in a soft tactile manner (i.e. flagship store) the company itself will continue to grow and be successful, whether it creeps some out or not.

10-29-2005, 04:21 AM
I dont really understand the big seating area in the middle, almost as a focal point.

But that's where you Californians drink the capuccinos served by the salespeople, like in "Beverly Hills Cop", yah?

lisap
10-29-2005, 08:26 AM
But I've never heard people so vehemently confess their abhorance for "Sephora", "Dept 56" or even "Club Libby Lu"... and yet the mere mention that this store has opened, and so many folks have been so quick to ridicule and mock Anne Geddes work and state the the store is a sure failure

Do a search on Club Libby Lu in this forum and be amazed.

I've seen the Geddes store at the Wynn Hotel in LV and it's gorgeous. I'm sure there will be scads of foot traffic into the store what with being directly across from WOD. I'm not personally in the market for her things--and they ain't cheap, that's for ding-dong sure, but I like to look at baby stuff and I don't mind little babies in flower gardens.:)

pisces
10-29-2005, 08:53 AM
I just can see the store lasting very long. It does look like lots of space, but little merchandise. How many posters of babies in weird costumes looking like vegetables and flowers can they expect to sell? It just doesn't seem to me that it will be profitable in the long run.

....Unless the owners are willing to help promote and give incentives. She must have been recruited. I doubt she was the first to knock on their door. She could have gone anywhere. Clearly they wanted her, and they'll do what they need to keep her.

They need her more than she needs them. Having her there, raises the style bar a little bit. It gives them a certain chic, and class. Clearly Disney wants to go upscale, with the exclusivity she brings. Posh. A little bit of Rodeo Drive. Profit is the least of it. Having a stylish name takes them upmarket.

I doubt any of those stores, with the exception of WOD, take in any of the business that say, South Coast Plaza does.

CrazyTrain
10-29-2005, 10:14 AM
I think the photos are adorable, and I can't wait to see the store.

MrsG
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
But I've never heard people so vehemently confess their abhorance for "Sephora", "Dept 56" or even "Club Libby Lu"... and yet the mere mention that this store has opened, and so many folks have been so quick to ridicule and mock Anne Geddes work and state the the store is a sure failure.
I'm sure the store will be a success because, for some reason, people still find her stuff cute. I did too, at first. But now I think - you've seen it once, you've seen it all.

And club Libby Lu has been massacred on this site.

DisneyMa
10-29-2005, 06:08 PM
The Anne Geddes Babies in the Eggs, Love 'em Big-Time! I have been collecting them for both of my girls as well as myself for the last couple of years. They are ADORABLE and I am always excited to see a new baby in the egg line out.

We were in Disneyland and staying at the GCH from Oct. 22 - 26th. I had received an email from Annegeddes.com with information on the opening of the DTD store. I was disappointed when we arrived and it was "boarded off", then on Tuesday (10/25) I was lucky enough to be able to shop at the store after their "private event" before the Grand Opening to the public the following day. I bought three of the bubble bee babies in the eggs as we already have all of the others (bunnies, lady bugs and the bears). I was also given a free gift of an Anne Geddes Bandanna. It's so cute! And I got to use my PAP for a discount.

We have several of the Prints as well.
Disneyma

tod
10-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I think Anne Geddes stuff is horrible weird creepy awful, but my lack of support has not affected her success in the least. Go figure. She must be selling that stuff to somebody.

And never mind what Little tod calls Club Libby Lu. It ain't pretty. But it sure is funny.

--t

Vegitabeta
10-30-2005, 04:47 AM
I have a couple of Anne Geddes toy babies, one dressed as a white bunny and one as a butterfly. However, I agree with the people who said the store looks a little empty.

DaddyB
10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Have you been to see it already?

I Heart Disneyland!
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I think Anne Geddes stuff is horrible weird creepy awful, but my lack of support has not affected her success in the least. Go figure. She must be selling that stuff to somebody.

--t

AMEN Tod, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegitabeta
10-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Have you been to see it already?
Me?