PDA

View Full Version : DCA misses the boat on Narnia?

olegc
10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Now - mind you - this is a story in an orlando paper - but it does not mention that a similar attraction is going in to DCA - which was speculated on several pads and sites. Hmmm - i wonder - lack of info or lack of interest....

EDIT - link Orlando Sentinal and Narnia (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-disneynarnia2705oct27,0,6274606.story)

stan4d_steph
10-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Here are the first 2 paragraphs:
Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando will open a new attraction in December called Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

The walk-through attraction will offer visitors a peek at the props and some of the story line from the Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media's film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.I imagine this is similar to the "attraction" they had for the Haunted Mansion movie. It was just some props and set pieces, with a brief video presentation. They already have the space for it at MGM, so I'm not surprised that it's going in there.

AVP
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
This *was* going to be going into the Millionaire building in DCA. I hadn't heard it had been scrapped - guess I need to make a few phone calls.

AVP

lisap
10-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I thought I had read there was going to be a recreation of the White Witch's lair at DCA. Did I dream this? :confused:

olegc
10-28-2005, 08:02 PM
This *was* going to be going into the Millionaire building in DCA. I hadn't heard it had been scrapped - guess I need to make a few phone calls.

AVP

well, I did not say it was scrapped - but when they don't mention a west coast version in the same breath - it makes me hesitate and wonder if it was a typical Disney Company oversight (oh, we have something in anaheim? oh yeah, our bank account called Disneyland) or really a change of plans...

sleepyjeff
10-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I was hoping for a Narnia Diorama somewhere along the Disneyland RR:)

jazzysmom
10-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh how we want this at DCA!