PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peak at New Monsters Inc. Ride

Wendi
10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
From Budget Travel Online:

SNEAK PEEK
Disneyland's New Rides
We got an advance look at Disneyland's new Monsters Inc. ride, opening in early January. Not the ride itself, but a run-through, via renderings, led by Imagineer Kevin Rafferty. It looked pretty cool: It's definitely a throwback to classic rides like the Haunted Mansion, where the thrills are in the creativity rather than the rolling and the coasting. (And good news: Billy Crystal and John Goodman will be doing the voicework.) Same with the Finding Nemo ride, due at Disneyland in 2007: They're basically taking the old submarine ride—sorely missed these past few years—and making it all about everyone's favorite zebra fish. Rafferty boasted how they've found a way to have the animatronic figures be underwater without using cheesy fishing line.

See Story (http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/08/04/AR2005080401478.html) on two self-proclaimed "Disney Dweebs".

Read the transcript (http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/09/20/AR2005092000955.html) of a recent online chat for even more Disney secrets

DaddyB
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
zebra fish????

tch. tch.

hlbtimes2
10-27-2005, 02:27 PM
zebra fish????

tch. tch.

Thats that I was thinking. Isnt he a CLOWN fish?

TDBearGrrl
10-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Ya know, I was gonna say something, but I didn't want to get flammed!!!

going2disneyAZ
10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Thats that I was thinking. Isnt he a CLOWN fish?

...."And not very funny for a clown fish"

truesally
10-27-2005, 06:37 PM
...."And not very funny for a clown fish"

"Say something funny, come on..." ;) And wouldn't fishing line be kind of an amusing touch in the ride?? haha

But really, thanks Wendi for the info. Very cool! I found an "antique" Disneyland pictorial book (mid-80s?) at a book sale this summer and have been regaling my kids with stories of the good ol' days ~ Country Bear Jamboree (almost cried telling about the good times there), PeopleMover, and submarine ride, which my son desperately wished he could see.

splashmtngurl
10-27-2005, 07:45 PM
your son isnt the only one you desperatly wishes that he had the chance to see the subs...ahh...i wish i could have been born a few years ealier :( lol