PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 11 - 13. Will it be crowded?

sandiegorob
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Just kidding, of course it will be. With Veteran's Day and the Cheerleading convention that weekend. My girls will love it, the youngest (5yo) wants to be a cheerleader when she grows up - no comments please! Anyone else willing to brave the chaos that weekend?
BTW- the crowds don't bother me much although I was used to the last few years in the offseason being relatively mild in attendance.

Leslie21
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I'll be there from the 10th through the 12th. I go for my birthday and usually the 11th is pretty busy but I can take it :D

mickeylove
10-27-2005, 06:17 PM
My hubby and I will be there Nov 11- 14. We are leaving the kids this trip.

lauramaynot
10-27-2005, 08:21 PM
We will also be there from the 9-11th Hoping the 11 won't be bad but since there are going to be some christmas stuff starting on that date I wouldn't be surprized if the crowds get larger as the day goes on as they seem to do for the fireworks show.:)

tinker3
10-27-2005, 08:35 PM
We are going next week, starting Nov. 2nd. Does anyone know what is going on then? I have never seen so many hotels sold out. We go this time every year and it's never crowded, that's one of the reasons we go this time of year (little ones). One more question... (sorry it's my 1st time posting) Does anyone know the odds of Small world opening early? It's usually a small world holiday by Nov. 1st and it's later this year!

MauiMickey
10-27-2005, 09:12 PM
We'll be there from Nov. 9-13. We were in Disneyland two years ago at this time, and it wasn't crowded at all. I guess we'll have to live with the crowds this time. Oh well, we're still in the Happiest Place on Earth! :)

mkcbunny
10-27-2005, 10:32 PM
We will be there from the 11-14th, leaving the 15th. I'm afraid fo the crowds, the cheerleaders, and the holiday-goers. But I am too excited about going to care.

Darkbeer
10-27-2005, 10:43 PM
We are going next week, starting Nov. 2nd. Does anyone know what is going on then? I have never seen so many hotels sold out. We go this time every year and it's never crowded, that's one of the reasons we go this time of year (little ones). One more question... (sorry it's my 1st time posting) Does anyone know the odds of Small world opening early? It's usually a small world holiday by Nov. 1st and it's later this year!

As for iaswh opening early... NO WAY!!! (Sorry), it just went down for refurb 4 days ago, and they have a tight schedule to get it switched in less than 3 weeks.

audibleatom
10-28-2005, 07:57 AM
i will be there 11th-13th for my birthday...Lm8520 don't forget to get a birthday sticker from city hall so all the Cm's will tell you happy birthday!!! I won't forget!:D

tinker3
10-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info Darkbeer! Do you have any idea why it's busy next week? Any conventions or is it just busy due to 50th anniversary. I just have never seen this many hotels sold out this time of year! Oh well, Disney's fun no matter what!:D

sandiegorob
10-28-2005, 12:04 PM
My worst day at DL is much better than my best day at work - crowds or no crowds. I would have been much happier if there were college-aged cheerleaders attending over the Nov 11 weekend although my wife would have put blinders on me.

sierranevada
10-28-2005, 12:21 PM
We are there the same time as MauiMickey - 11/9 - 11/13. I knew it was a holiday when we booked but did not find out about the cheer/dance competition till later! Oh well...we are at the DLH concierge so if it gets too bad, we will just got back for a few drinks!;) And if the concierge lounge isn't serving drinks yet... Lost Bar anyone!?!

srfantasmic
10-28-2005, 01:16 PM
What cheer/dance competition is going on? Is it something inside the park or just in the area? Who is participating?

sierranevada
10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
What cheer/dance competition is going on? Is it something inside the park or just in the area? Who is participating?

It is at the Anaheim Convention Center on Sun Nov 13, but as Darkbeer said somewhere on this board, it is usually a family event so the families will be in the park with the participants are rehearsing. The estimate attendance at the competition is 22,000. :eek:

srfantasmic
10-28-2005, 04:19 PM
It is at the Anaheim Convention Center on Sun Nov 13, but as Darkbeer said somewhere on this board, it is usually a family event so the families will be in the park with the participants are rehearsing. The estimate attendance at the competition is 22,000. :eek:

oh no!!! no wonder hotels are packed for that weekend. Oh well...I'll have fun anyways.