PDA

View Full Version : Crowds

Shary Bobbins
03-11-2002, 05:59 PM
I was thinking of going to the park sometime between 3/18 and 4/7. Will the park be crowded those three weeknends with people on vacation or will one week be better than the others?

Uncle Dick
03-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Shary Bobbins
I was thinking of going to the park sometime between 3/18 and 4/7. Will the park be crowded those three weeknends with people on vacation or will one week be better than the others?
I'd encourage you to get to the park as soon as possible. Most of the rehabs end by 3/23 so the park will almost be at full operation by that time. Unfortunately, the park will also probably get really crowded right around that time. Personally, I'd wait until after 3/23 just so everything's open. Before that, it'll be less crowded but three E-tickets and half of Fantasyland will be closed. Hope that helps.

Morrigoon
03-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Spring break season begins mid-March. But best to go sooner than later because spring break season ends just as summer and grad nite seasons begin, so it'll only get more crowded the later you go. Remember, Easter is March 31st. If you DO go though, I recommend the grand buffet they do at the DLH, wonderful stuff.

Ace
03-11-2002, 06:20 PM
spring break for us school children is the 25-29th. I think that makes it a lot more crowded, although I went to 6 Flags during Spring Break last year and it wasn't too bad... anyway, I'll probably be there the 27th. but in disguise.... I'll be there with "normals" and they can't know how much of a geek I am.

edit: will it be crowded, since that sunday is easter? I'm probably still going... but I gotta know.

MammaSilva
03-11-2002, 07:39 PM
We went on Easter Sunday a couple years ago, from opening until around 1pm we walked on everything in the park ....after 1 it got seriously ugly, crowded with LOTS of sugared up little ones that were excited and tired and needing naps....we left and went back to the hotel until around 7pm went back and families were figuring it out that their little ones were 'done' and were leaving the park in droves, so it's a 50/50 type thing

disneynut
03-11-2002, 07:50 PM
I know this is far off...but what about Thanksgiving weekend? (Including Thanksgiving Day) Has anyone ever been at this time to know if it's crazy? We're planning a full family trip (grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins). Thanks in advance.

MammaSilva
03-11-2002, 08:03 PM
LOL Disneynut .... we are planning on going that weekend as well, nephews birthday is ON thanksgiving and we asked him what he wanted.... he wants Disneyland, and dinner at Medievel times :)

Uncle Dick
03-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
I know this is far off...but what about Thanksgiving weekend? (Including Thanksgiving Day) Has anyone ever been at this time to know if it's crazy? We're planning a full family trip (grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins). Thanks in advance.
Thanksgiving is insane. I was there basically every day Thanksgiving week, and it just gets worse and worse culminating on the day after Thanksgiving. I walked into Disneyland, and, after it took 15 minutes to get to the Matterhorn, I walked right back out. I don't think I'd ever seen the resort that crowded, even during New Year's Eve......