PDA

View Full Version : Best way from Downtown LA to the park

snowroach
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Hello All,
I'm going to be at a convention at the LA convention center in early December. The first day I will be there I won't have anything going on, so I thought it would be great to take a one day trip to Disneyland. Since I'm flying in and taking a cab from the airport to downtown I won't have a car, what would be the best way to get from downtown to Anaheim? Would a taxi be too expensive? Is there an easy public transportation? Oh yeah, I'll be staying at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel if that matters.

Thanks!

Andrew
10-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Taxi will be quite expensive, but probably the most reliable. There's an Amtrak station at Anaheim Stadium, and some sort of shuttle service from there to the Resort, so you could catch a train from Union Station. I would not recommend taking the bus.

You might do better to just rent a car for one day. Talk to the concierge at the Bonaventure--nice place, by the way--and see what they can arrange for you.

potzbie
10-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Union Station is the hub of Los Angeles public transportation.
(By the way, Union Station is across from OLVERA STREET, the old Los Angeles historic site.)
From a downtown hotel, you can get to Union Station relatively quickly.
The Metro (subway) might be used, or just a taxi for the short distance north of downtown.

From Union Station, a train (I am unsure if AMTRAK or METROLINK is the company) can be taken to either the ANAHEIM station or the FULLERTON station.

Beware that the trains do not run as often as buses, so depending on the day or hour, you may not be able to use a train, or not use the train for both directions, coming and going.

A taxi or bus is sufficient from either of those terminals.
The FULLERTON station is a full-sized station (on Harbor Blvd., near Commonwealth Ave.) whereas the ANAHEIM station (on Katella Ave., near the 57 freeway) is a lesser station, next to Anaheim (Angel) Stadium.

ANAHEIM station is technically closer to DLR, but the FULLERTON station is probably more accessible and more comfortable, based on my own visual inspection of buildings, services, etc. That is, the difference being, FULLERTON is a hub, whereas ANAHEIM is just a stop.

Teeeena
10-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Here's a second vote for renting a car for a day. According to google maps, it's a 28-mile trip. At $2/mile, that's $56 plus the base fare and waiting time charges if you hit traffic, for a one way trip.

A rental car should cost you in the range of $40 plus $10 for parking.